“Annual Visit To Residence Inn - 18 Night Stay”

Residence Inn Naples
Ranked #23 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“Annual Visit To Residence Inn - 18 Night Stay”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

As a family holiday location we have found the Residence Inn Naples has always helped to make our annual visit to S W Florida most enjoyable. We have been visiting Naples for some 23 years from the UK and during that time stayed at various hotels/condos.so feel we know the area fairly well. The location is excellent ( about 5 min drive to the nearest beach and the same to one of the best premium shopping locations and restaurants you could wish for at Waterside) The Coastland shopping mall is an 8 min drive away which is on a much bigger scale.
With regards to the hotel I would say the staff are the biggest asset as they are extremly friendly and most helpful. The beds are very comfortable and the suites spacious. Having visited on a number of occasions we have used each type of room ie Studio,1 Bedroom suite and 2 Bedroom suite and all are very well furnished and equipped with a full kitchen. Should you find anything short in the kitchen you only need to mention it to the front desk and it is sorted. The houskeeping staff are very efficient and leave your suite in a pristine condition for when you return
On three nights(weekdays for 2hrs) complimentary food and drinks are offered in the Gatehouse which is a nice touch. The complimentrary buffet breakfast on offer each morning is extensive and includes hot dishes and make your own waffles.
There is also a self service laundry charging $1 for use of the washer and $1 for the use of dryers which is very handy when you are staying for more than a few days
For the more active guest there is the swimming pool and basketball / paddle tennis court as well as a fitness room.
All in all a great place to stay. Well done again Residence Inn Naples

Room Tip: There are 3 accomodation blocks which surround the pool area.The inside suites all look out over the...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
RSWNA, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Naples, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thank you very, very much for your long standing loyalty, and also for sharing your most recent, wonderful experience at Residence Inn Naples. Your kind comments about our staff will be shared with the entire team. As you wrote, there are many, many great reasons to stay here. We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to your return visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

This hotel provides acceptable accomodations, but not much else. The rooms are clean. The bathrooms are clean. The beds are comfortable. I have been here on numerous occasions over the past few years. I keep returning when I cannot find a room that meets my business travel criteria at one of the hotels that favor in Naples. Parking can be an issue, especially if you come in later in the evening.

I know that security is an issue with many hotels. I just have to question the policy of locking the front door to the lobby and requiring key card for access during breakfast hours...and putting a sign up stating that fact! Guys, this is Naples, Florida... A supposedly upscale hotel in an upscale city usually does not act this way.

All that being said, I know that I will end up returning to this hotel...just know that it will not be my first, second, or third choice.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
RSWNA, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Naples, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Thanks for taking time to share your opinion. Glad to read that overall, you find our hotel acceptable. A full service hotel will be better equipped to meet all of your business travel criteria, even if it means driving a few more miles to find one with available rooms. We lock the front door during breakfast in order to prevent unregistered guests from taking "free samples", but your key card will unlock the door. Even when Residence Inn Naples is your last choice, you will still be treated as if we were your first choice. Thank you.
Miami
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Recently spent a weekend at the Residence Inn Naples with the family and had a very nice time. This hotel is conveniently located at US-41 Tamiami Trail and just one mile away from the beach. There are plenty of supermarkets, restaurants and shops nearby. The Coastland Center is a shopping mall, just 5 minutes away, where you can find everything from Macys to The Cheesecake Factory.

The hotel offers an unscheduled shuttle bus service to the beach. In other words, you tell them when to take you and when to pick you up, and they will. Very nice! And my favorite: beach chairs, umbrellas and towels are also available to take with you to the beach, I was impressed. Very convenient! Limited supply of course.

We found the staff to be very courteous and accommodating. We asked for the beach loaners, got it, asked for ice for our beach cooler, got it, you get the idea. The rooms are bigger than the regular hotel room. My room was clean and had a fully equipped kitchen with a connecting room with a queen size bed and the bathroom. Both rooms are separated with a door for privacy, very nice!

