“Great dog friendly quaint motel”
Review of Buena Vista Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Smyrna Beach
Buena Vista Inn
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Lake City, Florida
“Great dog friendly quaint motel”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had a wonderful time at Buena Vista Intercoastal Inn, adjacent to a beautiful little park right on the Intercoastal Waterway. You can throw the ball for your pooch or visit the two fishing piers which are great to fish from or sit at. I couldn't get over how accommodating they were of our dog. The motel is a 50's gem, absolutely spotless with a a pretty little garden, What a find!

Room Tip: One of the larger ones.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sandy L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Garland, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I used to live in NSB and still have family there, including my 89 yr old dad, so when we learned Dad was making arrangements for end-of-life care thru the local hospice, i wanted to be there as much as I possibly could. I had to leave my husband and home, 3 dogs and 3 cats, but it was important to me to be able to bring my miniature Schnauzer for companionship. The Buena Vista met all my needs for comfort, convenience, and pet friendliness, but ended up being so much more!

Innkeepers Kathy & Bob worked with me to find dates I could stay, and I am still going back and forth from NC to Fla. It's been a blessing to find such a warm, clean and comfortable place to stay during this trying time. The adjacent park is a great place to walk Ridley Bean and nearby Flagler Ave is a fun diversion for shopping or eating. Kathy has been particularly empathetic and supportive, sharing with me her similar experiences with an elderly family member.

The Inn is charming, a uniquely Florida beach town motel and a great place to stay, whether for a fun vacation or because you must spend time away from home during a sad time in your life. If Buena Vista can help ease that kind of stress, you know it's a great place to stay for anyone anytime!

Room Tip: If you have a dog with you, get a room with a back door out to Buena Vista Park! Also, rooms farth...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Valerie L
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This charming hotel is a wonderful place to stay. Bedding and towels were clean and crisp, room paint and white wicker were fresh and clean. I had comfortable chairs out the back door with a view of the causeway and pelicans and park with a cute child's play area, or I could go out the front door and enjoy a picnic in the well-tended garden with picnic tables, a gas grill for guest use, and bright mini lights at night. WhIle many hotels offer a coffee maker and a microwave, this one also had a small fridge with a good sized freezer big enough to hold a few microwave dinners so I could spend more time enjoying the beautiful Florida weather. Thoughtfully provided were napkins, dishtowels, even salt and pepper on a dinette table. Price was very reasonable for the area. I hope to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank C G
Glenview, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Cute old motel run uber professionally by a very nice couple in a great location. You dont want to stay by the honkey tonk of the beach strip. Great access to the water and the old part of town and the beach. When we arrived we were directed to restaurants and kayak/bike rentals that were perfect. Rooms are beautiful with galley type kitchens. Nice courtyard with grill and picnic tables and fountain. Also pet friendly which is huge for a lot of folks. Laundry is also available. Well worth it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Larry S
Schoharie, New York
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have stayed at the Buena Vista in the past, but unfortunately this year we had to cancel. I spoke with kathy and she was more than accommodating. I highly recommend the Buena Visa. The last time we visited, we brought 3 kayaks and put in the river right outside of our room. Paddling with the dolphins, how awesome is that! A short walk to Flagler Ave., with all of the shopping and restaurants, and a little further "the beach". The Buena Vista is a charming little gem with loads of privacy and personalized service with a garden area and yard. The rooms are clean and well maintained. I am so glad we found you. Thanks Kathy and Bob for being great hosts. See you again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank angelak804
Allentown, PA
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We are touring Florida with our 2 beagles. New Smyrna Beach is a lovely beach town. We stayed 3 days; next time we'll stay longer. There aren't many pet friendly hotels to pick from, but the Buena Vista Inn was perfect for us. Located adjacent to a little park, there was easy access for exercising the dogs. We don't need daily maid service so the lack of it didn't bother us. The owner is friendly and offered great dining recommendations. The property is clean. The location is great. It's an old place, but well-maintained.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank UDMom
Lady Lake, Florida
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed here for 12 days and didn't want to leave. Kayaked right from the backyard on the inter coastal waterway. Biked to the beach for sunrises. Walked to great restaurants. Felt like it was home...all at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Try to get a room which backs up to the river.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo