My husband and I stayed in a one-bedroom suite at the Residence Inn in Naples during most of January 2011 and the first week of February. While we enjoyed our stay because of the hotel amenities and location, as well as the size of the room, I was disappointed in the quality of the room. The hotel is a franchised property, and the rooms are in serious need of upgrading. One guest mentioned to me that because so many of the guests have their dogs with them the hotel does not want to put a lot of money into upgrades. The kitchen counters and cabinets were old, and the cabinet beneath the kitchen sink was seriously warped. Our unit had only a 2-burner stove and no oven or toaster oven (but it did have an old-fashioned toaster and a microwave). I looked at several units, and none had stainless-steel appliances as in the picture on the hotel website. The furniture was outdated, and the bed was extremely soft. I requested a harder mattress but was told there were no others available. The bed linens, particularly the decorative covering at the foot of the bed and dust ruffle, appeared quite old. As for the bathroom, I had to call the hotel desk at the beginning of our stay to have the bath tub repaired because the non-skid liner previously inserted on the bottom had come loose on one end. Mold or grime had started collecting under it. On the positive side, the carpet throughout and the flooring in the kitchen were in good repair, the unit was quite roomy, and it was well cleaned every day. The hotel breakfast was excellent, and the hotel provided dinners three nights a week, including a good barbecue on one of them. The staff was also very helpful and friendly. The hotel, while not on the beach, was in a good location near shopping, including grocery stores, and was only a mile from the beach -- quite walkable in a nice residential neighborhood just behind the hotel. The hotel is a short drive north of the old downtown Naples area with its lovely shops and restaurants. There was ample free parking in town during the time we were there, and the drive (12-15 minutes) was no problem. Finally, the hotel had a lovely pool area, with plenty of lounge chairs, tables, umbrellas, and both sunny and shady areas. We had a decent rate for our long-term stay, and the hotel with its services and amenities appeared to be a reasonably good value, as compared to long-term apartment rentals in a comparable part of Naples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is our #1 goal at The Residence Inn in Naples, Florida to always exceed our guests expectations. To meet that goal, we've recently renovated all of our guest rooms and suites as well as our lobby, lounge, breakfast area, market place, hallways and we have even purchased a new shuttle to provide our guests with complimentary transportation to and from Naples Beach. We've also added an outdoor fire pit. Our friendly hotel staff is eager to welcome you to our newly renovated hotel. We offer studio, one bedroom or two bedroom suites many with pool and garden views. All rooms have kitchens, dining/work space, sleeper sofa, flat screen TV, and complimentary high-speed Internet. Our hotel also boasts an outdoor heated pool/whirlpool, sports court and 24/7 fitness center. Treat yourself to our complimentary full hot breakfast and Monday- Wednesday evening reception offering a light meal with beer and wine. We are conveniently located near area attractions including, Clam Pass Beach Park, shopping and dining in downtown Naples, Mercato, Venetian Bay, and Waterside Shops. The nearby North Collier Regional Park has soccer and softball fields for visiting teams and a popular area waterpark. The newly renovated Residence Inn Naples provides the location, amenities and services to make your business trip or vacation complete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Residence Inn Naples reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Naples Hotel Naples
- Naples Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Naples Florida