We had booked a 2 bedroom suite for 2 adults & 3 teenage children. We arrived early and the staff were very helpful keeping our luggage etc safe so we could explore Naples.
We have stayed in the Residence Inn on Universal Blvd Orlando at least 5 times and expected this Residence Inn to be the same standard. However, the room allocated to us was very shabby and needed a good cleaning - the tables, dishes all needed to be washed down (which we did) as they was spilled coffee/tea and foot marks on both tables, hamburger papers stuffed down the side sofa bed, which was also covered in stains. .Also the wall paper had started to fall off in the bathroom and the floor of the main living area was very wet giving off a musty smell.
Worse was yet to come when we went ot make up the sofa bed ....the matress was no less than disgusting ....covered in stains and when we turned it over it was even more stained and smelly, in addition the sheets for the sofa bed were also dirty and smelly and had not been changed recently.
We reported this to reception and were told we had to stay in this room as we had booked through Expedia and not directly with the Residence Inn even though they knew it was not up to standard.
I spoke to another member of satff an hour or so later and he was vey helpful and immediately arranged fo us to have two one bed suites, these were fine albeit the cooking rings did not work correctly and one room did have a musty smell (but an air freshener helped solve this). These rooms were of a much better standard and were clean. I am sorry to say we do not think we would ever go back to this Residence Inn. Over all the majority of staff were very helpful and friendly, the location was also pretty central.
The Managers BBQ was good and so was the breakfasts
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is our #1 goal at The Residence Inn in Naples, Florida to always exceed our guests expectations. To meet that goal, we've recently renovated all of our guest rooms and suites as well as our lobby, lounge, breakfast area, market place, hallways and we have even purchased a new shuttle to provide our guests with complimentary transportation to and from Naples Beach. We've also added an outdoor fire pit. Our friendly hotel staff is eager to welcome you to our newly renovated hotel. We offer studio, one bedroom or two bedroom suites many with pool and garden views. All rooms have kitchens, dining/work space, sleeper sofa, flat screen TV, and complimentary high-speed Internet. Our hotel also boasts an outdoor heated pool/whirlpool, sports court and 24/7 fitness center. Treat yourself to our complimentary full hot breakfast and Monday- Wednesday evening reception offering a light meal with beer and wine. We are conveniently located near area attractions including, Clam Pass Beach Park, shopping and dining in downtown Naples, Mercato, Venetian Bay, and Waterside Shops. The nearby North Collier Regional Park has soccer and softball fields for visiting teams and a popular area waterpark. The newly renovated Residence Inn Naples provides the location, amenities and services to make your business trip or vacation complete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Residence Inn Naples reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Naples Hotel Naples
- Naples Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Naples Florida