“ISO”

Robert K Rees Memorial Park
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My Family Visited the beach last weekend which is the first time! Loved the park and the board walk and how kid friendly the place is, but we not happy with the fact that there was NO WATER the tide was all the way out to the rope and the water felt like bath water. We left behind a jungle themed playpen with a pink jungle themed sheet inside. We just moved here from Bangor Maine and have 4 small kids and are really hoping somebody turned it in, I have searched for the number to contact the park and cannot find one. You can contact me at b.blenkhorn1988@gmail.com or by phone (207) 992-6917. Thank you so much in advance.

1  Thank Brandi882014

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My family and I recently moved to New Port Richey from out of state. With four small children, we were quick to look for a nice, close, family friendly beach. This, being the closest to us is just "good" but that's all.

Pro's:

-Not crowded (Saturday at 7:00PM in summer)
-Clean, clear water (though full of dead grass)
-Kid friendly (shallow water depth, playground)
-Picnic shelters with tables and grills
-Restrooms

Con's:

-Lot's of dead grass throughout the water
-Facilities slightly dated and rundown
-Parking fee
-Theft concerns (warning signs posted)

While we will come back, other nearby beaches in the area are more appealing to us such as Fred Howard Park. For the fee required I expected the facilities to be kept up with just a little bit better.

If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them. I've included a number of pictures in this review.

If you have found this review helpful, please let me know by clicking the button below! I would greatly appreciate it!

11  Thank bluecookies
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were looking for a beach to visit in New Port Richey while we were on vacation nearby. We found Robert K. Rees Memorial Park nearby. If you are not from the area (we are from Chicago), it is very difficult to find this park. From Route 19, you have to turn down a side street, and look for a sign (which doesn't exist at the intersection as I recall). There are a couple of signs further down the street.

Anyways, it is a very nice park, which has a playground, a couple of in-ground barbecue stands, and some picnic tables to use. Bathrooms are also close by. There were also a couple of food trucks at the park. The only complaint I have heard is that parking can be difficult at times.

Most importantly, if you are not from the area, make sure to look up the location of the park on your GPS, so you know what street to turn on.

3  Thank steelchess77
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a nice small State Park. If you prefer being in the outdoors alone though, be sure to come early. People start showing up around 9am, and the parking area fills up quickly. The pay station has been upgraded to accept debit/credit cards.

2  Thank Heather C
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Even with the wind and cooler temps it was a nice place. Just be prepared, you can't get away from screaming kids as the playground is right in the middle. Beach was nice, plenty of room, picnic tables and a small concession stand. Bathrooms too.

There is a $2 parking fee, which was waived the day I was there. Also be very careful driving across the causeway to this little island. There are many fishing folks and there was a woman playing with an unleashed dog running in and out of the bushes, so it could be hazardous.

The scenery is beautiful and relaxing. I loved it!!

1  Thank VirginiaFJax