“Extremely Rude and Obnoxious Owners”
Review of Buena Vista Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Smyrna Beach
Buena Vista Inn
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Bradenton
“Extremely Rude and Obnoxious Owners”
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I would never recommend staying in this inn because of the rudenss of the owners. It's hard to believe a small business can survive with such poor customer service. Rooms stink, air conditioning units contributed to health issues.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
8 Thank Gropius12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 March 2010

We stayed 2 nights here during Bike Week since we couldn't find a place in Daytona....and we are so glad we did. This place is pretty, comfortable, charming. The garden is very pretty. I only wish it had been warmer so we could have enjoyed it. In the evening, there are lights in the trees & fountain, making it very inviting & warm. We found we loved New Smyrna Beach. If & when we return, we'll definitely stay at Buena Vista. I might add the owner was very warm & friendly.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eileen G
Vancouver
Reviewed 27 December 2009

The Buena Vista Inn was a wonderful experiencee. It's right on the Intercoastal waterway, had a terrific garden, great (although small) kitchen and the folks running it were lovely. It was our first time, but we'll definitely be back next year.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
San Diego
Reviewed 17 July 2009

Wonderful please! We have a great time with my husband and my great dog, Mint. This is a great please for family, friends and pet owners. You have it all here great location, close to the beach, shops and in front of the Indian river, so you can fish like us. Hardly recommended.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 22 May 2007

When we called to make reservations in June of 2006, the owner was quite rude but we stayed and had a nice time. We did not have to deal with her because she and her husband were out of town during that visit.
I just spoke with her again to make reservations for this June and received the same smug, sarcastic treatment.
We have decided that we will not contact or stay here again due to the treatment we received.
We did enjoy the motel and grounds. It's a shame we will not be back.

• Liked — Very nice grounds and water close by
  • Disliked — The owners and the dated rooms
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Mamzelles
Pierson, Florida
Reviewed 29 November 2006

We have stayed at the Buena Vista numerous times over the past 2 years. The owners are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, neat and decorated in a 50/60's beachy motif with modern refrigerator, CATV, heating/cooling, some with kitchenettes. For a reasonable extra charge well behaved pets are accomodated. There is ample off street parking and the Flagler Ave business district with numerous great resturants and shops is just a short walk or drive across the bridge. The inn is right next to a great park and the Intercoastal River with docks for fishing and a playground/park with grills. The inn has a well kept courtyard where one can stretch out and relax away from the surrounding bustle.
The Inn fills up fast most weekends so reserve as early as possible. Rates are lower than most area inns. We have stayed in many of the motels in New Smyrna Beach and this one by far gives you the most bang for your buck.

• Liked — close to everything
  • Tips/Secrets — book early
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 20 October 2006

My family and I stayed at the Buena Vista Inn the weekend of Oct 6, 2006. The courtyard approach was adorable but the serpant lies within...The room gave a cottage feel and the musty odor to match. Not much room for three people either! The problem arose after my stay when the owner called to tell me I had been double charged and my acct' would be credited....you would think, great, no problem, thx for the call......not so! Now we all know to hold a room you need to leave a credit card#....not to be charged untill the day you leave right !! While we stayed at the beautiful town of New Smyrna Beach I used that credit card (debit card) to Dine, shop,etc. upon checkout I used another credit card to pay for my stay and left on Sunday afternoon.. Come to find out the owners Housekeeper charged my (hold) credit card on Saturday for 2 days of which I had only stayed one night at that point !!!!! Consequently....my spending.....and the housekeeper... put my card over the max and I had incurred multple overdraft charges of 35.00 dollars each !!! Uuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.... I notified the owner of the dilemma and the response was sorry......nothing I can do!!! I offered to send a copy of my bank acct' to show it was due to her housekeeper charging my acct' prematurely and still...I am sorry.....I can't help you!

Stay Away......Beware of Housekeeper!!!!

• Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank ibkfla