“Upper good!”

Casey's NSB Bar and Upper Deck Restaurant
Price range: US$9 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casey's NSB Bar is New Smyrna's top spot to relax with friends near the beach and enjoy the best drinks in town. Featuring live music five nights a week! Casey's Upper Deck Restaurant boasts an authentic creole menu masterly prepared by a renown chef straight from New Orleans.
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Just a visit for happy hour and an appetizer. Happy hour you get two glasses of wine for the price of one. The scallops, shrimp & bacon with balsamic drizzle appetizer was exceptional. Kudos to chef "Frenchy", waitperson Nell also Nate and Mateo. Take the stairs to the Upper Deck for upper good atmosphere and victuals in New Smyrna Beach.

1  Thank theACE11
There are newer reviews for Casey's NSB Bar and Upper Deck Restaurant

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Excellent food and service.. Have eaten at the upper deck during two separate visits to NSB and will again return.. Pricing in line with other establishments in area.. Wife and I prefer the Upper Deck over the restaurant immediately below it which also has good food.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We sat at the bar to have light fair and wine expecting the usual standard food and service. What a pleasant surprise! We ordered from the appetizer menu. The Bruschetta and shrimp quesadilla were individually prepared with fresh ingredients by a chef the locals call "Frenchie". The star of the meal, other than the chef, was a grilled caesar salad topped with seared Ahi Tuna.
The menu includes many enticing items and we will definitely return, many times, I'm sure.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Went there during the off season and were just about the only people in the place. Waiter was very personable, but distracted by a broken refrigerator (he must be the repairman also) My wife got the "mac N cheese" lobster but she was not to impressed. I ordered the Champagne supreme and it was one of my favorite meals during our whole trip. Price was pretty expensive for casual atmosphere. I plan to go back but considering price, may put it a little further down on my list. BUT it was raining hard so we ate inside, maybe part of the draw is eating outside?

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Last night, out on the deck we enjoyed the view of the sea and an almost full moon. The deck is a bit rustic, but inside the Upper Deck is a comfortable restaurant with elegantly presented dishes. I won't say that for Nathan the waiter who didn't come close to the dishes and the physical environment. The chef is something else. He is sophisticated and very gracious. Eating has a lot to do with service, but I have to recommend this place. Hope the owner and the chef read this and understand that their too casual waiter is not up to the level they deserve. By the way, I had the tuna, just like the one in the picture at the top of this page. But, my plate had a lot more food!