“Not such a good experience, and golf course is in bad shape”

The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #22 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Vancouver, Canada
“Not such a good experience, and golf course is in bad shape”
Reviewed 15 December 2010

The hotel itself is quite clean, the location is great, right beside the beach. The beach is very beautiful and the the beach side cafe is quite nice despite the food being below average.

There was a gas outage during the few nights we stayed over, so there's no hot water. Almost all the other hotels in Naples area offered discounts to their guests, this one didn't. They didn't even bother to mention any kind of compensation, charging full rate for the duration of our stay. The manager refuse to talk about any sort of discount and keep on saying the hotel was fully booked and hence no discount. Luckily it wasn't too cold during that time and we manage to stay through with 3 nights of cold shower.

The golf course is in horrible shape. The fairways look unattended, the greens are not smooth and looked patchy. The staff at pro shop are not that friendly either. To be honest, I have seen public course with half of its green fees in much better conditions.

The experience with this "resort" is not something I would dwell on, definitely not worth the price.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank michsyw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 December 2010

My husband and I just got back from the Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club and we loved it! I had done my research and picked this resort and am so glad that I did. Everything was great. The two new pools were fantastic and the new bathrooms were great too (I showered and got ready before the airport in them). We only ate at the pool bars (food was good but pricey, as is everything in Naples!). The grounds were beautiful and so close to the beach. We only went to the golf club once to use the fitness center, which was a plus. I loved the little Cafe inside the hotel lobby. It is close to downtown Naples and shopping areas. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lrae2410joey
Oxford MA
Reviewed 28 November 2010

My husband & I just spent the most wonderful week at NBH. The 5th time at this hotel. The renovated rooms are so comfortable. Our room was in the Watkins building ocean front on the seventh floor.....What a great view!!! the sunsets are just breathtaking. All of the staff always had a smile on there face....The Sunset beach bar staff could not help enough, Rob, Doug, Kelly, Lisa, Lou, Robin ..... hope I didn't miss anyone if I did I am sorry...The food (Thanksgiving Dinner with all the fixings) at HB was delicious as was the breakfast buffet.... I do hope the old pool will stay for the guest that don't like the idea of change..... WE'LL BE BACK....Dolphins playing in the surf almost every day, great shells on the beach...

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
minneapolis
Reviewed 24 November 2010

We stayed in the "penthouse wing", ground level, facing the ocean. We were able to walk out our patio door right to the beach. That kind of convenience can't be overrated. We didn't have to figure out how to schlep everything to the beach at once. We just brought what we needed and came back to the room if we wanted something different. The ground level does not have a sliding door with a screen, presumably for security reasons. The door is either open or closed, so you can't be in your room listening to the ocean (unless you prop the door open). The upper floors have sliding doors.

The room is very nice and clean. My favorite part of the room is the housekeeping. They sneak in our room when we are gone to clean everything up and replace the towels. Then they sneak in again before bedtime to turn down the sheets and put chocolate on the pillows. You can see the room on the Naples Beach Hotel website. The pictures are true to reality. There is adequate space for two adults and a 6-year old in the king room with the pull-out twin sized sofa. The room is not brand new, but it was built with quality and doesn't show much wear.

One pool is new, and the two pool bars have slightly different menus to provide a little variety if you eat lunch every day there. We did because is was so convenient, and we did not feel like leaving the pool or the beach.

The service is great. I called the tennis courts in advance of our visit and asked them to arrange some tennis for me. They were able to arrange tennis for me every day. They called a day in advance to confirm. Also, our patio door key was not working when we checked in. I informed the desk, and within minutes maintenance was in our room changing the battery in the electronic key slide. We haven't had a problem since.

The bed is reasonably comfortable. It is a regular mattress, rather than a Termpur-pedic or Sleep Number. But as far as spring mattresses go, this one is a nice balance between firm and soft. They also have 6 sleeping pillows on the bed, so it is easy to find a comfortable pillow.

We'll be back!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank tnsisfun
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 12 nights from November 5 - 17. We could not fault it. The view from the room out across the sandy beach to the Gulf of Mxico was great. The two new pools, new bar and surrounding area have greatly added to the hotel. Staff were excellent, they interacted well and really did everything they could to make an enjoyable holiday.

We recommend an early morning walk along the miles of sandy beach to witness sunrise whilst observing a selection of birds, pelicans fish and dolphins.

The Naples area was just wonderful with fantastic shops, restaurants and other attractions. We will be going again next year

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
London, England
Reviewed 6 October 2010

My husband and I had done a fly drive staying in Orlando, St Augustine, Miami, Naples and ending in Clearwater.......We had 3 glourious days in this hotel.....Our room overlooked the small pool, with a view of the beach also..........It was lovely to look out of the window and see the ocean.....lovely blue sky and glorious sunshine..........We were so very pleased with our accomodation which was clean and comfortable, and the colour scheme was very relaxing...........the housekeeper was very polite. We have no complaints about this hotel whatsoever.......I can't understand some of the peoples reviews that I have read about this resort.........Obviously with some of their attitudes, I can understand if the staff seemed unfriendly...........We didn't have that problem, so assume our attitudes contributed to our most pleasant stay at this resort......We are seriously considering coming again next year, but for 14 days.........We can think we've gone to heaven, all over again!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2010

My husband and I just stayed at the Naples Beach Hotel for four nights. My husband found the special they were running in the newspaper. The special is good October-December 2010. We stayed four nights and paid for only three! It was a bargain! This place is great! The staff, the rooms, location and NEW pool area- awesome!!!! The staff is so attentive and extremely nice!!! The beach bar is great!! Doug the bartender went out of his way to make me my favorite cocktail - Bloody Mary! It was delicious!! Sunday night they have a pool party with a great band. The beach bar has the best sunset in Naples!!
We did venture off the resort to have dinner on our last night to the Bayside Seafood Grill at Venetian Village. Our dinner was excellent. Oh - and so are the wings at the Naples Beach Hotel Beach Bar. I have been to Naples many times. We will only stay at the best going forward- The Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple