“Better than expected”

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Better than expected”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This hotel was fabulous.
Set in middle of Fifth Avenue and ideal for seeing old Naples.
Rooms luxurious and very clean.
Stayed 3 nights so had a good chance to look round Naples.
Rather up market and lots to see. Go on the Trolley bus virtually outside the hotel. Wayne, one of the drivers was a good laugh and informative.
McCabe,s Irish pub is attached to the hotel and has excellent food and live music.
Full of atmosphere.
Tin City is worth going to and Naples Pier and Beach.
Old Naples Pub were a bit negative and were very off hand. The younger girl was very nice though.
Definitely a one to recommend.
Says it's 4 star but felt 5.
Recommend Diner at 5th & 6th just to the right of the entrance for breakfast as hotel does not serve food.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Nick F, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on our property. Thank you so much for your kind complements to our property, service, and to our restaurant. I agree, the trolley is a great way to learn about the area in a few hours while be entertained by the very personable guides. Thank you for choosing the Inn on Fifth, we look forward to your future stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (660)
Reviewed 14 May 2013

The club level rooms are big but the food offerings for the club level were embarrassing. The breakfast was stale bagels, fruit platter, and Quaker oats packets. Thats all. This was a below average breakfast for club level service. There was no espresso machine, no hot food, no breakfast meats. There wasn't even cheese. The breakfast was so bad, I didn't care it was free, I went to Starbucks. The food at the Inn of Fifth is not worth the calories. At night, the dessert service is a plate of store bought cookies. That is all. Maybe the owners don't know any better or maybe they're cheating their club level customers. The Inn on Fifth is club level in name only, not amenities. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
I am terribly disappointed to hear about your breakfast experience experience in our Club Level Suites. Our deluxe continental breakfast does not include a hot item, but our concierge would be happy to arrange a hot item special for you from our restaurant. We strive to provide the freshest breakfast offerings like our muffins made fresh daily from the local bakery just a few doors down from the hotel. I sincerely sorry for the bagels that you experience during your stay, this is something that should never happen. In the evening we offer some of the finest liquors and french champagne available, hors d oeuvres, and light sweets. I am sorry that you did not enjoy our cookie jar. I greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us strive to provide the absolute best service. We hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future.
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

We have just come back from a fabulous weekend at the Inn on fifth. We were in town for a wedding and we booked the new club level suites which are across the road from the main hotel. This suited us just fine. We were met by our "concierge" Diana who checked us into our room (380) which was just off the main club level lounge. The room was spacious, new, great attention to detail, fabulous bathroom, separate toilet where the lights were automatic. Loved the detail on the (huge) shower floor. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I bought a pillow to bring home with me! The staff were very attentive but not in your face. The club lounge had an open bar, constant cookie supply, varied breakfast, hors d'oeuvres, and we could help ourselves all day. The feeling you usually get at. Hotel of being nickel and dimed was an alien concept here and it made for a much more relaxing stay. Our favourite thing though was the roof-terrace. Most of the times we went up there we were the only people (whilst over the road) at the main hotel the roof terrace was quite busy). It had a nice big jacuzzi, lots of plush seating, was underneath the flight path from Naples airport so you could watch all the private jets flying off (they are not noisy so not a problem). I had a facial in the spa with a therapist who clearly knew her stuff. A couple of weeks before we had been staying at the Beverly Hills hotel in LA, a long standing favourite of ours. My husband certainly now has a new favourite, and I'd have to say they give the BHH a run for their money for quality of stay. We'd love to go back. I should also note that we live in Bermuda so we're near the beach all the time so being by the beach was not important to us, being in town walking distance from great restaurants, nice shops etc was a higher priority. If I had to give them something to consider it would be the size of the bath (seemed a little small in proportion to the size of the rest of the bathroom, but didn't matter given the jacuzzi upstairs) and the size of the closet (glad I was only staying 3 nights or wouldn't have had enough room,). But they did all they could to make it an enjoyable stay, and it was certainly that, so thank you all very much!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Nick F, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear Julia,