The hotel landscape grounds are attractive. The pool, Jacuzzi and basketball court areas are inside the hotel courtyard making it accessible to all hotel rooms. As most of the Marriott Residence Inns, breakfast is included with your room. They do a decent job with breakfast. They serve continental breakfast as well as hot items, including waffle irons, where you can prepare your own blueberry-strawberry walnut waffles. Breakfast included…, very convenient!

While we were there, the hotel was holding different events such as complementary BBQ on Wednesdays, a complementary movie with popcorn and sodas at their meeting lounge on Saturdays, as well as other free events throughout the week, very nice and convenient for traveling families on vacation!

In all, my family and I had a fun and relaxing time at this hotel. I have to say that, this hotel should undergo remodeling soon as some of the room furnishings are beginning to look tired and outdated. However, to the date of this review (August 2012), I still consider furnishings to be ok and should not be an issue when deciding to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MMJeJona
RSWNA, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Naples, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Thank you for sharing your great experience on TripAdvisor. We are very proud of our staff, and I am happy to know they accomodated all of your needs. We know you have several choices when it comes to Naples accommodations. We are in a continual process of maintaining and updating our hotel, and plan to do some remodeling in the near future. Thanks again!
Ft Lauderdale Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We chose this hotel for a small family reunion and found it a perfect spot. Convniently located on Tamiami Trail, close to shopping and dining. The service was exceptional and the staff very friendly. The only reason I did not give it five stars is because the room had a few issues, the ceiling had been repaired but they did not do a great job. The other part of the room was excellent, the room was spacious, well decorated and clean. I would recommend this hotel for anyone. The breakfast was great, plentiful and free.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DonnaJohnChelemBeach
We hope your family reunion was excellent. Thank you for staying with us, and for taking time to review Residence Inn Naples. I will pass your kind comments along to our staff, and also report the ceiling issue to our maintenance dept, which we apologize for, and will correct at once. Please visit us again!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The hotel was in a good location since I was there on business. If I were there on vacation I would rather stay closer to the beach or downtown. There are tons of resturants close. I stay at Residence Inn's all the time, but I think this is the first one I stayed in that didn't have an oven. There was a stove top and microwave, but I only eat baked foods so it was not good for me. The breakfast was excellent and it was pretty quite at night. Overall, it is a good location if you are on business travel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Erin N
RSWNA, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Naples, responded to this review, 29 July 2012
We really appreciate your feedback, thank you! Residence Inn Naples is centrally located about 3 miles from downtown, and less than 1 mile from the beach. Certain suites have ovens, and we can usually accomodate one upon request. We hope to see you again during your next business trip or vacation! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My husband and I and our two young kids stayed at this Residence Inn in Naples for the past week, and we had a wonderful experience! Even though it isn't within walking distance from the beach, it is located in a perfect central spot in Naples. It's on the main road that we used to get just about everywhere while we were there, and it's within 5-10 minutes of many different great beach options (which was the main activity we did each day - and we were able to check out beach chairs and a beach umbrella for free from the hotel). The courtyard in the middle of the property is beautiful and has a resort feel to it - pool, hot tub, tables, basketball court. Our one-bedroom suite worked beautifully for our family - we had a really nice kitchen area (full-size fridge, stovetop, microwave, dishwasher, cabinets with dishes and glasses, silverware, small dining table) and we also had a sofa bed in the family room (that wasn't nearly as comfortable as the actual bed, but that's usually how it goes with sofa beds). While we enjoyed all aspects of our stay at this Residence Inn, our favorite part by far was the food. The hot breakfast every day was very good and filling (though my husband and kids had wished they served bacon one day in addition to the sausage!), and we were pleased to discover that on two of the evenings we were there, the hotel also served a light dinner (meatball sandwiches one night and a baked potato/nacho bar the other night). Having all of this great food included in our stay really helped us stay on top of our tight trip budget, which we appreciated. Also, the staff at the front desk, serving the food and cleaning our room were all very friendly and pleasant the whole time we were there. We can't imagine staying anywhere other than at a Residence Inn from now on, and, if we're in Naples again, we'll definitely stay at this particular Residence Inn again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank beachbeez
Thank you very, very much for sharing your wonderful experience at Residence Inn Naples. As you wrote, there are many, many great reasons to stay here. We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to your return visit.
Montclair, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I started staying at the Residence Inn Naples approx. 5 years ago. I would come dowm to Florida, from NJ, to visit my mom in Melbourne for a week in the winter and a week in the summer. She and I would go to visit with my brother and his family in Lehigh Acres for a pleasant afternoon & evening. I used to book us a 2-bedroom suite at the Residence Inn in Ft. Myers.....until it became so run down that we couldn't tolerate it anymore. Then I tried this one in Naples and it was a big uplift, considering what we left.

