“Another Great Vacation!”
Review of Buena Vista Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Smyrna Beach
Buena Vista Inn
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Wow.....this is my 4th year staying at Buena Vista Inn! Every year it gets better and better.....Bob, Kathy & Bret are so very nice and helpful with everything. While staying at Buena VIsta it feels like home:) The rooms are clean and very comfortable to live in.....everything you would need for your visit is there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lisa H

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My fiancee and I had the pleasure of staying at this lovely inn this past weekend. I prefer small inns/hotels for stays away from home. The inn is very convenient to the beach, restaurants and shopping. Owners, Kathy and Bob, are truly delightful. They are very friendly and take excellent care of their beautiful inn. We will return very soon.

Room Tip: The inn offers both motel rooms as well as apartments. I prefer the apartment style. But, every one...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Monique9782013
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I am working in Central Florida and had my husband here for a short visit. Neither of us had ever been to the Atlantic and wanted a nice get away before he had to leave. This place is a jewel of a find that I will hopefully find my way back to again and again. Not only did we have a great time we found it a great place to bring our two small pets. Easy access to everything and right on the causeway with a great little park for walking the dogs. We did not meet Bob and Kathy personally but Bret was great in meeting our every need and helping us get acquainted with the area. The suite was bright, attractive and very clean and inviting. We got a free upgrade into the suite due to someone wanting a room for a week. I can not say enough positive things. A real keeper on my lists of places to stay and my only choice for New Smyrna Beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TexanTwosome
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Checked out early - Yes we saw the No Refund signs - after being treated in a nasty and inhospitable manner, as if we were invading someone's space and not as paying guests! Male owner rude, nasty and sarcastic, and contentious. Room air stale, bathroom cramped with no ventilation, and dark and tomb like when shower curtain closed. So grimy, we had to wear shoes the whole time, even in the shower. Jokingly named the place Motel Hell, but it it was no joke. They overcharged me, and we left with insect bites from head to toe as a souvenir. My daughter and I travelled across country from California, and this was hands down the Worst experience.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else perhaps.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Crosscountry1315
edgar20, Owner at Buena Vista Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

I have called this guest twice , but so far have not been able to speak to her. Our refund policies are posted on our refrigerators with other important information about us plus our phone number. We have a window in all of our baths, which is a code in this county. I hope this guest will check our web site for rates which will show she was not over charged. Our tax here is 12 1/2 %. By the way new floors were put down in all our rooms in May 2014.
I will agreed the shower need a see through shower curtain. I will take care of this asap

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Clean, quiet, comfortable, and convenient, plus they take cats as guests!! My husband and I enjoyed our stay in a one bedroom apartment in this old FL style hotel. The courtyard is charming. Close to restaurants, the beach, and all activities.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Cindi B
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just got back from 3 days and 2 nights here staying in Unit #3. Very centrally located. Short drive to nice pet-friendly Smyrna Dunes Park on the Inter-coastal Waterway. Located next to a park on the water that had play ground equipment, so it was nice to walk there and to go out on the piers and great if you are traveling with kids.. Saw large dolphin school right from shore. They do keep the rooms and grounds impeccably clean. Comfortable bed that seemed very clean. Hard surface flooring everywhere except the bedroom. Would like to see them change to all hard surface, no carpeting. The kitchen was well-appointed and everything was nice and clean. The only down side to the entire stay would be that other than a comfortable bed, there was not one comfortable piece of furniture to sit on in the entire unit. Futon/sofa was as hard as a rock. Club chair was worn out and you literally dropped to the floor when you sat down. The dinette area had 3 chairs. The backs are so straight and the seats so small that it was impossible to be comfortable even for a quick meal. I'd stay here again, but I'd be sure to bring folding camp chairs so I'd have a decent place to sit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a back door to the park if you have a dog or kids with you. Makes it so con...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth D
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had a one night stay - which they usually don't do, but were nice enough to accommodate us. It was not a vacation stay, but a moving houses and need a place to stay for the night situation.

Well, once checked in, I wished it was vacation! The cutest courtyard, most adorable retro style rooms and so super clean! I wanted to stay for a week!

If you are looking for the best "real" old Florida style hotel rooms - this is it! Location is perfect, rooms are super clean and nicely decorated and great courtyards to enjoy the weather. Cant say enough great things about this Inn - it's just great!

Room Tip: only 8 rooms and all are adorable (at least that what other guests mentioned to me in the courtyard...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank gypsybluegirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Smyrna Beach
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
#1 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach
Islander Beach Resort
Islander Beach Resort
#6 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Port Orange-Daytona, FL

Been to Buena Vista Inn? Share your experiences!