“Canned Pineapple?”
Review of Inn at Pelican Bay

Inn at Pelican Bay
Ranked #4 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I don't know about those other reviews for this hotel. First of all, the front desk staff very discourteous. They didn't even greet me - I had to say first. Then they got on the phone while they were attending to me. I had a hassle checking in and checking out. Checking in and checking out front desk agents had an attitude. Second, room (#207) had black splotches right beside the bed. Third, breakfast had a fruit salad that had canned pineapples and looked like it was at least 2 days old because the staff was emptying the juice from the salad. A fresh salad does not have tons of juice oozing! The donuts looked at least 1 day old as the glaze was all melted off. The coffee was not good. Don't know - Publix is just across the street. The beach is not walking distance as advertised on their website. The shuttle only runs 4 times a day. I can't say anything good about my stay. And to top it off it was for my 25th wedding anniversary. So disgusted!

Room Tip: Definitely don't stay in room #207
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank the5wongs
There are newer reviews for Inn at Pelican Bay

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Everything was within a ten minute drive. The beach was about a mile away. You could either drive or catch a ride with hotel transportation. We had a wonderful view from our hotel room (poolside). The hotel was clean and cozy. Breakfast and tea were provided. I recommend it and would love to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Zena53520
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Welcoming lobby with an efficient, helpful concierge. We booked a deluxe lakeside room. The en-suite was large, clean with ample towels/toiletries. Our bed was immaculately presented. Having a sofa & coffee table was welcomed as due to a rainstorm we could not sit out on the balcony overlooking the lake & fountain. The room featured a refrigerator & a microwave. We found the AC noise a little intrusive whilst sleeping (ear plugs would come in handy, but a minor niggle). Our reservation included one complimentary drink (the Merlot was good) and a continental breakfast. The breakfast choice was more than adequate. Cooking our own waffles was a novelty for us Brits (not something you get in the UK). Overall we enjoyed our one night stay and would certainly use this hotel when next we visit Naples.

Room Tip: Choose a lakeside room. The hotel is a few yards back from Highway 41 (Tamiami Trail) and road traf...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Myself and 7 of my girlfriends just returned from a great stay at this Hotel. We were there to enjoy their Summer Get Away package and it was even better than we expected. The hotel was great and in a perfect location, everything in the package could not have been better. We have not stopped talking about what a great time we had and are planning on making this a annual trip. We can't wait to go back. Thanks Inn at Pelican Bay!

Room Tip: We had rooms on lake, great view!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2012

The PROS of this boutique hotel are the price and centraized location to shops. The hotel only charges a $10 resort fee daily, which also includes a hot breakfast, similar to the Hampton Inns as well as one free well drink per guest, which can only be used Tues-Sat). The grounds and building seem to be well maintained and the rooms that face the small lake have a balcony and a nice, serene view.

HOWEVER, the CONS of the hotel (and most serious health consideration) are cleanliness. Patio cushions near pool are very stained. Room towels are old and dingy. Beds have white bed spreads, which are stained and the sheets upon check-in appeared to be extremely wrinkled as if they had not been changed from the prior guest. NOTE: according to hotel management, sheets are only changed every other day! By day #2, bed sheets had still not been changed. Additionally, by that time, there was a huge coffee spill in the center of the sheet, which the cleaning staff simply ignored, pulling the bed spread over it. Even after contacting management and requesting clean sheets, cleaning stafff had to be redirected back into the room to change sheets on both beds.

NOTE to travel agents and travelers: There are glitches with the hotel's packaged deals that combine food/hotel rates to Flemmings Restaurant which include $100 gift card, two glasses of wine. Even though management at Flemmings honored this package, arrangements between the hotel and Flemmings had not been formally pre-arranged and communicated prior to the hotel's advertisement on the website.

Room Tip: I would not recommend a stay at this hotel until health concerns are addressed and communication bet...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank sandidan22
stephendorcy, Manager at Inn at Pelican Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Good morning,

I was just forwarded your Trip Advisor comments and was very disappointed to read that you where not at all satisfied with your stay at the Inn at Pelican Bay. We pride ourselves on making sure that every guest has an enjoyable and memorable stay, and I apologize that we fell well short of that for you during this last stay.

We are addressing the cushions at the pool and they are to be replaced shortly with a fabric that is easier to maintain. Regarding the room linens there is no excuse that your linen was not to your satisfaction and I am reviewing your comments with our staff this morning.

Should your travels bring you back to Naples, I wish you would contact me directly so I can handle your reservations and make sure everything is taken care of to your satisfaction.

Again I do apologize.

Steve Dorcy

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Well located alongside Highway 41, the Tamiami Trail, in northern Naples the Inn at Pelican Bay is a superb hotel that is impressive from the moment you see it until the moment you leave. It looks great from the street, gets better in the tree lined car park, and goes on improving until you enter the superb bedrooms, which certainly don't disappoint. We elected to upgrade to the king sized rooms with a private balcony overlooking the small lake on the west side of the building. The reception staff could not have been nicer, friendlier, or more efficient. They certainly made us feel welcome, offering tips or help in any way we might need it. Our room was superb. As good as anywhere we have stayed around the world. The sun was dipping towards the horizon as we got out onto the balcony giving us a beautiful sunset view over the lake and the trees behind it.

Room Tip: We were in room 408, but 410 will be the same. handy for the silent lift and as there is a hallway w...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank SeatonIan
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The Inn at Pelican Bay was an excellent experience for me and my family. The pool is clean, warm and the perfect size for children (I had a 5-year-old with me). The staff was friendly and helpful, the continental breakfast (I am usually very skeptical of these) was really good - though I did tire of the waffle bar by the third day :-)

Rooms are large, beds are comfortable. We had a great view from our somewhat undersized balcony. Being a mile from the beach, it is about the perfect location. I would highly recommend to anyone traveling to Naples with children and family.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family