“worst outback”

Dining options: Dinner
The Villages Florida
“worst outback”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

we had a coupon to use , so we decided to go there...usually dont mind it..but this OUTBACK was horrible.........terrible service..food was over cooked...bread stale

Visited March 2014

selbyville
“Prices are good”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Ordered happy hour priced appetizers that were plentiful and fresh....the ‘shrooms were so tasty! Salad was filled with fresh ingredients. Bar was very busy but the bartender was attentive and patient.

Visited February 2014
Florida
“I can't rate the food.. It never came.”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Only because of the close proximity to our home we gave this place another shot. We ordered and drinks were delivered then we sat and waited.... 40 minutes. The table who arrived 15 minutes after us already had their meal and we never even saw our appetizer. The waitress came by once and said the kitchen was slow (while many other plates came by us). I finally flagged down our waitress at the 40 min. mark and asked for a check for our drinks. She said "oh I was about to have the manager bring your appetizer"..... The manager (I'm assuming) walked right out with our appetizer and I reiterated I only wanted to pay for our drinks so we could leave. She denied and said it was on the house. Finally an hour after we ordered at Outback, I finally got my food; from Wendy's.
This particular restaurant should be avoided like the plague. If you're in from out of town, don't visit just because it is a familiar name - dine local. Dine anywhere else - just avoid this outback.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank jessmray
Moncton
“Always Make Up Your Own Mind”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

When reading reviews on here I am always mindful that people are more inclined to write a poor review than a good one. I started a while ago checking other reviews by the same member. If they are consistently bad I discount their reviews pretty heavily. I point this out only to emphasize that you should not be deterred by one or two bad reviews. Case in point the Outback Steakhouse in New Smyrna Beach; having read the reviews I decided to take a pass and head to Port Orange for something different. As we left our condo we were met with a torrential downpour and decided not to get on the highway and take a shot at the Outback in NSB instead (we wanted steak and Outbacks have not let us down in other locations)

This Outback has a bit of a location problem. It is in a strip mall that appears to be mostly vacated and in our previous visits to NSB we have wondered if this restaurant was even open. Well it is and it is on a par with other Outback restaurants. What I want from a chain restaurant is good food, good value and consistent quality and service. The Outback in NSB succeeds on all counts.

The restaurant appeared to be busy and we thought we might have to wait for a table but we were seated almost immediately. The staff were friendly and attentive. Our server (Kewan? Hope that's right) was professional and efficient. Our steaks were cooked just the way we asked for them and the meal was served promptly. We left very satisfied and our wallet not that much lighter (appetizer, salad, steak and wine for two under 45 dollars and there were cheaper options). It is an Outback and I think everyone has a good idea what you are going to get and this one delivered.

• Visited February 2014
New Smyrna Beach
“Avoid this Outback!”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

It's been a year since we last visited this outback and things are not any better. We arrive around 6pm and sit in the bar area. 15 minutes pass until a server visits us. After we order wines she returns to tell us that they don't have any rolled silverware, water glasses, and she's not sure when the bartender will get around to pouring the wines. We wisely chose to leave and patronize another local restaurant.

This is 6pm on a Sunday night and the place is half full at best. If you're visiting our town, there are much better places to spend you vacation dollars.

• Visited January 2014