“Great location, clean, great location but a bit pricey.”
Review of Inn on Fifth

Inn on Fifth
Ranked #2 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Royal Palm Beach
“Great location, clean, great location but a bit pricey.”
Reviewed 16 September 2009

We had a junior king suite, which had a very nice balcony overlooking 5th and all the shops and restaurants. The hotel is gorgeous with hanging chandaliers and marble and granite. There is an Irish Pub on the 1st floor with music that has a great breakfast and also supplies the room service. It is within walking distance to tons of shops and restaurants of all kinds. Starbucks is a block away! The room had very high ceilings and was nicely appointed, but I think because of the high ceilings and size it took forever for the room to cool down with the air conditioning unit in the room, but once it was cool it was fine. The only thing it was lacking was a mini fridge. It can be a bit pricey at times, but I am a bit of a hotel snob at times and thought it was worth it.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2009

We booked a weekend with Inn on Fifth and expected to have a good time.
The location is wonderful but that was the extent of it. The service was almost non existant.
We were told we were getting a room with a Terrace and two queen beds when we booked, but were surprised to find two double beds and a Small closed in Balcony with roof tops as views. The room was very small and dated, the furniture was worn and scratched.....the toilet did not work. It took over 25 minutes for the toilet to be able to flush. The remote for the TV was not working properly. We contacted the front desk and they gave us a key to see a suite that was not much bigger than the room we were in and expected us to pay 100.00 more in order to have a working toilet. When we said no, they then offered to send up maintenance and that never happened. The air conditioner was not in good working order. It was hot in the room even at the coldest setting. The hotel restaurant did not have a full menu until 5pm. We called another hotel and checked out after we realized that nothing would be done. Location, location, location and that was all.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marcyg56
Miami
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Service from all aspects of this hotel was excellent.
Location could not be better.
I will return to the Inn on Fifth.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 8 July 2009

Stayed for six days. It was a great experience. The staff were very helpful in locating restaurants and the hotel itself was in an excellent location. Was able to watch the 4th of July fireworks from the balcony of the room.

Plan on staying again, when in Naples.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2009

I just returned home from a one night stay at the Inn on Fifth. The location is great and the lobby beautiful. The room was average with a great terrace and nice beds. Unfortunately, my biggest complaint would be the service. We got two keys and one didn't work when my husband tried it so I of course tried to make sure he was doing it correctly and it didn't work. The other key worked so we didn't complain. We sat down to watch tv and the remote didn't work properly. It wasn't that it didn't work at all it was just the fact you had to practically stand in front of the tv to make it work. I decided to call maintenance and the guy kind of laughed at me because as he stood in front of the tv the remote worked...really? you don't think I realize that? If I had wanted to stand in front of the tv I would not use the remote. I didn't want to argue so I thanked him and we put up with the remote. We decided to go for a walk and on our way out I tried the bum key two more times and it didn't work. When I told the girl she gave me a lecture as to how to use a hotel key card....really?....She re-issued the same key and guess what...it didn't work. Whatever. My last complaint with service is that we would have loved to patronize the restaurant attached to the hotel, but we didn't have a guide in our room. I told the girl who gave me the lesson on key cards and she said "are you sure it isn't in the book?" To which I replied "I looked in there and it is not there" (my husband and I looked three times before going to the desk). She said she would send housekeeping up to check the book and put in a guide if it was in fact missing. We went to the room to wait and after two hours we decided to hit fifth avenue and go across the street to Vergina (which was great and well priced). Aside from the service, we thought the hotel was ok. I would have returned if it weren't for the service and the unsightly caulking job they did on the tub. Maintenance and front desk will need some help before I return.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank itsthelife
florida
Reviewed 28 June 2009

Air Conditioning was poor. Furniture was dated. Eleavator was broken. Toilet Overflowed. Not worth the money. stay away

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mac66Florida
UK
Reviewed 20 May 2009

After checking out the reviews on Tripadvisor I was very pleased when we turned up at the hotel. We checked in around 8pm and our room, a King Plaza Deluxe, was beautiful and spotlessly clean. My only disappointed was that there was no bath just a huge shower.
Naples is a gorgeous place and the beaches are just stunning. Pure white sand and the ocean was like a millpond.
I would highly recommend this hotel for its perfect location on Fifth Avenue and good service. The pool area is small but very nice and the restaurants attached were excellent.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple