“Dirty” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Maine
“Dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Upon our arrival I found someone else's underwear in plain view. The blanket that was folded in the closet had a fresh food spot on it. Then my son almost stepped on a needle that was on the floor in his bedroom. Every other guest I spoke with had several complaints about odor and cleanliness. The housekeeping staff tried to blame me for the dirty blanket. When I went to exchange my towels during the allotted time there was no one there. The WiFi service there does not work unless you're on the second floor lobby. To say the least I'm very disappointed in the services that I experienced.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Oakwood, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

The location can't be beat but the rooms were really bad. They had small kitchens, small beds, completely uncomfortable pull out couches. Small bathrooms. I would recommend New Smyrna but not this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Debra G

Travellers are raving about these New Smyrna Beach hotels

Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

There is no internet. It indicates online that there is free internet, but that is false. I called before making my reservation (booked 5 months in advance and had to pay in full) and asked if there was internet and I was told there was. When I got to the property I found out right away that there was no service. I asked to speak to the manager about the issue and I have yet to be contacted. Don't believe everything you read about this property.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank T R
Salem, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Wife and I came here looking for a little better deal on spring break week. Found this place at a reasonable price online. For starters I purchased an ocean view room, while one could argue this is an ocean view, I would say the ocean is about 5% of my view, the rest is an ugly parking lot. We were placed in the Beach Resort 2 building, the same we checked in at. Immediately the front desk clerk told us that the wifi wasn't working right and had issues. This was a huge issue for me as I am setup to work remotely and have to have solid wifi. I was able to tether my phone luckily, but use a significant amount of data.

This was my first time renting a room in a "condo"/"timeshare", I was really put off by the constant barrage of sales pitches going on everywhere. We got corralled once, the sales lady tried to reel us in by acting interested in where we were from, etc then led into a timeshare pitch. We politely said no thanks. For what we paid to stay here I don't appreciate the sales pitches.

The gym is a joke, located on 3rd floor and has 3 machines in it. The pools are nice and one was heated. I had some issues with our suite also. The ventilation fan in the bathroom has a dryer vent style flapper on it outside, it constantly creaked and slammed close during the night, especially if it was windy. The grout in the shower looked really dirty and worn.

During our 5 day stay I found a number of insects also in the room. Very tiny ants in both the bathroom and kitchen area. I also was staring at a huge roach at a 1:30 am bathroom break, disgusting.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bob3219
Central, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we were not able to come at the last min. My daughter's baby has not came yet. So I called front desk and was informed that we could not rent out our two bedroom to anyone without a guest certificate. Guess what? Owner services are closed on weekend, and there is no way we can get a certificate today. So basically, our family members and no one will be permitted into our room until we can call member services on Mon and get a certificate for them. I talked to member services on Friday and was not told this. So because of COCONUT PALM'S POLICY, WE LOSE.

THANKS ALOT! YOU BUNCH OF RIP OFFS

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cynthia C
OKAWVILLE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We spent a week here after buying a sampler package from them last year. Required us to go to another time share presentation. Recently taken over by Festiva who would not honor the promises of previous owners. The building was empty except for us and one other couple. The elevator broke down on our last day there and had to go up 3 flights of stairs. Called front desk who said they would get back to us and did not. Called the second time and someone came to fix the elevator. Wi Fi is still inconsistent in the Royal Palms building we stayed in. The good things are that it is on the beach. Condo requires some updating.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank coolecg
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

We wanted something BEAUTIFUL.. nice relaxing beach, with interesting places to explore. WOW! The rooms are gorgeous. We loved the layout/landscaping outside, with the unbelievable pool and expansive BEACH close at hand. Bring your camera!
Staff was very friendly and helpful! They can tell you about all the TASTY, beautiful,1st rate restaurants. Don't miss visiting the Volusia County Parks. It is also good to see DeBary Hall historic site, the Lyonia Environmental Center, and Marine Science Center on Lighthouse Drive at Ponce Inlet. LUV Coconut Palms 2!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple