“Generally a great hotel”
Review of Inn on Fifth

Inn on Fifth
Ranked #6 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Generally a great hotel”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I concur with general reviews written here.

We spent two weeks here and in general found the hotel to be excellent.

Pros: Great location. Comfortable rooms and beds (we had a corner suite with small balcony).Coffee, Water and tea facilities. Pretty good service.Nice decor. Gym and Spa. Free Parking and Valet. Cable TV with lots of variety.

I will write a couple of negatives though which can only try help improve the hotel service for total guest satisfaction.

Cons. No breakfast or room service. Sporadic bar service at the Pool and when it did arrive my beer was totally flat. Some of the towels at the pool were incredibly small, opened one up down at the beach I was lying half on the sand, dishcloth comes to mind. The ac in the room was loud. But the one thing that struck us, that is the most obvious is there are no information packs in the room explaining what services are available in the hotel.

With respect to the last comment upon checking out we suggested to the hotel reception staff that they should begin a chair and parasol rental for the beach because with the heat we struggled lying directly on the sand, to which they replied that they have free beach equipment for guest use. We couldn't believe we had not been informed one way or another. Further reading reviews, we didn't know about the shuttle.

Pharmacy and Wynnes food/hardware store (for your water,beer, wine,snacks and electrical adapters if required) is just behind the hotel if so required.

We would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DudBanger
Judy N, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear DudBanger,

Thank you for taking the time to write your reviews. The owner of our Inn takes all comments seriously and that's why beginning September he is replacing all the a/c units in the hotel with new state of the art units. We are currently working on our information booklets to be placed in all of our rooms. We do not offer breakfast in our Inn, however there are several restaurants in walking distance and some that will deliver to the Inn. We do have larger pool towels available and I apologize that you received the smaller ones. We do not have a shuttle that runs back and forth to the beach but if our valet are available as a courtesy they will run our guests down to the beach in our golf cart. I am going to review the situation of the beach chairs and umbrellas with our front office manager.

I am happy that you will come again to stay with us and hope that we have improved on all your recommendations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I really thought my experience in the standard side room and the club level room (to which I moved on my 2nd night) was pretty dramatically different. In my room in the original building, which was a junior suite, the AC was loud and didn't work well enough for me to sleep comfortably, there was no breakfast available on site and no evidence of room service, I looked out onto an alley with a juliet balcony (not really a balcony), and the Internet was slow and spotty. I was there for work, and so unreliable internet was a big problem. I complained repeatedly about internet to the front desk after I checked in, they said they rebooted it and after my third complaint finally told me it must be a problem with my "device," so I just gave up.
So after a sleepless night with inadequate air conditioning and virtually no Internet, I had to ask to move across the street the second day because I thought that would be easier than packing up and finding another hotel. I loved the club level room. It had a true balcony, central air, breakfast included as well as cocktails in the evening and snacks throughout the day. I had no problems at all with Internet. But I had to pay an additional $60 a night for the room upgrade. I'm not sure yet if I'll be reimbursed by my company for the extra expense but at least I could sleep, work and eat there.
Overall, the pool area was lovely, valets helpful, front desk usually efficient. Free valet parking is a very nice perk.

Room Tip: Go with any club level room over the old place.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TampaTraveler036
Judy N, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear TampaTraveler036,

First let me apologize for your sleepless night. We have had some issues with the a/c units being noisy. Beginning this September our General Manager is replacing all the a/c units in all the rooms so that will not be an issue in the future. Our restaurant AVENUE5 does not offer breakfast just lunch and dinner. However, there are several restaurants in walking distance that are open for breakfast and we also have one restauant that will deliver to the Inn. I am not sure why you had problems with the internet, but I have forwarded the information to our front office manager to look into.
Our Club Level suites are a totally different experience, hense the upgrade fee. I am glad you enjoyed your stay there and were able to get a good night sleep and internet reception without any issue.
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and we do hope you will come stay with us again.
Roatan, Honduras
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