Thank you for for all of your kind comments and for the time and detail that you have given your review. We thrilled to read that you enjoyed all of the complementary offerings in our concierge lounge and the sunny roof top deck. Our spa technicians are very knowledgeable in their field of practice and it shows. Thank you for comparing us to the Beverly Hills hotel, we hope to become your next long standing favorite. We look forward to making your next stay with us that much more enjoyable.
Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great location! Lots of restaurants nearby and the incredible Naples Art Association's von Liebig Center across the way!The staff was friendly and polite.The room was beautiful - comfortable, luxurious, clean and spacious. The shower was large. Niceties like good quality shampoo and conditioner and such, and robes in the closet make one feel pampered - even if it was only a quick business trip with no time to enjoy the pool or spa or other amenities. Hopefully next time I will - and I do plan on staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
I am very pleased that you enjoyed yourself on your quick business trip. We have wonderful Florida resident rates starting June 1st til October for your return trip. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The lobby area was large with crystal chandeliers and comfortable chairs in which to wait or people watch, although strangely without a restroom on the floor. Artwork throughout was modern abstract which, in my opinion, was somewhat jarring. The 2nd floor pool was l-shaped with decorative fountains pouring water into it but only 3 1/2 feet deep which was almost too shallow for some water exercises, and the hot tub had good jets but could have been hotter as it was probably just over 100 degrees.

Our room was large and well-appointed with tall headboards, writing desk, chair and footstool, and very pleasant balcony with two rocking chairs and a table from which we could watch birds in the trees which were lighted at night or watch the people traversing the courtyard below. The sliding french doors were quite soundproof as loud music from the pub was totally blocked when they were closed; could also pull the curtain and drape across. The beds were high and very comfortable. The shower was large with a built-in seat at the end. The coffee-maker was tiny and only provided two cups and the lobby did not have coffee so one would need to go out for that second cup. The entire property was very clean and a great base of operations as it was right in the middle of Fifth with other retail parts and the beach in easy walking distance.

The front desk staff appeared friendly but were not as knowledgable as they should have been. When I asked if a local restaurant where I'd dined previously was still in business, the clerk replied "of yes, and it's very good" when in reality, I discovered, another restaurant stood in its place. When asked about the driving time to Ave Maria, we were told 20 minutes when it actually took us longer than 45.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review out property. I greatly appreciate the detail you out into writing your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your Plaza view room, and our sound proof doors allowed you to quietly relax. I apologize for the information you received about the drive time to Ave Maria. I have brought this to the Front Office Manager's attention and we are actively training our front desk agents of our neighborhood and the surrounding areas. Thank you for staying with us at the Inn on Fifth and we hope to see you again.
New York, New York
Reviewed 6 May 2013

When I arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by the valet with a warm welcome. The staff at the reception desk were professional and very accommodating. I travel often and several times, I've made reservation for a hotel only to be disappointed by the appearance of the room compared to the pictures they display on their websites. I was shocked to see how beautiful and spacious the room at The Inn on Fifth was. I enjoyed my stay immensely and plan to come back as soon as I get a break. The hotel is at a perfect location. Placed right in between amble of shops, restaurants, and the beach. I also had such a wonderful time at McCabes and Truluck and Tommy Bahamas.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of their suites.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Nick F, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Thank you for the wonderful complements to our valet and front desk staff. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our suites. Thank you for the wonderful comments and we hope that we see you soon so you can explore and experience more restaurants.
Camden, Maine
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I had a business trip to Naples, Fl planned so I took a chance on Priceline. Low and behold I got a room at the Inn on Fifth at a great price. Everything at the Inn is top notch. My room was spacious overlooking the courtyard in the back. Comfy beds, large bathroom with great shower.
The thing I like best is its location right in the heart of Old Naples.

Room Tip: I am not sure there are any bad rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Nick F, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and your review. Since you stay in May 2012, we have completely renovated the whole hotel. We hope that you come back and see us soon! We have wonderful summer specials starting June 1st.