“not your typical business hampton”

Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I travel for business extensively and almost always stay at Hampton Inns. Because they are always adequate, I don't take the time to reveiw them on tripadvisor. However, this hotel stands out and deserves the great review I'm giving it. This was my first trip to New Smyrna Beach and doing my research in advance on tripadvisor I was disappointed in the hotel options I found. The Hampton was well liked but since I always stay in Hamptons and this was not a business trip I kept looking for something a little more suitable to a getaway vacation. I just didn't like any of the other options so we booked at the Hampton Inn - (sigh - so much for the romantic weekend I thought...)

Any disappointment I had evaporated pulling into the driveway of the hotel. This is the most charming Hampton Inn I have ever seen. The location, the architecture, the layout of the hotel, the live oak trees everywhere on the property...its just a beautiful place. Its only 6 months old and therefore squeaky clean and bright - very inviting. The hotel is a short walk to the beach and is right in the middle of where you want to be.

I have to give a shout-out to Ruby at the front desk. She is an amazing ambassador for the hotel and the town of New Smyrna Beach. She was extrememly helpful with suggestions, directions, and news about local events during our stay. She was a delight!!

If you stay here plan to eat right next door at Sandy Dunes restaurant - the best mahi mahi in town!!

1  Thank BlobKnoxville
tony S, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

BlobKnoxville -

Now you know where to stay !! Thank you very much for the nice comments. We are indeed not your typical Hampton, but we represent what New Smyrna Beach is all about!!

My staff is incredible and we shared your review and the others that came across today at our daily huddle.

I also shared your nice comments to Ruby as well.

Please spread the word, as we can't wait to have you stay with us again.

Team Hampton rocks.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I recommend this hotel to everyone. We arrived and requested to be changed to a different room to have a view of Flagler Ave. and within 10 min. we were in our new room with no attitude or "eye rolling". Everyone that you run into is very friendly. My 8 year old son had a blast, so, mom and dad had a blast!;)

1  Thank Shari F
tony S, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Shari F - Glad to see you saw first hand what Hampton Inn NSB service is all about. We are both family and couple friendly, whatever you need, we got it right here.

Hope to see you real soon again.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 29 June 2013

wonderful hotel staff, made our stay most enjoyable, like being home, only better!!!! We always recommend this hotel to family and friends. They did such a great job tucking the building in on the property. Flagler Ave is a sweet little street and the Hampton blends in quite nicely. It is a very pleasant and natural setting. No need to drive anywhere, everything is within walking distance including the beach!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
tony S, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Jeri-Ann M -

Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay here! We think we are the new best kept secret in NSB, but not for long -

We always love to hear feedback from our valued guests.

Thanks and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Had a great stay at the Hampton Inn. The staff was wonderful and made our stay incredible. The room was clean and comfortable. The linens were clean. Ruby, at the front desk, was very helpful in sorting out our room change.

Regina P -

You are absolutely correct --- Its the staff that makes it happen! I feel I have the best staff and with our beautiful hotel and the service - its a win win for the area.

I will let Ruby know that you mentioned her as well.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I am the General Manager for a hotel in Daytona Beach. This was my first stay at this property and it was wonderful. Coming from another hotel, we tend to notice everyting, but I have to tell you, this Hampton was wonderful! Both my husband and I loved it. The convenience, the staff, Everyone made our stay a very nice experience and a great getaway weekend.
Will be back!!

1  Thank KyWoodward
tony S, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Ky Woodward -

From a fellow GM to another - thank you for the nice comments!

I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay and appreciate it very much.

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Excellent - Excellent - Excellent. A Beautiful Key West Atmosphere Hotel nestled on the Island of New Smyrna Beach. The Hotel Staff and General Manger are Great. Everything is within a short walk , Dining at the Riverview Restaurant well known for their Great Prime Rib, Steaks, Seafood and evening Sunsets on the Water, then strolling down Old Flagler Avenue listening to the Rezolushun Raggae and the Five Island Steel bands while peeking into all the clothing shops and local watering holes. Then you look up and your at the Beach feeling the Ocean Breeze on your face. Surfboards, Bicycles, and carts are their while you visit the most famous of all "Tonys and Joes" best known secret for their tasty Hogies while drinking a Cold One while listening to Live Jazz & Caribean Music. New Smyrna Beach has it all for the Family Vacations and for the Old School Couples like us. We believe its the Greatest Beach on the East Coast cause its has everything you dream of,,,even Old Foot Prints in the Sand. Thank you, Doug & Sheri Gambill, 1965-1968 Lifeguard. New Smyrna Beach

douglas -

Thank you for the awesome review!!! You are absolutely right, there is so much to do here and our staff will take care of you like no one else will.

We love to hear that u had a great vacation.

See you soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed here for two nights on a getaway with my husband. We were checked in by Rachel, who was very friendly and extremely helpful with information about the area, first time visiting NSB. She even came out to the parking lot to give us more information about a Reggae Fest that was happening over the weekend. Our king bed room was very spacious and clean, we were on the 2nd floor overlooking a wooded lot. The hotel is perfectly located, we walked almost every where the entire weekend. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone traveling to NSB.

Carsonsmom -

Yea! Thank you for the nice review. I am so glad Rachel helped you out with your itinerary and that we showed you our Hamptonality - NSB style.

We look forward to having you again -

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Smyrna Beach
1 mi away
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach
2 mi away
No photo provided
Nocturne Motel
#9 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach

Been to Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach? Share your experiences!