“Springbreak 2012”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Coastal Waters Inn

Coastal Waters Inn
“Springbreak 2012”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Our family is from Florida and have spent many a night in various classes of hotels, bed and breakfast, resorts. This springbreak we were looking for a quick getaway.

I booked this place online last minute and there was not alot of options because of springbreak. We tried to check in early but were told our was room was not ready - no big deal. However, we were not encouraged to hang out by the pool until we had checked in. Then we were promised a call when the room was ready. We chilled at the beach till 3 and received no call. Frustrating. If you don't do early check in just say so, don't leave someone with two kids hanging. Especially after you tell them they can't hang out at the pool till the room is ready or have access to a bathroom. That's never happened to us before.

After check in...things worked out. Place is older and somewhat clean. By no means updated but not a dump. The rooms smelled like smoke so make sure you ask for non-smoking. Kitchen with pans/stuff,fridge, typical suite style room- decent space. The grounds are clean. No elevator, no lobby, no hot tub, but pool is nice and grills to. Of course on the beach, which was great. So despite a poor reception the stay was worth the money. However, if you are looking for a more modern hotel this is not it. Think old Florida hotels with fresh paint and solid basics.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank ecotripper73
kdnsb, General Manager at Coastal Waters Inn, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
We thank you for taking a few moments to write a review about your stay at Coastal Waters Inn. I apologize if the check-in process was not as smooth as it could have been. We are a relatively small complex and during "Spring Break" we are completely full of families enjoying the beach and our facilities, which, is why we can not normally accommodate guests hanging out by the pool prior to them being checked into their rooms. We want to make sure our guests that are departing, as well as, checking in are as comfortable as possible, without any extra traffic.

We are pleased to know that your time with us was enjoyable, other than your intial check-in and we hope to see you again the next time you visit New Smyrna Beach area.

Thank you again for your business and taking the time to share your experience.

Mgmt.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
W Stockholm, NY
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We can not say enough good about our recent stay at the Coastal Waters Inn. The rooms are not huge but are so clean and fresh. The walls appeared to be recently painted. The bathroom is small but has a good sized shower (we are both bigger people). The pool was always pristine and so were the grounds. Loved getting the newspaper every morning right at the door! Thank you so much for all of your employees, especially the housekeepers. Your rates are fantastic. We were a little concerned about your place when we booked ahead and you only needed one night paid for in advance. We would definitely recommend your place to anyone. Loved hearing the waves at night!

Room Tip: Remember there aren't any elevators.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Philip W
evanston
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Our family recently stayed at Coastal Waters, and based on some of the older reviews we were quite nervous. However, we had two newly renovated connecting rooms and we were very happy. The outside was freshly cleaned and painted, our rooms were newly updated, and a painting crew was working on other rooms while we were there. The pool was spotlessly clean. The staff is super friendly and the kitchen appliances were very clean. The location is good--right on the beach and not far from Flagler to the north and the part of the beach where there are no cars to the south. As other reviewers have noted, the property is older so the rooms are on the smaller side, but we slept comfortably and were happy to be able to have the kitchen to have breakfast food.

Room Tip: ask if you will be in an updated room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank steve L l
Cleveland
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My family and I stayed at Coastal Waters Inn for a week and it was the best value we found in the area. Under $800 for a 1 bedroom condo suite and the building is directly on the ocean. The property is older, however, the room was spotless and all of the staff we met were very friendly. We enjoyed being able to walk right down to the beach and you can even see the beach from the pool area. Looks like they were finishing up painting the exterior of the building, which looks good and fresh. We also liked the fact that our room had a kitchen, since we did eat-in a few nights during our week, which was nice. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance and many more within a 5 minute drive. Flagler avenue for shopping was less than 10 minute drive too. I will definately consider this property again in the future.

Room Tip: Request ground floor, if you don't do stairs well. There is no elevator. Building is shaped in...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Joseph N
St. George's, Grenada
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My husband and I were on vacation in Florida and spent 3 nights in Orlando and 3 nights in New Smyrna Beach. At first I was a bit apprehenisve about the Coastal Waters Inn, since it was the last available place to live and there were no images of the rooms etc. Needless to say, we were pleasantly surprised at how homely and convenient the Inn turned out to be. It was extremely comfortable and had all the amenities a home away from home can have. We were able to save a lot of money on food as we were able to cook our own meals and lounge around the living area as if we were at home. I will highly recommend this inn to anyone wanting a comfortable vacation. The decor was very caribbean and quite becoming!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rona M
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I had to temporarily move out of my house, due to mold issues. Funny, I'd been wanting a mini vacation on the beach all summer. Coastal Waters was the only small hotel in the area, that actually answered their phone, otherwise, I would have stayed elsewhere. I'm glad they did. For value, location and convenience, I rate this hotel very highly. The staff was friendly, except for the one time I locked myself out of the room. The on call person was clearly put out. Also, there was no maid service my last day there. I attribute that to the fact that I kept changing my mind about staying. I originally was going to stay one night. I ended up staying 4. I'm told I'll have to move out during remodeling. I WILL, be going back to Coastal Waters.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank catqueene
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2011

The first thing I noticed when I opened the door with a key smiliar to a house key was that their was an overwhelming scent of cheap perfume and dirty socks in the hotel room. After the strong cheap perfume scent subsided, the room just smelled like dirty socks. Since my husband and I were down for the Space Shuttle Launch all of the hotels were nonvacant for miles. So I decided to suck it up and stay my two nights there. I have traveled a lot and this by far has been the worst and most disgusting hotel stay I have ever experienced.

The sheets were sticky and hot. The a/c worked poorly. The toilets were dirty. And everything it the hotel room was filthy. The beach is insane with all of the cars and trucks driving on it. Not to mention they have had numerous children killed on the beach due to crazy drivers running them over.

The price of the hotel was $129.00 per night and I have to say that it isn't even worth $30 dollars per night. They have a Walmart and a few restaurants near by but no Starbucks for miles.

In conclusion, I will never say at this hotel ever again. From now on a hotel that doesn't have decent photos of their rooms will forever be a red flag for me.

Room Tip: Make sure the hotel you choose is at least 3 stars!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple