Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Riverview Hotel(New Smyrna Beach)
View Hotel
Seahorse Inn Beach Side(New Smyrna Beach)
  • Free Internet
Oceania Beach Club(New Smyrna Beach)
  • Pool
Atlantic Plaza(New Smyrna Beach)
View Hotel
Islander Beach Resort(New Smyrna Beach)
View Hotel
Sea Vista(New Smyrna Beach)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Nocturne Motel(New Smyrna Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat locationnew smyrnaflagler avewithin walking distancenice hotelroom keyshops and restaurantshot breakfastfree breakfastfew blocksclean roomshotel is locatedhousekeeping stafffresh fruitwould definitely stay here againspring breakgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2014

great location, very helpful and friendly staff, would highly recommend it. you never have to leave the area, everything is right there. But if you do want to venture out there is plenty of other sights to see and places to go.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
tony S, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

John B -

Thank you for staying with us and discovering our little gem here in NSB. Glad to hear the staff took care of you - I have the best staff around and they love to pamper our guests.

See you soon!
tony

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel was exceptional, very clean, nice beds, great location and great service. It is nice to see a hotel's staff take pleasure in helping guests enjoy their stay. Near the beach 4-5 blocks with shops lining the streets. Plenty of room on the beach and you can drive your car on the beach for a nominal fee. There were plenty of fine restaurants to choose from and can be reached by car or walking. I would recommend anyone to enjoy a stay here you won't be disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank David D
tony S, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

David D - Thank you for the nice review. Yes we have it all here, nice clean rooms and hot complimentary breakfast and the best staff around.

Oh yea, the shops and beach down Flagler isn't too shaby either!!

Thanks and see you soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here for one night during Memorial Day weekend and had an excellent stay. The hotel itself was clean, comfortable and welcoming. I didn't have any problem with noise unless someone was being particularly loud walking in the hallway. I was impressed that the toiletries were Neutrogena branded. I wish I had the chance to stay a little longer as the gym and pool looked very nice and worth a try. My favorite part about this hotel was its location. The hotel is situated on Flagler Ave, within very close walking distance to the beach, restaurants and shops. I loved that the front desk had good dinner recommendations and were friendly and helpful overall. When I got into my room, there was a handwritten note by Nehama wishing me a wonderful stay, and that was a really nice touch! In addition, there was a small convenience shop where I could purchase little things I needed. It was an absolute breeze when I stayed here.

Carrie C -

Glad you enjoyed your stay here at your new home away from home!

Hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is one of the better Hampton Inns. Excellent location, just 5 blocks from the beach, walking distance to multiple restaurants, bars, shopping. Staff all very friendly and efficient. Will return and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: we were on 2nd floor near back and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

James H - What a compliment! One of the best Hamptons you've ever stayed at.

Thats HUGE.

Glad we made your stay awesome and with everything within walking distance - you can't beat Hampton Inn NSB.

See you soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I arrived at this location late on a Tuesday afternoon when traveling for business to New Smyrna Beach. The entrance to the hotel is tucked away in between two businesses on either side of the drive. This hotel looks to have been recently renovated or recently built. It's really nicely done and has beautiful flora/fauna landscaping around the hotel.

Driving up to the entrance it is imperative that you pull into the circular driveway and walk in and get your key before you park. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of attempting to find a parking space around the rear of the building, grabbing my luggage and making my way into the hotel. Due to someone's incredibly unintelligent idea the doors on this hotel that lead to the parking lot in the rear of the hotel are locked from the outside and are only accessible with a room key. So, I had to make my way almost literally around the block and then all the way back into the entrance with my luggage in tow. This is truly ridiculous policy that needs to be changed. If they're worried about security than the door should only be open during daylight hours.

The older woman at the check-in seemed pleasant enough, but I didn't get a warm and fuzzy greeting or much from her other than the basics. The only other staff interaction I had was later on in the evening when I was going to leave for dinner. The woman was on a phone call, and I was standing there waiting when a gentleman who I assume was some sort of management came up to me from the breakfast area and asked me if there was something he could help me with. I asked him what would be the best place to eat dinner in New Smyrna Beach. After asking me a few questions about what kinds of food I would like and whether or not I was walking or driving., he directed me to an Italian restaurant called That's Amore (see review under separate listing). He seemed very genuine, friendly and concerned.

Everything in this hotel seemed fresh and new and modern. I personally really liked the decorations. Honestly, it looked better than some of the Hiltons I've stayed at. The directions I was given to my room were a little sketchy and I did get somewhat turned around but was able to locate it after a few minutes. Walking up to the door of room 228, I was really amazed to see that it had a modern chip card lock instead of a magnetic key system, very cool. When you open the door on the right-hand side close to the door there is a slot to which you place your key into and it will enable the lights to come on in the room. This is a pretty cool idea because it ensures that they are saving money when no one is present and it's a pretty handy location for your room key, thus enabling you to at least know where one of them is located when exiting the room (you're given two as a standard).

The first thing that struck me besides the automated lights was the fact that all of the bolts in the light fixtures in the room (there were three) were standard incandescent bulbs. This made for a nice warm glow in the room however, it wasn't very bright. In contrast there was a wall sconce on the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom area, that had a CFL but the sconce was not designed for such a bold and it was sticking out of the top of the unit. Not only was it not very attractive but it was horribly bright and a stark contrast to the rest of the room. As a result, I left it off after discovering.

In the room, in the corner, there is a desk with a lamp that has two outlets in its base and they are spread out far enough to accommodate power packs if need be. In the opposite corner, there is a large HDTV, somewhere in the neighborhood of 32 to 37 inches on top of a chest of drawers. Plenty of sunlight comes through the window situated in the middle. There is also a swivel chair with a floor lamp next to it for either reading or watching TV. The king-size bed has and tables on either side that have lamps also with outlets in their bases. There is a phone on the one on the right facing the bed and there was a note left by housekeeping that was handwritten by someone named Angela that simply said "Enjoy Your Stay!". This is a very nice touch.

The room temperature was quite comfortable upon arrival. It was set for a temperature of 74°. It's a pretty fancy electronic thermostat and I found it easy to control. The only real drawback to the unit, is that it is visible from the bed with a very bright green LED blasting from the on off switch. I circumvented the annoyance by using the cardboard bottom of the pad from Angela's note, and draped it over the unit for sleeping. This is one of the darkest rooms I've slept in a hotel in quite some time. It ranks easily a nine on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being pitch black. Well this is as long as you have taken care of the LED on the thermostat.

The view out the window from this room is that of the adjacent bar/restaurants patio area. I imagine on the weekends there might be something look at but during the week it's just a parking lot of shells. There's really not much to look at. The bathroom itself was quite nice. I found the shower to be hot on the two occasions I took a shower which was early evening on Tuesday and early morning on Wednesday.

I did check out the pool as well. I walked down to the beach and had a swim in the ocean and then on my way back to my room I stopped off in the pool area showered off and jumped in. It was really cloudy water but the temperature was quite nice. It's not a very large pool or very deep but it's perfect for cooling off. There are enough surrounding trees (Oaks) that there is some shade provided over the pool which was quite nice. Sometimes it's the small things that count, there was a bin of extra towels and an external restroom right there in the pool area.

In the morning I did try out the breakfast area. It has standard Hilton/Hampton Inn fare. Waffles, assorted pastries and muffins, bagels and toast. Serial, oatmeal, bananas and apples. Fresh juice and milk along with coffee and tea. There were eggs but they were almost gone when I was there was also a fresh mixed fruit selection which I was able to get a couple of spoonfuls of (I took the last of it) it contained fresh grapefruit, oranges, bananas, blueberries and apples. It was quite nice. I had a bagel with cream cheese but the only bagel they had was plain. And I had to dig around but I did manage to find one container of strawberry jam as opposed to the plethora of grape. The seating area for this breakfast room is actually quite nice and varied, there are tables and chairs. There are booths, high-tops, pretty much any kind of seating you would like you could find. I found this to be quite delightful actually. I did see one staff member but I think she was picking up the food rather than replenishing anything. I probably got there somewhere in the neighborhood of 8:45 AM as a reference. One other thing that I didn't take advantage of but that I found to be a step above, was the fact that this particular location had two waffle makers instead of the standard one.

Overall I would have absolutely no trouble not only recommending this place but staying here again. The location is perfect. Your within walking distance of so many places to eat, shop's, bars and of course the beautiful New Smyrna Beach. Just remember to stop and get your key first!

Room Tip: Grab your key before you park!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank weirdave

WeirDave -

Looks like you enjoyed everything about your visit to Hampton Inn NSB and the local area!

Thank you for the detailed comments and we look forward to WOWING you again.

Appreciate it