We had an unbelievably terrible experience here. Following some nasty-looking clouds chasing a group of us from the beach, we decided to gather at our friend's rental here to wait out the impending rain. Since the places are so small, the natural place to gather was around the pool area- our children swam and we stood nearby. Let me make it clear, our children are all 10+, were very quiet and respectful, and at no time was anyone loud, boisterous, or disrespectful. We were quickly approached by a older man (from the facility) who began to yell at the group about who was staying there, what room, etc. and then told there was a no guest policy. At no time was he friendly, understanding, or polite. At one point, he was berating one of our kids about where he was staying and why was he there! When our friend who was renting there tried to make an apology for not knowing the "no guest" rule to diffuse the man's obvious anger, he raised his voice again and verbally insulted her.
This place is old, outdated, and a joke in the Naples area. The location is great and apparently enough to stay in business regardless of the behavior of the staff or the condition of the property. I have stayed in dozens of hotels/rental properties and have never been met with a "no guest" policy in the middle of the day much less been treated in that way by a staff member.
This place sucks- DO NOT stay here. There are WAY too many other nice properties in the immediate area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mariner is a motel of suites (apartments) ideally located a block or so from Naples' famous fishing pier, its white sand beaches and the fabulous Third Street shops and restaurants; not to mention the Fifth Avenue shops, restaurants and theatre in the other "Olde” Naples area, nor the Crayton Cove Yacht Basin that are both close ... without being too close! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Mariner Apartments Hotel Naples
- Mariner Apartments And Motel
- Mariner Apartments & Motel Naples, Florida