“almost empty”

Coconut Palms Beach Resort II
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We spent a week here after buying a sampler package from them last year. Required us to go to another time share presentation. Recently taken over by Festiva who would not honor the promises of previous owners. The building was empty except for us and one other couple. The elevator broke down on our last day there and had to go up 3 flights of stairs. Called front desk who said they would get back to us and did not. Called the second time and someone came to fix the elevator. Wi Fi is still inconsistent in the Royal Palms building we stayed in. The good things are that it is on the beach. Condo requires some updating.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank coolecg

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We wanted something BEAUTIFUL.. nice relaxing beach, with interesting places to explore. WOW! The rooms are gorgeous. We loved the layout/landscaping outside, with the unbelievable pool and expansive BEACH close at hand. Bring your camera!
Staff was very friendly and helpful! They can tell you about all the TASTY, beautiful,1st rate restaurants. Don't miss visiting the Volusia County Parks. It is also good to see DeBary Hall historic site, the Lyonia Environmental Center, and Marine Science Center on Lighthouse Drive at Ponce Inlet. LUV Coconut Palms 2!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ArtsyTrips
Reviewed 18 December 2013

When I reserved my room at Coconut palms 2 resort I looked at room pictures and amenities. I have traveled a lot in 2013 and know that pictures on the internet often don't match with reality. Checking in I was notified that I was staying in what I believe was Royal Palms resort a few building away from Coconut 2, which they owned. This trip was during Thanksgiving. We planned on cooking our food and turkey in the room. We reserved a 2 bedroom condo and was told it had a full kitchen. Since it was in another building these rooms had only a convection oven which wouldn't work. Everything turned out beneficial because the manager upgraded us to a 3 bedroom which had a regular oven! The room was nice, a little outdated but were not picky. Great view of the beach. Very quiet during this time we barely seen anyone on our floor. Beds were not so comfortable. Overall it was a great trip. Nice and quiet area. Walgreens, 7-11 and a Publix right around the corner. Room did have a flat screen tv in the living room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mrkicks
Reviewed 13 December 2013

It was my daughter beach wedding, and this Resort was the perfect place to be before and after the wedding! We got a 2 bed 2 bath apt, perfect for all of us! and the morning of the wedding, waking up looking at the gorgeous view and then getting my coffee from my daughter before she got dress was priceless! Great accommodation, clean, excellent customer services, great location! Definitely we will come back!

Room Tip: Always higher floors with the ocean view!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank redbirdsong
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I have stayed here before, had a two bedroom condo. We had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 balconies, a living room and full kitchen. our views were beautiful, the ocean just a few steps away, and the pools are great. it is in a great location, not far from the main roads and close to many restaurants, I would say they are all within walking distance. After reading all the reviews below I just cant bare to believe the things that are being said and it makes me wonder if the people staying here are the ones that go around just trying to find something to complain about. Truly stay here it may be a bit dated but the beds are comfy, it has a great location, the staff are always friendly and helpful, and it is clean. I could be wrong but when I am on vacation I do not stay in my room for the duration of my trip, I am out and about enjoying the surroundings.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Aleska J
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Checked in with low expectations after reading the mediocre reviews. Initially disappointed when front desk assigned us a bungalow. In spite of the very small bedroom and bathroom wasn't all that bad for the price. As MVSC owners, everything is a tough act to follow. This resort has an excellent friendly staff including the front desk and Maintenance who arranged to have our broken TV replaced with a flat panel promptly and the Activities Director who in spite of the inclement weather helped us enjoy poolside! The location is one of our favorite in Florida. I would definitely consider returning.

Room Tip: We only saw the bungalow and it was small but adequate. The only downside was it wasn't as clean...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunshine5004
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We really enjoyed this place. Pretty laid back, but still a nice resort. Granted we are use to a lot of 5 star resorts, but they can be stuffy. I would rate this as a 4 star with friendly staff which would bring it to a 5 star. If your looking for a family friendly resort this is the one.

Room Tip: I believe most of the rooms face the ocean to some aspect. So I would say they are all good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank denisema
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Smyrna Beach
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach
Islander Beach Resort
#6 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona

Been to Coconut Palms Beach Resort II? Share your experiences!