Generally, I've found the rooms to be clean -- although on more than one occasion there were damaged lampshades, shoulder-high dirt marks on door lintels and bathroom doors. The air conditioner (as others have said) was noisy.

On one occasion, having booked a 2-bedroom suite for mom and myself, we arrived to find that our suite had been 'given away' to the previous tenant who chose to "stay an extra few days". This would not have been much of a problem most times, but my mom was a nervous traveler and she wanted us to stay together in the same suite (she was 92 yrs. old). All the other 2-bedroom suits were taken, so they offered us 2 across-the-hall-from-each-other single bedroom suites instead. This WAS NOT a sign of good mangement........giving away the accommodations of a booked reservation. The manager should have moved the previous tenants into 2 suites instead.

The summer rates are reasonable, but the winter rates for those same rooms are sky-high......especially around Christmas time.

Now for the good points! Although there have been incidents where garbage trucks have come in early in the wee hours of the morning to pick up the dumpsters.......that happens in every hotel. I dare say, we'd complain a lot more if the garbage started to seriously smell because it had been left out in the hot sun all day to bake and decay!

The breakfast served at this Residence Inn is similar -- if not identical -- to breakfasts I've enjoyed at all the Residence Inns at which I've stayed: It was terrific! Never a shortage of plates, silverwear, or foodstuffs. The people who were responsible for replenishing the supplies have always been "Johnny-on-th-spot!" and graciously friendly and helpful. The food, as always, was delicious and well-prepared.

The managerial personnel at the front desk have always been helpful, courteous, and downright friendly whenever I've had to interact with them.

The housekeeping staff try their best, but they don't leave every room in pristine cleanliness all the time. Sometimes you do see a smudge here or there, or possibly a hair or two on the shower wall (yuk!). But this is just a quality control issue that needs to be addressed by management -- perhaps a personal inspection by the manager of each room once it's been prepped, before putting it up for availability -- would solve that problem. I found the rooms to be nicely painted and decorated, and fresh sheets on the beds, and very clean and orderly bathrooms. When I go to a motel, if these things are met, then that's 90% of the grade as far as I'm concerned.

Regarding the groundskeeping.......it's nothing short of SPECTACULAR! Walking along the pathways between buildings is like walking through a tropical paradise!

All-in-all, I will still continue to patronize the Residence Inn Naples until such time as it's quality starts to decay........at which point my feet will find other places to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back, near the dumpsters, are generally quiet and peaceful. This is where their 2-bedr...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank John D
, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Naples, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel. We also very much appreciate your long standing history, and loyalty. We are very happy to read that overall you have had mainly good and positive experiences, and we apologize for not having your 2 bedroom suite available the day you arrived. Please understand that some guests are forced to extend their stay due to cancelled flights, sick relatives, or delayed real estate closings. We have no control over this, but always make our best effort to accomodate by offering the best available solution with whatever options are available at the time. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience, and promise to make every effort to prevent the same thing from happening again. Kind regards from Residence Inn Naples.