“Quality, Cleanliness, and Location”
Review of Buena Vista Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Smyrna Beach
Buena Vista Inn
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Lady Lake, Florida
“Quality, Cleanliness, and Location”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed here for 12 days and didn't want to leave. Kayaked right from the backyard on the inter coastal waterway. Biked to the beach for sunrises. Walked to great restaurants. Felt like it was home...all at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Try to get a room which backs up to the river.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Brian H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My wife and i came down from Jacksonville Beach for a couple days in mid-January and had a great time. Cute little property, very clean and quiet. We enjoy stand up paddleboarding and were able to walk right out back and put into to the river so easily. We'll be back often.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard A
Greer
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I was looking forward to staying at this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews, but it turned out to be a big let down. It should have been a clue when the NO REFUND FOR EARLY DEPARTURE sign was posted on the refrigerator. The "apartments" are smaller than Residence Inn suites and the kitchen is tiny. There is no housekeeping service so you need to turn in and get new towels and sheets whenever you can find someone in the office. The heating system is ancient albeit quiet - it's in the ceiling. Heating up was slow and cooling down was slow so it was hard to regulate. The bed was rock hard. Neither my husband nor I slept well. I don't think it was a good value. I had trouble communicating with the owners as some other customers have mentioned in other reviews. I am in my 60s, a retired nurse and used to dealing with all types of people so am not sure what the problem was. Just don't ask any questions or you're treated like an idiot.
We kissed $200 good-by and went to stay in a La Quinta in another town. Not the most luxurious hotel in the world, but it felt like 5 stars after our stay at the Buena Vista.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kathryn G
edgar20, Owner at Buena Vista Inn, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
I am sorry this guest did not come to the office or call me at our office number to help them. Office number is posted on all refrigerators in the rooms.
All 7 our other rooms were rented for the time these guest were here. There were no complains about our king beds or how to control the heat. If I am not told of a problem. The problem can't be fixed.
Kathy
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband and I come to New Smyrna Beach a couple of times a year to visit our son and his family. We have been looking for a place that we could rent for a few days or a week and one that would welcome pets. Our daughter-in-law suggested that we try Buena Vista Inn. We booked the little apartment directly through them and were very pleased when we checked in last Thursday, October 10th. This place is perfect for us - within walking distance of our family - and a wonderful location for dining and shopping. We felt at home the moment we walked through the door. It was clean, comfortable and we had our own little patio and chairs out back. We stayed there until Monday and truly did not want to leave our little "home". We will absolutely book our stay there for our next visit and this time we will bring our dog - she will love it!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Diane B
Land O Lakes, Florida
Reviewed 15 October 2013

What a wonderful treat. A small quaint beach hotel. It brought back memories of "Old Florida".
The kitchen in the apartment was full equipped -micro, full sized refrigerator, coffee pot, toaster- with everything that you needed to make it feel like home. The king size bed was so comfy Cannot say enough about how clean the place was. Kathy & Bob, the owners, were most accommodating and a wealth of information about the area. Very much enjoyed sitting on the back porch in the morning and watching sunrise. Had fun watching the locals fishing from the pier out back. All in all one of the best vacation my husband and I have ever taken. We do know one thing we will be back again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pfalbert
Land O Lakes, Florida
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I stayed 4 nights. We found this hotel very clean and a fantastic value. I was able to walk out the back door of the unit to a fishing pier. Also behind the units is a playground. Chose to drive to Flagler ave stores but we could have walked. Will be retuning in the near future.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim G
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I wanted a great place to stay for our 30th anniversary but wanted something other than the routine franchise hotels at the beach. I cannot say what a wonderful choice the Buena Vista was!! The rooms were super clean and accommodating with everything we needed, We sat in the courtyard the first night we were there enjoying the great outdoor ambiance. The next night we walked just out back on the fishing pier watching the locals. We walked over the bridge to the many great shops and experienced several great restaurants thanks to the advice of the owner, who by the way lives on site and is available for anything you may need. Our experience was wonderful and plan on going back as soon as possible as well as sending family members! Thanks to all for a special anniversary trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a patio!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple