“201 Pearl is a great place to stay in Navarre!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Navarre
The Pearl of Navarre Beach
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I'll start by saying that all units in this building are not upheld to the same standards, so choose wisely. We rented unit 201, which is a 3 bed/ 3 bath corner unit. We used Navarre Vacation Rentals (aka Kilgore Realty), and had no problems whatsoever, so we will more than likely use them again.

I'll review our unit below, but the reason for my warning to choose wisely is that I spoke with a few families during our stay that were very surprised at the ammenities that the owner of our unit had to offer (some units don't have flat screen tv's, good quality cutlary, etc).

We normally stay in Destin, which is about 40 minutes to the east, but due to an illness, by the time we were ready to book, our normal unit in Destin was booked solid. We were really happy with the 201 Pearl, and if our plans ever fall through in Destin again, we will definately book this unit again! I'll try to give a detailed review, since there are not many reviews on here for the Pearl.

Location:
We liked the location. The main condo buildings in Navarre are off of the main drag, so when you need to go to the store, you drive across the bridge to Hwy 98 (which is the connecting Hwy for everything between Pensacola to Destin).
During our stay, the traffic got congested at times in the afternoon on the bridge leading to town, but I try to make it a rule not to get in a hurry on vacation, so it didn't bother us. There is a Wal Mart Supercenter, a Publix and a Winn Dixie all within a few minutes of the building. The Navarre Fishing Pier is within walking distance.
If you're into family pictures on the beach, there's a really cool pull off about 4 miles to the west of the condo. It's in the middle of a refuge, so there are no buildings, just beach and dunes.

Grounds:
This building has great curb appeal! The grounds are kept up well, the beach is clean (it gets raked once every day), and there are two pools (one heated) with a hot tub. The beach gets a little crowded from what we are used to, but it was never a problem, and it is a family atmosphere. There were a few partiers, but they usually kept it down when kids were around.

There is a decent "fitness" room. There is enough equipment to somewhat maintain your routine while you're away. The dumbells only go up to 12 lbs, but there is a pretty nice machine that will give you a decent workout all around. There are also a couple of cardio machines.

I love to grill, so I was pleased to find a grilling area on the west side of the building. I was concerned that it would be crowded, but every time I went down to grill, I was able to get right on a grill. There are a couple of nice gas grills and a charcoal grill. The charcoal grill didn't have a lid (campground type unit), so I used the gas grills against my better judgement;) They got the job done, but I prefer sitting around waiting on charcoal to get ready.

I've seen people talking about the elevators on other reviews, and I found that this is probably the biggest downfall to this building. Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything that they can do to correct it (design flaw). Again, if you're in a hurry, it will be an issue for you, but follow my rule of thumb to not get in a hurry on vacation, and you'll be fine. Also, if you get a unit on the 1st or 2nd floor, you're golden!

View:
All of the units in The Pearl have a Gulf view. If you're on the 1st floor, you'll have a view of the water and the dune, but not the beach. The 2nd through 18th floors have views of the beach and water. You can also watch folks catching fish off of the pier, if you have a set of binocs or a scope.

The following are specific to unit 201!!!

Cleanliness:
This unit was immaculate! We got a call from Kilgore Realty the day before we arrived telling us that the family that had rented the unit the week before had to cancel, so the unit was ready for us as early as we could get there, instead of having to wait until 3:00 PM. I was worried that the unit would smell musty, as ocean front units sometimes do if they haven't been occupied. But, to my surprise, it smelled fresh and was very clean!

Layout:
201 is a corner unit, so there is a wrap-around balcony on the gulf side, and a small balcony on the parking lot side off of the rear bedroom. There is a master bedroom with a huge bathroom (including a corner shower and a jacuzzi tub), a kid's bedroom with two twin beds, and a "mother-in-law suite, with a queen bed, bathroom with jacuzzi/shower, and a kitchenette complete with dishes, microwave, and coffee pot! The mother-in-law suite can be isolated from the rest of the unit.

Decor:
The owner of this unit has decorated it to give it a festive feel, with bright colors paint and furnature. There are wooden blinds throughout the unit, so you can dim it down in the middle of the day if needed. Every room has Visio flat screen tv's.

Appliances:
As with any condo, there is a fully equipped kitchen. The cutlary and utensils were in very good shape and good quality. There are pots, pans and oven dishes for just about anything you can think of cooking (including a HUGE pot that's perfect for boiling 5 lbs of bay shrimp)!!! Last but not least, there is a full sized washer and dryer, not the miniatures that we usually find in the units we have stayed in.

Extras:
There is covered parking on the ground floor of the building, and the owner of this unit has a reserved spot with the code. The parking spot is as close to the elevator as you can get, so it makes trips to the store a little more convenient. And, in case you're wondering, the overhead clearance is more than enough for a Chevy Tahoe with a Yakima luggage carrier on top.

