“Very Nice”

Coconut Palms Beach Resort II
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Clean, safe and quiet, for starters. Nicely maintained, well-appointed and cordial staff made my Getaway Week excellent. Included was in-room WiFi, a nice bonus.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Beaker48

Reviewed 8 January 2012

Up on a hill, private beach, nice enough rooms but overpriced for a timeshare property with pay washing machines and dryers. Activity director was gr8, water aerobics and spa package with beauti control rep.

Room Tip: ask for ocean view. private access to beach with chairs for clients within fence. two pools outdoor...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank chrisplusdtr
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed in a town home with an attached efficiency (Second floor - 4210 A&B), which can be opened to form adjoining spaces. The entire building is undergoing a complete renovation and unfortunately, our units were not yet renovated. Therefore, our space contained old furnishings and appliances. Still, everything worked okay and having a furnished kitchen was nice. The furniture wasn’t very comfortable, but by folding out the living room sofa-bed and using the bedroom pillows, we made a cozy lounge area for watching TV. My biggest complaint is that the water heater is turned down so low that the hottest shower I could manage was about 90 degrees and the towels were thin and short. But we came for the beach and local ambiance, and this is a great location for both. The stairs outside our room led down to the pool and out to the beach. The main entrance is a block from Flagler Avenue, the main area for car access to the beach and a whole string of great restaurants, shops and bars. When you walk in from the beach, there is a unique washing station to get the sand off your feet that works extremely well. There are two swimming pools, but only one is heated, so no one used the cold one. There are activities for guests Mon-Thurs and a poolside snack/rental shack when weather is nice. There was no housekeeping during our week's stay, but we could exchange towels twice a week.

Room Tip: Tip 1: Ask for a room that has been renovated. The best rooms have a direct ocean view, but those on...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank BonSue
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I was a little afraid of staying here based on some of the reviews. There is a mixture of good and bad so I was prepared for the worst. We had exchanged through trading places and stayed at Coconut Palms II @ 611 Atlantic Ave. The building is the main blue building. We were there from October 14-21st and this was during the Biketoberfest. I first want to say a big thankyou to Tara that helped with our room accomodations. The room that we were originally booked to stay in was not going to work for us. She was very understanding, patient and was able to switch our room even though all of the rooms were booked. THANKYOU SO MUCH TARA! I also want to thank Frankie because she was alway very nice on the phone (and I called a lot) and was very postivie.
We stayed in room 4302. This was on the third floor, one bedroom, south side of the building in the T shape part. The balcony was very long and faced the ocean. The bedroom had a sliding glass door that went out onto the balcony and the living room had a sliding glass door as well. Our unit had a new kitchen with granite counter tops, new black appliances, bathroom had granite counter top as well. There was carpet in the bedroom but the rest of the unit was tile floor. The carpet was worn but not bad. There were ceiling fans in the bedroom and living room but the one in the bedroom had a bad shake to it. The shower head in the bathroom was terrible so maybe these will get replaced eventually. The kitchen was supplied with dishes, pans, glasses, utensils ( and the flatware was nice and heavy) baking sheets, blender,toaster etc. There was a flat screen TV in the living room but a regular older tv in the bedroom. The bed was ok but not unbearable. I loved being on the south side of the building. There is the parking lot that you look over but I still like this better than the north side because there is alot of open space and you don't feel cramped.
We had wireless internet and it worked perfectly for me all week. There are 2 ocean front pools and they were kept very clean. There was also a small playground right on the beach with grills. This was very nice. Overall I was very pleased with my stay. I will stay here again. The thing to remember is this is not the Plaza Hotel. So if that is what you are expecting and reviews are negative because expectations are for a high class place then I don't believe that is very fair to the resort. If you want a clean, comfortable place that is right on the beach, a staff that is very helpful and kind, a place where you can walk to shops and be on the beach within 30 seconds then I recommend this place. I know there are other buildings that one can stay in but I can only give my opinion on the main building and the room that I stayed in. Based on that our stay was wonderful.

Room Tip: Find out which building you are in. They are not all the same quality and views.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank seahorse5175
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We stayed at Coconut Palms II @ 611 Atlantic Ave in October for Biketoberfest (motorcycle rally... for thoes that don't know what that is). It was a little far from all the activities in Daytona, but gave us a chance to get some riding in.
This was a time share exchange for us. We saw quiet a few people in for time share presentations while we were there, but we were never asked to come to one.
The resort itself was wonderful. We stayed in 4310 A&B, which is a two bedroom, two bath unit with a full kitchen. There was plenty of room for the 4 people staying there. It had a large balcony off the living room and one of the bedrooms.
The exterior of the building was being painted while we were there, which was a little annoying having the cranes take up parking spaces and making a lot of noise during the day, but it was tollerable. Furnishings in the room seemed pretty new and were more than adequate.
There were two ocean front pools that were large and beautiful. Pool towels were also provided.
We loved the resort and New Smyrna Beach. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank Melody R
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We booked at Coconut Palms, (Oct.16 -20, 2011), based on the beautiful pictures of high rise oceanview rooms for both CP1 or CP2. We were put in a building called Pineapple Palms, which is a 3 unit building which also houses the main laundry. The Pineapple Palms is located across the street, has no pool, and no oceanview, and our view consisted of a parking lot that serves as overflow for the oceanview rooms. Thus our view was mostly pickup trucks with enclosed motorcyle trailers. We tried driving to the main building to use the pool (whose pool heaters were all broke) and their lobby which is the only place for WiFi connectivity and usually had trouble finding parking. Since we weren't an owner, but, a timeshare presentation booking - we couldn't move, or get concessions. Obviously, we didn't buy a timeshare.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ken H
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I stayed here for a week from 10/1 to 10/8. I was in a 1 Bedroom ocean view on the fourth floor. My condo was on the south side of the building with a great view of the beach.

There are some activities scheduled throughout the week, but I did not participate in any of them.

I had one of their newly remodeled condos. The remodel wasn't complete, but I had the new kitchen cabinets and appliances. There were granite counter tops and all new Kenmore appliances. There were also new flat-screen LCD TVs. I had the new living room sofa and chair. I saw the totally renovated condo on the second floor and the changes are amazing. They are planning on replacing the floors, and all the bedroom furniture too. My room didn't have any of those yet, though.

They have two computers in the lobby to use. I didn't use those since I had my laptop. I had decent connection from the room on the fourth floor. A couple of times during the week, the connection was so bad that I couldn't connect. But those times were only a couple of hours late at night.

The beds were a bit harder than some that I have had in other resorts, but I didn't mind them. I usually like a stiffer mattress for my back.

The resort is within walking distance of many restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank davelliott
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Smyrna Beach
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach
Islander Beach Resort
#6 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona

Been to Coconut Palms Beach Resort II? Share your experiences!