“Great for families”

Ranked #21 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Pittsburgh, PA
“Great for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2005

We just returned from the Naples Beach Hotel and had a good experience. Having read the reviews of others, we weren't particularly surprised by anything. Our room was adequate but definitely not luxurious. The location is superb, however. The beach was right out the door, and it is beautiful. There's also a pool (mainly for kids) as well as a large grassy area for them to play on. Golf and tennis are also on the property and both are fabulous. The restaurant and bar are the only ones in Naples located right on the beach. In addition, the hotel is very conveniently located to the shops and restaurants of Old Naples - about a one mile drive or an easy bike ride (the hotel will rent those to you). All in all, we'd go back. We also checked out the Ritz waaaay up the coast, and although it was beautiful it's relatively small beach was absolutely packed full of people.

• Stayed March 2005
9 Thank TabbyL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2005

We had a great experience at Naples Beach and plan on going back. The hotel is clean and visually inviting. The lobby is beautiful. The access to the beach can't get any better as the beach is in it's 'backyard'. There is a pool for all of those who want to play without the sand. An outdoor cafe is located in the pool area, just a few steps up off of the beach for drinks and food. I have been up and down the beach coast in this area, and this is one of my favorite areas. We found a good variety of shells as well. It is an easy drive from the hotel to all of the sights to see in Naples, all local streets. Parking is fierce, however, and finding a spot near the hotel/beach is not easy. It's much easier to pay a few bucks and have your car valet parked in front of the hotel. All in all, a great place to stay if you want beachfront accomodations.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2005

Not exactly what I expected especially for the price. I've been to a lot of resorts and this one is just not up to par. Maybe it was the fact that they were doing construction on the next door building, the room I had was old, bathroom with mold, spacious but not designed well. I loved the beach and beachside bar but I think you can do better for this price range.

6 Thank Maxmon
pittsburgh,PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2005

We just came back from a conference that took place in this hotel. Subsequently ,it made sense to stay here. Fortunately, because the conference was paid for, we did not spend our hard earned money for what turned out to be substandard accomodations. First of all, the majority of these rooms are older construction. The rooms have a stale quality to them; our room had stained carpet. Another couple told us that they had mold in their bathroom and found ants in their room. The bedspreads are polyester. Another friend of ours pointed out that it was not the kind of resort where you would feel comfortable taking a bath. Naples happened to have a cold wave this week with the temperatures dipping into the 40's. When we tried to turn the heat on, cold air blasted. We and another room asked for assistanece. They said they would turn the heat on, which never happened, so we spent our nights very chilly. We paid extra money for an ocean view; what we got was an expansive view of the roof of the floors beneath us. At one point, I tried to reach another guest, I called the front desk 3 times because they kept disconnecting me. On my thrid attempt, I explained my frustration to the desk person. Her response was not an apology but rather a reprimand, "You should know that we have many conferences here, and we're very busy." I think the highlight, was when we decided to sit on the beach and when we asked for a chair (they're normally locked up) we were told that it costs $26.00 per day. It costs $10.00 per day to use their gym which is just a room with a few nautilus and treadmill. This hotel is not inexpensive and everyone we spoke to who happened to stay there for the conference couldn't stop talking about how bad the service is, between the front desk and the way they nickel and dime you on services that should be complimentary for a resort guest. The only nice thing I can say, is that the maid service people were very nice and helpful. I think my husband put it best when he said, "It's sad when you look at the Holiday Inn longingly"

19 Thank reddyn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2005

I called to make a reservation, and they could not confirm a room in the Penthouse Building. In fact, they told me that I may be in Wadkins at the same price, which is not nearly the same as the Penthouse. After reading the past reviews, I deceided to stay elsewhere.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2005

We researched quite a few hotels before deciding in this one. We had stayed at the Marriott on Marco Island last year and loved it except for the cramped room. (We had 3 kids w/ us) At the Naples we had a suite w/ a separate room for the kids! They also gave us 2 breakfast buffets in the deal. The rooms (Watkins Bldg) were nothing upscale and bathrooms small but adequate. Not much in the way for kids. The management was a little disappointing in the way they handled a mishap. Overall though for what we got (beach, suite and price) It was good value. Wouldn't advise going in Dec. Too cold

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Charles Town, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2004

My fiancee and I were in town for a wedding and the guests were all staying at the Naples Beach Club Hotel. We checked into the hotel and proceeded to the room which was dank dark and smelled of mildew. At the time we complained to the bell hop who carried the luggage and he told us they would look into moving us. We had to rush to the wedding so I didn't have time to go back to the front desk, (across the street!) and complain but thought we would suck it up if neccesary. We return back to the room later that night only to find no hot water whatsoever. The room had no heat and even though it was only 50 or so outside this room was frigid! The front desk said all the climate systems were set to cool and there was nothing they could do about it. We shivered through the night only to find no hot water in the morning either!! Cold showers after sleeping in a freezing room with cold tiling on the floor. The bathroom was tiny, the door frame was rotting out and exposed wood was being flaked off onto the floor.

We called again about the water and the front desk said they would have someone in engineering take a look. I talked with a couple in a romm 2 down from ours and they had no hot water either for the last day or so and said the hotel had done nothing.

I went to check out and demand some sort of compensation form the manager. I was paying a reduced rate b/c of the wedding party but it was still $155 a night which in my opinion is a crime for the level of service and accomadations given to us. I told the manager the problems and what happend etc.... complained that the price was a crime based on what we had gone through. He offered 50% off and I said that was a start. He couldn't do anything else but said another manager who comes in Monday (this was Sunday) had the authority to comp us the full price of the room and would call me Monday. I recieved no call from the "manager" and Wed of the same week I called them and said that person wasn't around but would get back to me. They then charged the full room rate to my CC and will not refund a cent. I still have yet to speak to the "manager" after 4 calls and at this point I am giving up. Naples Beach Club got me once, they won't get me again.

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!