I think I covered everything, but feel free to give me a shout if you have any specific questions. If you are headed to Navarre, this is a great unit to stay in. And don't forget your portable gazebo!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor don't have a view of the beach, but they have a view of the water. 2nd fl...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
13  Thank WooPigBeachBum

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Our family of 7 adults and 2 young children could not have asked for a better suited condo at a reasonable cost! The condo is so spacious that you never feel crowded. We loved that it was on the 3rd floor and directly over the 2 pools. The master bedroom was HUGE with a slider to a large patio/deck and a walk in closet that was large enough for the 11 month old's portacrib. It was also large enough to put a twin sized inflatable mattress down for the 3 year old. The master bath was incredible with a large walk in shower and a large jacuzzi bath. The 2nd bedroom held 2 comfortable queen beds. My son could have slept on the fold out couch but preferred his inflatable queen bed which fit perfectly by moving the coffee table to the side with plenty of room to manuever around it to get to the patio or master bedroom. Seating in the living area was ample with a leather rocker, a love seat and large couch.. The kitchen had everything we needed throughout the week including a large pantry to use. We also made good use of the washer and dryer and the beverage cooler in the wet bar area. The condo has a "smart" thermostat which turns off the air conditioning if the doors are left open too long. We never found this to be a problem. The thermostat was set at 73 which is lower than I keep mine at home! I really appreciated that dishwasher detergent and trash bags were provided as well as other cleaning supplies. The condo was situated around the corner from the 2 elevators and there were only a few times the entire week that we had to wait any amount of time. With it being on the 3rd floor, I found it just as easy to use the stairwell. The 2 pools and hot tub were kept very clean. We enjoyed our stay and would return if we ever come back to this area.

Room Tip: We found this unit via the vrbo website and it's privately owned instead of mangement owned. I...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank zvillelady
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My husband and I visit Navarre Beach Florida every year, sometimes twice a year. This time we went on a trip with my parents & sister's family & chose The Pearl for the first time. We all stayed in a condo on the 10th floor. It was 3 bedroom, 3 bath. The whole building was smoke free - one designated smoking area outside. We are always outdoor smokers, and it would have been nice to be able to have a cigarette on one of our balconies. However, the designated smoking area was nice and I can certainly understand the reason for this rule. The condo was squeaky CLEAN...amazing ocean view. Both balconies were breathtaking. The condo was fully equipped in the kitchen, and plenty of towels & extra blankets. Very spacious, even for two small families w/ kids & grandparents. The DVD players in each bedroom & living room were great for kiddos. The parking lot has code gate access, as well as the elevator, pool/beach entrance and rooms - nice to not have to carry keys to the beach! The two pools @ The Pearl were gorgeous. Love NBFL, love The Pearl!

Room Tip: Corner condos have a 'wrap around' balcony. You can get great views of the beach as well as...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank 56JenniferG56
Reviewed 13 November 2012

2 bedroom condo with beautiful decor, very comfortable, and great for couples or families. The view from the balcony was absolutely amazing,and the sound of the water coming ashore at night was soothing. Everyone was very friendly and helpful if you had a question. Only downfall is

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ashhroberts
Reviewed 16 August 2012

3 bedroom condo, the decor was beautiful, very comfortable, view from the deck was absolutely beautiful! Staff friendly and courteous. We stayed a week and everything was great, relaxing, and very enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Lou G
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Stayed in a condo in the Pearl over Spring Break week in early April, 2012. There are condo high rises and vacation homes along the beach but there is still much that is undeveloped in this beautiful area of Florida. We've been to Orlando area and South Florida many times, which are very crowded with residents as well as tourists, Navarre Beach did not disappoint. Beautiful, large white sand beaches and miles and miles of undeveloped national dunes park just up the beach from the Pearl. My family loved having the choice of the two pools at the Pearl and the huge beach just on the other side of the boardwalk. Great views from the condos. My son and daughter especially loved walking the beach each day down to the pier to watch all the local fishermen pull in their catches. What an interesting lot - the fish/sea creatures being caught as well as the local fishermen!

We didn't mind that there was not much else going on right in the area - there are some restaurants, a couple of tourist shops, stores, etc. over the bridge back to the mainland there in Navarre. We really just enjoyed being at the pool and the beach - that was enough. You are about halfway in between Pensacola and Destin / Fort Walton - so if you are interested in more "things to do" other than the beach you do have access. It will take you about a 30-60 minute drive to get there either way but that is an option.

Condo was very nice and spacious. Four of us with more room than we needed. It was also very clean and has been kept in good condition. If you are looking for a nice getaway that isn't overcrowded but is very laidback and very beautiful I would highly recommend Navarre Beach and a condo at the Pearl.

Room Tip: Nice selection with many pics of different condos on the rental agency website: Pick a condo that lo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank TravelDad_8
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Our family vacation to Navarre Beach was wonderful. We had the chance to stay in a condo at Pearl of Navarre and where not disappointed. The entire family was thrilled to stay at The Pearl. It was very clean, spacious, and equipped with everything we needed. The family cooked most of our meals there and had more than enough pots and pans to hold everything we cooked. The dishwasher worked great and was a huge help! There is an ice maker located at the bar, which worked out fabulously after being in the summer sun. Each bedroom was comfortable and had a large TV with a DVD player to offer as well. Not to forget that if anyone needed extra blankets or pillows those were provided as well. The condo provided three bathrooms, which were very clean! In two bathrooms there were a jacuzzi/tub style that were very spacious. In the master bathroom it also provided a standing shower. The living room area was very comfortable with a large flat screen TV. This living area was connected to the deck, which ended up being perfect for watching the sunset or even the sunrise while sipping on coffee. Our deck over looked the pool and beach (great view). The pool was very clean and warm (for night swimmers). The beach was absolutely beautiful; filled with white sand and blue waves. There were also several sea shells, which became a fun family activity for everyone to find shells. It is close to restaurants and shopping as well. Overall, our stay at The Pearl was great, it deserves an 100 percent!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Rachel W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Navarre
Springhill Suites by Marriott Navarre Beach
#2 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Portofino Island Resort
Portofino Island Resort
#5 of 10 in Pensacola Beach

Been to The Pearl of Navarre Beach? Share your experiences!