My parents have been visiting here for the last 10 years & when my husband brother & I joined them for a pre Christmas break we understood why. The hotel is small enough to give a truly personal & friendly service. The decor manages to be both luxurious & modern at the same time. Nothing old fashioned or dated here in style or service. The location is one of the best right in the heart of Naples with a great selection of restaurants, cafés & boutique shopping topped off with an easy walk to the beach. We didn't need a car for a 5 day stay here & had more than enough to entertain us yet still relax at the hotels rooftop pool deck.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank HummingbirdRoatan
Dear HummingbirdRoatan,

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed our prime location on Fifth Avenue. We hope that you will come visit with us again in the near future.
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My partner and I regularly book weekend getaways at the Inn on Fifth. We've done so for the past 12 years.

We have stayed in just about every room grade available at the inn...with Juliet balconies, full walk-out balconies, walk-out pool deck, pool view, and corner suites. We've found each room style to be consistent with quality beds, linens, towels and bathroom amenities.

The entire inn has been remodeled recently and the new color scheme gives the hotel a more modern feel than its past incarnation. The lobby is elegant with a new modern twist. The desk staff is accommodating and welcoming. The pool area is a nice little oasis and the rooms that open out onto the pool deck make for easy access.

The Inn has two top-quality restaurants on its first floor and there are a number of other nice places to dine within 3-7 minutes walking distance.

We like to stay at the Inn because we can walk to the beach (6 blocks), watch the sunset, walk back to the Inn and then go to dinner. No need for a car to enjoy all there is to offer surrounding the hotel.

In addition, we've found that the Inn rewards frequent guests with room upgrades. We've been fortunate to have been upgraded several times. Much to our surprise, our latest booking turned into a unbelievable upgrade...to the Presidential Suite in the Inn's new Club Level Suites! SWEET!!!

We look forward to our weekend getaways at the Inn on Fifth and will remain loyal guests thanks to the quality experience that the hotel delivers to its clientele.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hopper1965
Judy N, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear hopper1965,

Thank you to one of our loyal guests! We appreciate you taking the time to write about all our upgrades to the Inn on Fifth and how you enjoy your time here with us. What a treat for you to experience the Presidental Suite!! All of our staff take pride in making each and every guests stay a memorable one and I am so happy we exceeding with you again this time. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Paris, France
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Everything is fine in this hotel even the perfume in the lobby!!!
Very well located in Naples : in the historic center and within walking distance of the beach and restaurants.
Try the experience in this hotel and in Naples and you will come back in this place !

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sandrine H,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your accommodations and the location of our Inn. And thankyou for mentioning that you enjoyed the scent in our lobby. We have been working deligently to find the most welcoming experience for all our guests. Our current scent is sweet mango.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2014

First class everything. Rooms are 5 stars and the staff does an amazing job of making your stay a memorable one. My compliments to management and the entire staff. You will not be disappointed in anything specially the location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jorge S,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our Inn. We are so pleased that our staff made you feel welcomed and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return visit.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

After 9 days in Orlando, the Inn on the 5th was an oasis! This hotel exudes class and style. It's a boutique hotel with well furnished rooms and a prime location in Naples. The staff, especially Oliver, were extremely friendly, helpful and warm. There's a lovely chilled-out pool area. The gym is good too and the valet parking is great too.

We stayed 5 nights here and were made to feel special. The free shuttle to local attraction and areas is a bonus - we all travelled in the Cadillac people carrier. It felt more like a Limo!

Well done the Inn on the 5th and thanks.

Room Tip: Maybe email first to ask for an upgrade but TBH, all rooms were great.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Owlstiger
Dear Owlstiger,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at The Inn on Fifth! We are so pleased that you were able to relax and enjoy all the amenties the Inn has to offer. We hope that next time you visit Naples you will visit us too. All the best.