“Fun place”

Gnarly Bridge House Grill
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Phone number on their take-out menu is 386-957-3844.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Weekend entertainment. Great sandwiches and sides. Great location on Flagler Ave. service is generally good.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Staff was friendly, food was good. Food and drinks were wery well priced. We could also sit outdoors and enjoy the view.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Anytime an owner takes the time and makes the effort to offer his response ESPECIALLY when it's personal and not a canned, cut and paste, He's trying. Seems like the old saying is true...

I've been a few times….mid day for an early beer once during the week and on a busy weekend night. Beers are cold enough, with several popular lagers on tap. The food is fairly consistent & well prepared, regardless of how busy they are. Maybe I've gotten soft in my old reviewers age, but I can even make some allowance for the fact that Gnarly's service is dependent on transient beach people and local kids. Sitting outside listening to a copy band may make for some less than attentive service, but they were very busy last night. Sometimes, not the most professional table waiters, but by and large they are trying at least as hard as most of the other local place. The result is a passing grade.

Try the burger! My wife had the scallops. Friends had the feta and olive stuffed chicken roulade. Everybody was happy when we left.

1  Thank bunnypuffer
s m, Owner at Gnarly Bridge House Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you or noticing!!! We do try very hard to please everyone every visit. Sometimes this is a challenge but most of the time people are just great!! I am very happy to hear you like our food and that we are consistent. Our food is very important to us!! Yes sometimes we get so busy it makes it hard to be the perfect server which does make us very unhappy. We will continue to make improvements daily!! I would like to buy you a drink of your choice the next time you are in!!! Just ask for the owner (I am usually in 7 days) and let me know it is you!! Thank you again!!!!

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We sat outside to enjoy the evening but we could see into the kitchen. The staff came out with beers and smoked and drank not 15 feet from us. Some would leave the property with beers and them come back. The whole scene was strange. Our server was depressed, or Something. She did not check on us after she gave us the food. The food was okay, nothing special. When we paid she took about 15 minutes to return our change and credit cards. The members of our party were quite frustrated. When the server returned she set the checks in a pile on the table for us to sort out and walked away. I do not know if there was a manager around, but it looked like the classic, "when the cat is gone the nice will play" situation.

1  Thank Jennyrg

I understand that smoking may be an issue for people however we have outdoor seating and do allow customers to smoke in the outdoor area as well as we have our employees smoke behind the planter wall along the street since the car fumes will over take the smoke especially when the bridge is up! We have a very small place with no side or back area as it is a 0 lot line. We try to be very careful especially when children are around. I am sorry that this made for a bad visit. As for employees drinking yes they are permitted once they are off and they do not leave the property!! Employees must use the door by the kitchen area when exciting as this helps with congestion at our very small front door. We have an employee bathroom in our storage building at the end of the property which perhaps is what you are referring to (leaving the property). We ask our employees on and off the clock to use that facility since we have only 1 bathroom for men and 1 for women and don't want our patrons to wait. As for your server being depressed I would not be qualified in this area to agree or disagree. However I am sorry that she did not check on your table and this will be addressed as well as always smiling and being friendly in order to prevent this assumption. We have made a change to the smoking section so everyone can enjoy their visit. Our new NON Smoking section will be on the west side of the building and smoking section will be on the east by the street "if they can smoke the fumes shouldn't bother them" I hope you will reconsider visiting us again!! Thank you for taking the time to visit and review us as it helps us to grow and correct any issues that arise.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I ordered just the most american thing...a burger medium and fries. I am sure the fries were cooked in old grease and the burger...well it was way past well done...tough. Too bad it's a nice setting and the inside is decdent...food just not there. Too bad in a great spot.

1  Thank flabeachy

I wish I would have known about this at the time and we would have made you another burger cooked correctly. We can make corrections immediately if we are aware of the issue at the time as this could be the server entering temps incorrectly, taking the wrong burger or the chefs error. By letting us now gives us a chance to please our customer and correct whom ever made the mistake. Finding out a week later does not give us a chance to please you!! We keep our fryers very clean so I can guarantee you the fry oil is not old!! I am sorry you did not enjoy your food and wish you would have given us a chance to please you!! Thank you for taking the time to review us and hope you will try us again