“Average timeshare, but we keep coming back”

Coconut Palms Beach Resort II
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
California
“Average timeshare, but we keep coming back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have stayed at Coconut Palms 1 three times before, but this was our first at CBP2.
Turned out we were assigned to the Royal Palms three buildings south. No problem, our expectations were low. Yes the wi-fi is non existant. But our 2 room condo had all we needed and the location is convenient for New Smyrna. Royal Palms is actually quieter and less active than the main building, Coconut Palms 2. But note, parking is terrible! We often had to park across the street at the Pineapple Palms.

Room Tip: Interval timeshare trade is as advertised... Ocean view with nice beach.
1 Thank Lee-and-Baby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Worcester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I am currently staying at Coconut Palms II, and was quite worried after reading some reviews on this sight. First of all I am in the main building, with a unit on the 3rd & 4th floor. Both units get WIFi no problem. I had told my two 13 year old girls that there was not going to be any internet here, so when we were told there was internet it made for some very happy teens. We have two 1 bedroom units, the 4th floor unit is a corner unit with a full ocean view but seems smaller than our 3rd floor unit with a partial ocean view. Both units are clean and work for our needs. The kitchens are stocked, but they are sparse on glasses, plates ect ( 4 of each ). The 2 pools are nice & clean and the beach is right here and very nice. I booked these as "getaways" through interval at a very good price and feel I am getting good value for my money. I saw some complaints about parking, but I have not had a problem and I have been moving my car several times a day as I am driving the kids back and forth to Space Camp. I have found the staff to be polite and helpful. We had a minor maintenance issue and it was resolved in under 10 minutes. I did try to get quarters from the front desk yesterday to do laundry and they did not have any so I suggest you come with a roll or 2. Overall I would say this is a great place for a family vacation, and if the girls want to go to camp again next summer we will be back.

1 Thank lucynoelle
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

after reading the previous reviews on the place I was worried...Upon first impression, the place is nice. We had a partial ocean view. One bedroom. Clean comfortable room. THE WIFI WORKED. Only minor issues with the rooms was that the little kitchen in the room didn't have enough plates or cooking utensils (no pizza cutter or scissors) and the toilet didn't like to flush when needed. The pools are nice and clean. Tiki bar was awesome and convenient

here's my negative part....besides only having 3 washing machines and 3 dryers for the whole facility, and not having toilet tissue when we asked the front desk twice...the big negative was the staff. Maybe all but 2 ladies at the front desk were nice. I've never dealt with so many rude or unfriendly people working in hotels in my life. The folks you go get new sheets and towels from acted like we was inconveniencing them...by just asking for clean sheets. That's really the only disappointing part about our stay, but its a huge one and we will more than likely not be returning because of this.

2 Thank Islandgal904
Glen Burnie, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We booked a one bedroom unit at the Coconut Palms Beach Resort II through Interval. We checked in on Saturday night and we were given a bungalow which I was hoping would be really nice as it wasn't in the high rise buildings. We found our bungalow and we were very disappointed.

The kitchen was supposed to have a full size oven but all we had was a cooktop and a convection microwave. The sink was half the size of a regular sink more like a sink in a wet bar. The dining room table was right in front of the bathroom and our bedroom contained a bed and a TV with cabinets on either side of the bed. Washing and drying clothes was 3.00 a load.

We had traded a luxury one bedroom with washer and dryer for this? Went back to the front desk and requested we be moved to another unit in the high rise. We explained that we really needed an oven. They said they were sorry but we couldn't be moved as all the units were full.

In the morning I realized that the view in the bedroom was the lattice fence. Our patio was the area in front of the door and you couldn't even tell you were at the beach. We also didn't have wi-fi which was advertised in their brochure. My husband went to the lobby to get on his computer and noticed people checking in. He asked if we could have one of the rooms available and they could put someone else in our unit. They told him this was not possible as these were Sunday rentals not Saturday.

We were so frustrated I called Interval and they were able to find us a two bedroom condo with a washer and dryer in Orlando. There were no vacancies along the beaches. We decided to move and checked out.

I felt that management just didn't care about us or our needs. We had booked this way in advance. We ever stopped there in April while traveling just to see what this place looked like and the receptionist was very nice and showed is a unit in the high rise building. I don't know what the problem was but I will never go back to the Coconut Palms Beach Resort II,

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
13 Thank Diane D

Travellers are raving about these New Smyrna Beach hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Best part of this place is the beach! Too expensive for what you get otherwise. Pools are nice too. People (staff) could have been nicer, friendlier. Last time here. We traveled here a year ago checking out the time share. Meanwhile a new company bought out the one we were with. So checking in this year, we had to wait 20 minutes for them to find us a room after having reservations for months. Friends didn't want to come with us this year because they said there were no 2 bedrooms available. Lots of empty rooms while were here though.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LMW623
Lutz, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We have been going here every summer for ten years. The location is terrific, the staff is friendly, the beaches clean and expansive, and the two pools are well maintained. The rooms are good but not world-class; however, they are more than comfortable and quiet. Only small complaint would be that the WiFi is totally unreliable but we don't go to the beach to live on the computer. Overall, I recommend this facility especially to families. We enjoy this every year and plan to continue to do so.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Brian J
Bolingbrook, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I are going to be staying herein August for our 10 year anniversary. We been reading a good amount of the reviews and we are both excited about staying here. We are also taking into account the reviews that werent as promising. But all in all, we plan on doing all we can to make this a great rip. My question is, we have read that the 1 bedrooms units are nice, little small, but better than the bigger units. And for the most part, seen that the bungalows were good too. I seen that we can call down and request a bungalow and most of the time, they will give you one of available. We would like to know is it better to stay in the bungalows or the 1 room units? Thanks all for your help and we are looking forward to staying there. (we had to do the ratings but wont be there until August just to post this question so we went by gut feeling from the reviews we read...lol....)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple