All reviews old naples within walking distance large pool comfortable room full kitchen mariners pier convenience miami
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We stumbled across this brilliant little old folks home, sorry, motel. It's actually an apartment with all separate rooms. Its right next to the beach and the pier in an upmarket neighbourhood. The receptionist is a 60 year old ex- marine, so probably it explains lack of email response if trying to book on line. Lovely central garden with tropical plants and a separate pool and sunbathing area.
Decor is old fashioned but new-ish and clean, wi-fi works fine and has a new toshiba flat screen tv.
We paid $90 for a night.

Room Tip: Room 214 was big.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Simon354
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Located right next the famous pier and I block from a beautiful beach this motel is very old but well kept. Booking is only available by phone and email. Make sure you check the dates: I screwed up once and they didn't even contact me to ask me why I didn't arrive in November instead of December. They were nice enough to give me a room during the busiest season.
The best things are: the location, the heated pool and 2-bedroom suites with a kitchen large enough to accommodate a big family with kids. Will come back for lack of alternative accommodation in the area. :)

Room Tip: Get rooms closer to the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank LoveSurfing M
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This place has 2 things going for it-price and location. You get what you pay for here! Poured concrete building means no wi-fi inside, a/c not great, nothing bigger than twin beds, tv sucked, and I think they are still using the same bedding as when it was originally furnished in the 60's! If you're on a budget, and won't be relying on posh accomodations or amenities, you can't complain about proximity to the beach and shopping and eating!

• Stayed: August 2011
6  Thank KeyserSoze_1977
Reviewed 22 October 2011

The rooms are old but clean and all equipment works, so I'd say that it is nothing fancy but very comfortable. The only drawback is that there is no internet in the rooms, but you can catch a signal once you are out of your room.
The managers were extremely friendly and helpful. The price was reasonable (not cheap and not too expensive) and since we were vacationing during the off season, we got a free upgrade. The hotel is a block from the beach and 2 blocks from the pier, with convenient access to both. No special entertainment for the kids except pool, but with the beach a block away, nothing else is necessary.
In short, we loved it (me, my wife, 2 kids and my mother-in-law). If we're in Naples again, Mariners would be my first choice.

Room Tip: Just be nice and friendly and the managers would go out of their way to help you out.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Vyacheslav1993
Reviewed 10 May 2011

The management are smart enough to realize that the value in the motel is not in the quality of accommodation but in the location. It's therefore stupidly expensive for what it is. I paid $230 for one night to sleep a family of 5 (2 double beds and a single).

The place is clean and well run though and I recommend a stay if you're not price sensitive.

• Stayed: April 2011