“Very nice all around resturaunt”

Off the Hook Raw Bar and Grill
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An upscale-casual beachside restaurant, featuring fresh local seafood! Full bar featuring signature cocktails and televised sporting events.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Very nice all around resturaunt”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

This is our second time here and first review. The first time we ate here I had what quite possibly could be in the top 5 best grouper sandwiches I have ever eaten. The second time I had a swordfish filet which was very good. This resturaunt has a really nice menu that indulges every type of tastebud. I would recommend this place as a good go to resturaunt that has a bar feel but gives you a complete menu. The staff has always been attentive and friendly and the bill was not horrible either. We will be back for sure and I would make this a stop on my list when in New Smyrna Beach.

markus2229
“Food was good, service left something to be desired”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

My daughter and I stopped in at Off the Hook for lunch, when we arrived, there were 6 other customers in the restaurant. I was geared up to order fish, but the prices chased me away. $20 for scallops was a bit more than I wanted to pay for a late lunch. We were sat promptly and ordered drinks and an appetizer. Our appetizer took awhile to arrive, and our drinks sat empty for quite awhile. As we were starting our appetizer, the main course arrived. I'm not a fan of having 2 courses at once as something is bound to either get cold, or ignored. The cajun chicken we had was very tasty, as were the side dishes, corn on the cob and roasted red potatoes. I had to wait 10 minutes for the server to come around to get a knife to cut the chicken with, and then we received dull butter knives. To summarize, food good, service not bad, but below acceptable, waiting for things we should already have is silly. PS- When we walked in, my daughter thought it smelled unpleasant at first, it does smell a little stale inside, but she was outvoted 1-1 as I was hungry.

Orlando
“Fresh seafood,service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Off the hook took the spot of the old Clancy's a popular Mexican restaurant in New Smyrna beach.
The new owners opened the spot up with a "boating and fishing " feel done in a tasteful and relaxed way. The steamed seafood is always fresh and if you need a fried fix of seafood also very good. On the lighter side they have a wonderful crab Cobb salad full of fresh and REAL crab,avocado tomatoes and more. The grouper Ruben is out of this world. The restaurant has a full bar and beer on tap. Don!t miss this place the next visit in nsb!

Alexandria, Virginia
“Good, solid restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

This has become one of our must go to restaurants when we're in New Smyrna Beach. We really haven't been disappointed in anything we've eaten there. There's something on the menu for everyone. The daily specials and the fresh oysters are always a winner. They also make a great sangria which was blackberry on our last visit.

Aside from service sometimes being a bit slow, it's a good solid and reliable place. And a nice addition to NSB.

• Visited May 2012
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Our Sunday outing for oysters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

Off the hook is one of our favorite places to go never have had anything we did't like. We especially love the oysters always so fresh and they serve them on a bed of Ice . All the servers and Manager John are great . We are from Ormpnd Beach and go there at least once a week