“New "New Smyrna Tradition"”

Abundant Health Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Abundant Health Day Spa is an awarding winning full service boutique day spa in the heart of charming New Smyrna Beach voted best Day Spa in the Star of the South awards for 2014 and 2015. We offer a range of services from massage, to facials, to nails to waxing and body treatments. We believe spa is the pathway to wellness and have created a journey for you to relax and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit. Appointments can be scheduled online at our website. Look to Abundant Health Day Spa for your wedding day with our Bridal Services including make-up and hair in-spa or on-site. A Bride should look and feel her most beautiful and radiant on her wedding day and we want to help achieve that. Visit our website for information and schedule your consultation.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I took my two daughter-in-laws for a spa day, and we have found our new vacation tradition! This is a fabulous spa. I had a facial with Katie, and it was magnificent. I have had many facials at luxurious resort spas, and none of them could compare to my experience at Abundant Health Day Spa. One of my daughters had a massage with Lynne, and she cannot stop raving about it. The other daughter had a manicure with Tabitha, and her nail art was gorgeous! Overall, we were very impressed, very relaxed, and can't wait for our next visit!

Thanks for a great experience.

1  Thank hld3
cindi f, Owner at Abundant Health Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

We are so happy you enjoyed your visit with us. We loved having you and look forward to seeing you again. Cindi

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I was impressed the moment I walked in the door. Clean, serene, calming. Nice. I had a package of mani/pedi/facial/massage. I started with my pedi and it was good. The girl was easy to talk to and quite thorough. I did note that she was not quick - but at this point I didn't mind. I settled in for a relaxing afternoon. Next, onto my mani. I decided on a French mani. I thought it was a bit strange when another girl passed by and corrected her on the polish she had chosen. I *think* it was lacquer not regular polish. Whatever - on we go. My mani was... Long, slow, sloppy and when she tried to make a correction, she had to redo the entire nail at the end. I started getting anxious as the service took a really long time and I had a friend watching my son... So I didn't ask her to clean up the edges or undersides of my nails which were COVERED with white tip polish - I resigned to doing it myself when I got home. We moved on to the massage room for my facial. I was still dressed in my street clothes with freshly painted nails and needed to undress - I dinged my "fixed" thumb taking my bra off and again, didn't have time to say I need it fixed. It would have been better to have had me change into a robe initially to avoid this. The facial was lovely - I am sure I had a nap. All of these services were done by the same girl. I had a massage by someone different. She came in and immediately turned the music up quite loud - well it was still peaceful music and in her defence, I didn't ask her to turn it down. Rather than running through the things that just weren't quite right in my opinion, I will just say that as a former massage therapist myself, the massage was unpolished and lazy at times. Often she would work with just one and the transitions were abrupt rather than peaceful / serene. I did have a therapeutic massage but it could have been much more polished. So, the final score : pedi and facial good. Mani terrible massage not great. I would explore another place given the opportunity. Perhaps it was an off day and I suspect the mani/pedi/facial girl wasn't a full time girl there. My two cents.

2  Thank gr8vac8tion
AbundantHealth, Owner at Abundant Health Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Good morning! First let me thank you for your review. While its always nice to receive 5 stars we learn the most from constructive criticism. Your review has prompted a review of the nail service as well as the robe protocol. Evidently an "off day" as the policy is for a robe and locker when starting a "spa day" unlesss the client refuses. Please contact me directly to allow me an opportunity to insure that all of your concerns are addressed. My direct email is ahdayspa@gmail.com. Again, I appreciate both your business and your time in preparing this thoughtful review? We can only coreect issues we know about. I welcome the opportunity to insure your satisfaction. - Laurie

Reviewed 10 July 2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE this spa.. When I stumbled upon the spa , I instantly fell in love, the staff is friendly & professional , and the atmosphere is so soothing it literally melts away "my stress level" .. my favorite pamper me time is to have a facial, the experience is second to none, what I really love is the they take extra time to provide you extras, extractions neck shoulder & arm massage.. I walk out like a wet noodle ! :) .. the other service I really enjoyed was the aqua vida detox foot bath .. lifelong fan of AHDAY Spa !

Reviewed 20 November 2012

I LOVE Abundant Health! The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and the services have been very high quality on a par with expensive spas at resort hotels, and for far less! I have had a full variety of services there over several visits and have never been less than thrilled. From gel polish manicures, to spray tanning, to facials and bikini waxes, they have beautified me in every way and I have left smiling. The atmosphere is so relaxing, you'll want to just hang out after your service to soak it in. I highly recommend!!

3  Thank Mary Anne B
Reviewed 13 November 2012

What a delightful experience. The staff at Abundant Health Day Spa are highly competent, professional, and well-trained. The variety of services offered is second to none. I will be a regular!

5  Thank Jean_T33