“perfect location”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Naples Downtown
Ranked #35 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Great choice for the $$$$. Very clean, comfortable rooms. perfectly located. Easy access to downtown Naples and more restaurants than you can manage. The included "full" breakfast was a disappointment, as there was no hot items.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 February 2011

This hotel was fine, but not as close to downtown as it would appear on a map. Also, the hotel was pretty noisy. Otherwise a good value.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Stayed there for two nights on Jan. 25 and 26 in Room 103 (I share this so management reading this can make some corrections). Tried to make a reservation by phone on Jan. 24 in the early afternoon and I was put on hold several times and then the women said she needed to call me back in 5-10 minutes. I was boarding a plane in 30 minutes, but never received her call during this time. I did eventually get a VM from her stating she called back. Apparently, the policy is everything is dropped for those guests at the front desk.

The room was recently upgraded and overall was very nice. However, the bathroom door was in terrible shape, peeling veneer from the bottom and obviously salvaged from another room or hotel, you could easily tell this by an area where a former door hinge resided. Furthermore, there was hair on the bathroom floor and tub, dark and long, not mine! The tub drain didn't work well and easily filled up so you could stand in the shower water. The other part of the room was acceptable.

One strange event was that I received a courtesy call my first night at 9:30pm. I thought this was ridiculously late to be calling especially as I checked in around late afternoon. They had a handful of US Today's and they quickly went before I could get one. There were two barking dogs from rooms down the hall during one afternoon. Thank goodness they didn't bark at night.

Overall, a great value for those on a budget and not planning on spending much time there.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2011

Husband and I stayed here for NY's Eve so we wouldn't have to drive home that night. The manager was very friendly and helpful and checked us in an hour before check-in time. Our room was clean and large with comfortable beds. The greatest part is it is close to downtown (walking distance if you're a good walker) but at a much better rate than comparable hotels/motels nearby. There was a free breakfast offered but we did not check it out.

The *only* complaint is that the doors seem to have a larger space underneath, resulting in being able to hear just about everything going on in the hallway. Made it difficult to sleep in the morning.

The pool was heated and very warm when we went by, though we did not swim. We also saw a couple of small dogs, so I'm guessing this is a pet-friendly hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2010

My son i travelled recently to Naples for eight days.We stayed at La Quinna 1555 5th ave.
The staff were very helpful since we are not fm this area they helped us a lot.
The room was clean the breakfast excellent every thing was perfect.
Richard,Heather and Bob made us feel welcomed to Naples even the house keeping staff were very helpful.I recommend this hotel to our friends.
When we left i was crying we missed every one at the hotel and i will never forget the kindness of them all.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Though the web site listed, and I selected and reserved an "accessible w/2 double beds" room, when we arrived and opened the door to our room, there was only a king bed. Front desk informed me the hotel did not have a room of the type I reserved even though I showed her my printed reservation. I believe that this error was a CORPORATE one and the hotel in Naples had no clue. Otherwise, I would recommend this hotel for convenience to Alligator Alley attractions or as a stopover on the way to Miami or Key West. Lots of eating places nearby and a quick-bite breakfast is available free at the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2010

I called and inquired if a rate, that was posted on THEIR website, would be available for a walkin rate that night and was told yes by the day shift. Upon arrival the night shift, Heather, refused to honor the rate, which was on $4 off per night and I was getting two rooms for one night. Heather was very short with me and rude. We decided to stay anyway as we liked the location, at that point the money wasn't even the issue. When I went to check out the next morning I explained to the day manager what happened and why I was not going to rate them a 10. After listening to her explanation of hotel policy, she offered to take off the $8, IF I would rate them a 10 and not complain! I was insulted that I would be treated like a toddler and rewarded for good behavior. The while point was that the FIRST IMPRESSION is the most important. It was the priciple of the matter. I did not ask for a cheaper rate at checkout, I should have recieved it at checkin. I would not recommend this hotel only because the staff is not trained in good customer service.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family