“Keep it light”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The café is tucked behind it's big Mexican brother Clancy's Cantina and has a wonderful menu of lighter fare that can be easily combined, added to or followed by dessert. Perfect for my lunch is the Quinoa Cucumber Salad followed by a flan.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Quaint, small, outside dog friendly. Went here twice and enjoyed pasta dishes, yucca fries, Brussel sprout appetizer, vegan tacos and veggie gyros. Yummy!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is a small restaurant located behind Clanceys Cantina. In fact I believe it's the same owners. Nice covered outdoor dining area as well as inside table and bar dining. The only alcohol served is beer, wine, & sangria. But the food......it is divine! I have to eat gluten free (husband does not) and our server made sure to check all my selections with the chef before placing my order. In fact since we were eating at the bar, everyone working behind the bar knew I was gluten free. Extra points for that! For an appetizer we had the shrimp and watermelon cerviche. I've never tasted anything like this. It was amazing. I had the Mahi Veracruz which was perfectly done.My husband had the Mahi fish taco which he declared very very good. They have 3 offerings for desert and we chose the Flourless Chocolate Cake. It too was a great choice. It was served cold with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Overall the entire experience was delicious.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Charming decor, inventive menu, reasonable prices. If you're in the mood for light, casual, sophisticated fare, this is a great choice. Not your typical Flagler Ave. scene.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have dined here many times for lunch, dinner and take-away. I have never been disappointed. The food is fresh and sometimes organic. Strict vegetarians (vegans) will find the staff knowledgeable and helpful. There are many choices for vegans including starters, main dishes and sides. One of my favorites is the Pasta Alle Verdure with butternut squash, brussel sprouts, tomatoes and spinach. The black beans and plantains go well with almost any meal! Oddly enough, the Vegan Tacos with seared tofu are not my favorite as there are many other more delectable vegan offerings on the menu. I plan to enjoy Cafe Verde again very soon!