“Good way to see Naples”

Ranked #6 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Birmingham, Michigan
“Good way to see Naples”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Great location in the middle of old part of the city. So good for walking. Entirely sastisfied with the accomadations, easy parking, friendly staff. I read the one bad review and totally disagree as i did not experience any of the negatives reported. Only weaknesses - no fridge and my wife complained about the weak light on the vanity - new Obama light bulbs which need to warm up. Both complaints mentioned by others.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
Ottawa Ontario
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We spent 5 nights in early June at the Inn on Fifth. I could not have enjoyed it more. It is a beautiful older building decorated in a lush style with darker wood and warm colors. Our beds were comfortable and we slept very well. The bathroom includes a very large shower but no bath. I did find the light by the sink too dim for make up application and there was no other mirror. I enjoyed the bath products, the strong water pressure and the nice robes. Our room had a small balcony with 2 wicker chairs and a table outside. I enjoyed sitting out at the end of the day, watching people stroll down Fifth. The flat screen tv was nice and had lots of channels. Because it is right downtown, in the evening we could hear people, music and traffic. It was not bothersome but if you are looking for real quiet, this is not the hotel for you. I appreciated the many shops, cafes and restaurants right outside our door. The service was uniformly excellent. The staff were informative, pleasant and very quick to offer assistance. The pool is small but lovely. We enjoyed relaxing by the pool, reading, taking a dip, and just enjoying the sunshine. The beach is a short walk away and it is a gorgeous beach. We wanted 5 days to relax and unwind and this was the perfect spot to do it. We didn't bring a car and that posed no problems. We took a few taxis to go to the zoo and to the mall but otherwise, we walked and enjoyed every minute of it. Naples is a lovely city and I highly recommend this hotel. I also recommend Citrus restaurant right down the street. During the week, they offer a 3 course meal for 2, with a bottle of wine for just $40. The fish was excellent and the service was exceptional.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank CapitalMom
Weston, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We stayed for Memorial day weekend and had a GREAT time. The hotel allowed us to check in 4 or 5 hours early and allowed us to checkout 1 hour later the following day, this is normally unheard of. The pool was fantastic and the room was clean and very comfortable. We were sad to go. The parking was simple with a parking garage behind the building that gives direct access to hotel and free valet is available, but not necessary. Our only complaint was the noise from the children running and jumping into the pool and Jacuzzi. This interfered with the ability to relax poolside and mosquitos were killer! Overall, we had a great time and will be returning as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Get a pool view or terrace room.
Miami
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Went to the Inn on Fifth for Memorial Day Weekend. Got a great deal from their website, and enjoyed every part of the trip. Conveniently located to the shops and plenty of restaurants, and about 6 blocks away from the beach. You literally take less than 2 minutes going from your room to the lot, or the restaurant area. Free parking and internet always a plus. Quick helpful service, very clean room, quiet, and nice time all around. Another major plus, a very comfortable bed. I enjoy soft beds, but this one was the perfect firm fit.
If I had to nitpick, their shower only produced hot water. Cold water usually is helpful after a long day at the beach, so kind of odd that this inn has the opposite problem of other hotels. Also, the spa is very overpriced. Nothing below $160; I know a lot of hotel spas go in that range, but that doesn't make it right.

Alcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2011

Hotel in middle of fifth street can walk to many resturants and the beach. Livley night life on fith street.No fridge in room.

1 Thank john M
Norfolk
Reviewed 14 May 2011

I booked Inn on the Fifth after a lengthy process of researching many hotels on the gulf coast. I had originally found the hotel; loved the look of it but found it too costly. After some research on many sites, I did find the hotel for £99 a night which I thought was a great deal! The hotel is fab! It's on the main street, a fair walk from the beach (in one direction) and the riverfront area (in the other). The rooms are super, large and very luxurious. The rooftop pool was really good, the hotel wasn't overly busy when we were there although if you came to the pool late morning you may have struggled for a sunbed. My only complaint with this hotel is that is feels like an adults only hotel and I beleive should be one. We stayed during the Easter break and there were a few families there and the kids took over the pool which spoilt it somewhat for me. This hotel is not somewhere I would aim at families. One thing you must do is walk to the beach to watch a fantastic gulf coast sunset - this was super and the beach was busier than during the day. There is no restaurant at the hotel but plenty of high quality restaurants and even a starbucks just across the street. A great hotel, that I would definitly return to.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NorfolkExplorer
Wales
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Couldnt fault this hotel, its in the heart of Naples, stayed there for part of our holiday, its a lovely hotel, fabulous pool area, lovely situation can walk to beach and restaurants I would definately stay there again. Staff very helpful.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends