“Nice property, walking distance to shops, beach, restaurants”

Residence Inn Naples
Ranked #26 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice property, walking distance to shops, beach, restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2009

I stay at a lot of Mariott properties and I must say this is one of the nicer Residence Inns. Rooms are spacious, clean, and you can't hear your neighbors which is a nice change of pace for marriott properties. (Marriotts especially RI and Springhills tend to be cheaply built and no sound proofing of any kind). Managers reciption Monday through Wednesday which includes beer and wine.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
West Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2009

We stayed at the Residence Inn for two weeks. I admit it is a hotel made more for short stays. Or (like us) for those who go on holiday to see the sights. Not great for holiday makers who like rolling out bed, falling into the swim suit and landing with a pina colada in hand at the swim up pool bar. (Not that there is anything wrong with that.) lol

If you are looking for a reasonable priced hotel in order to experience the wonder of the Everglades, The Beaches, The Natural History, & not forgetting Naples itself? You wouldn't be disappointed staying at the Marriott Residence Inn Naples.

GREAT BECAUSE - * Clean * Friendly/Helpful staff * Compact grounds with quaint pool and jacuzzi* Spacious Rooms * Self Catering facilites BRILLIANT * Supermarket/Bank and Eateries within 5 mins walking distance. *Great breakfast *Quick, free easy internet access. *Choice of pay per view films GREAT value for money in your room.

NOT SO GREAT - *Noisey air conditioning if used in the room is the only thing I can think of. *OOOOoooo if you don't have a car, be prepared to walk, walk, walk, wipe sweat from your forehead, walk walk and walk some more. 45mins later THE BEACH! ha ha ha Luckily we LOVE our walking. HONEST lol

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2009

We have stayed at this hotel a few times and it is a great deal. From the Marriott website if you stay a minimum 5 nights in Oct you can have a 1 BR suite for $76/night. Every room has a full kitchen with an icemaker fridge. With the great deluxe breakfast and the 3 nights of managers reception with food, beer & wine, you can't beat this deal. I do have to agree with the others regarding the noisy a/c units. They could certainly be a lot quieter.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank onehappyretiree
Berkshire England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2009

This hotel offers good value for money and is particularly ideal for long stayers. I stayed here for one month and the suites are very spacious and clean. Free WiFi in the room.
bahtroom, separate bedroom, lounge with kitchen area and spacious dining table plus writing desk. There is a laundrette which comes in handy for long stayers. Although I did not make a lot of use of it, there were about 3 free barbeques a week inclusive drinks. The breakfast got a bit boring after a while and towards the end of my month stay I actually bought cold meat and cheese from the local supermarket to get some more variety for breakfast. Perhaps my European tastebuds are not completely accustomed to an American breakfast.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank LeoBerkshireEngland
CANADA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2009

We stayed for three nights and were very pleased.The facility is clean and well maintained with ample parking.You cant beat the price.Will stay here again....

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Orange Park, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2009

Everything was great. The rooms were clean and spacious (we had a 2 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms). The kitchens were fully equipped but the cabinets could use some updating, but no big deal there. Overall this was a great hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2009

This must be one of the oldest Residence Inn hotels around - it certainly looks like it. We arrived here from the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral, and were pretty shocked at the difference in standard. The next morning, there was a strong smell of smoke in our bathroom, and the corridor smelled like a smoking hotel. In combination with the AC noise (see below), we would have checked out right there and then if it wasn't for the fact that we had prepaid for a week. As it was, I called to the front desk to complain, and they assured me they'd look into it. When the problem continued for the next two days, I called again, and got the same response, but this time I added that I'd be calling Marriott if the problem continued. That got a reaction - they offered to move me to another room. When I pointed out that we had a lot of stuff unpacked and didn't want to move it all, they offered to move it all for me, which I thought was impressive. In the end I agreed to wait another day, and the next morning the bathroom didn't smell like smoke, and the corridor was a bit better. Maybe they need to install better smoke alarms?

Someone else here compared the sound of the air conditioner to a 747 at takeoff, and that's about right - I've never heard so much noise from an AC unit - I got no sleep at all the first night. However this was only a problem in one of our 2 bedrooms, so we solved this by swapping bedrooms with the kids, who didn't seem to mind at all. The windows don't block sound well at all, so there's a fair bit of noise from the road, too, depending on where your room is located in the hotel, but this wasn't a huge problem.

The pool area is pretty basic, but the kids loved it.

Now onto the good stuff. The gym at this hotel is the best I have ever been to at a Residence Inn, and I've been to plenty of them. There's a huge LCD TV with remote control, great AC, and plenty of machines. So if you use the hotel gym a lot when you travel, this is the hotel for you. The breakfast was pretty good by Residence Inn standards - plenty of room, not ridiculously crowded. As noted above, the staff were friendly and proactive - they even sent me an email after I checked out asking if everything was OK. The in-room internet was lightning fast and 100% reliable, which was a huge relief, after the problems I had at the last hotel.

The area is excellent - you have the beach nearby (there's a free shuttle if you don't have a car with you), and the restaurants and shopping are very hard to beat. There are good choices nearby, and if you are willing to drive 10 miles or so, you have a veritable Manhattan of choices - a huge selection of really fantastic restaurants at reasonable prices.

Overall, after a week, this hotel (and Naples) won me over, and I would seriously consider coming back here again, if the hotel offered a rate as good as the one I had this time.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family