“What an amazing place to stay!”
Review of Black Dolphin Inn

Black Dolphin Inn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

The Black Dolphin Inn was the perfect spot to stay for a nice Birthday weekend get away! The room was great! My boyfriend and I felt right at home! The nicest and most pleasant people run the Inn. Breakfeast was the best ever! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2013
Black D, Owner at Black Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Greetings from the Black Dolphin Inn. Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your birthday weekend getaway, It was wonderful to hear that your guest experience was a positive one. We are glad that you found our location to be ideal and that you were well taken care of during your stay with us. We also appreciated your generous comments regarding our guest accommodations, the superb breakfast which you described as the best ever, and that the staff made you feel right at home. We can't thank you enough for your TripAdvisor review and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of your company in the near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Brett, Sheila, and Taylor are soooo friendly and know all about the local eateries and goings-on in town which was soooo helpful. Our room was super nice and cozy. My my husband and I slept in every morning but still got up in time for the fresh, homemade, delicious breakfasts. I loved the french toast with tupelo honey the best (yum)! My husband really enjoyed the catfish and grits. Sitting on the deck out front, walking through the neighborhood, and just sitting on the front porch made my stay relaxing for me (after jet skiing, lol). I recommend the Black Dolphin Inn for anyone looking for a beautiful, clean B&B with charming owners who are available 24X7! There is a lot to do in New Smyrna Beach, Just ask the owners of the Black Dolphin Inn.

Room Tip: Honestly, each room is awesome and unique so any room you stay in will feel like the best room to yo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings from the Black Dolphin Inn. Any time I receive a guest review that starts off with the words: Best B&B ever - I sense that we are making great strides in building a strong service culture in response to providing our guests with an exceptional and memorable experience.Thank you so much for your amazing comments and for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and positive review. I am so pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. From the super cozy room, to the great breakfast's created by Chef Joe, and the relaxing ambiance of our inn - I was so pleased that we received such high marks on so many different levels. Most importantly, we take great pride in delivering our unique brand of southern hospitality and we are so grateful for your great comments regarding our performance in this regard . Thank you again for your terrific post and we can't wait for you to return to the Black Dolphin in the near future.

Brett P Smith, CHA

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We are doing work in New Smyrna and found this place close to our work. We are so pleased to have found them. Brett and Sheila are wonderful people and have be very gracious to me and my team. They have bent over backwards to accommodate us and are truly delightful to be around. The place is spectacular, new and current. The breakfasts were yummy and we loved sitting on the dock.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Doomed2be

Greetings from the Black Dolphin Inn! Thank you for taking your valued time to post a review on TripAdvisor. It was indeed a pleasure to have you and your team as our guests at the Black Dolphin Inn. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I was particularly delighted by your favorable comments in which you described the Black Dolphin Inn as being spectacular, new, and current. We very much appreciate these kind words as well as your other glowing remarks regarding our "yummy" breakfast and private dock along the shores of the Indian River. As a family owned business, we understand the importance of delivering a high level of attentive and personal service to our guests and I was so touched by your comment that we "bent over backwards" and that we were "delightful to be around". Again, thank you for your positive review and I can personally assure you that we will continue to work hard to earn your business in the weeks and months ahead.

Brett P Smith, CHA

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed at the Dolphin in during a trip with my company team in which we virtually rented the entire B&B. I was extremely impressed with the design and decor of each of the guest rooms - we took field trips around the place just to check out everyone else's room (think I had one of the best)!! There was a unique individuality with each and a great mix of contemporary with older conversation pieces.

The Inn is in a great location that was near everything it seemed. We even saw dolphins in the water right across the street!

The hosts were quite gracious and also great company - they told really cool stories too. And the food was awesome - nothing beats a good breakfast!!!

I would definitely recommend Black Dolphin Inn to others and hope to one day take my entire family back to enjoy.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Black D, Owner at Black Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Greetings from the Black Dolphin Inn! Ever since I received your TripAdvisor review titled; Love, Love, Love - I can't seem to get the lyrics to that Beatle song out of my head. In any event, (there's nothing you can do that can't be done/nothing you can sing that can't be sung) your wonderful review was music to my ears - and I am so pleased that you are feeling the love for the Black Dolphin Inn. We were delighted to be the host property for your conference group and we appreciated your many favorable comments regarding the unique style and personality of our rooms, the great food, and your reference to the cool story- telling which centered on our experience as innkeepers and our passion for the business. Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review and we can't wait for you to return on a future visit with your family to the Black Dolphin Inn.

Brett P.Smith, CHA

Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Black Dolphin Inn last week to celebrate our 48th wedding anniversary. We stayed in room 202 "Premium Bay Front". Our room was perfect, clean, big, and what a view. I sat on the patio with a cup of tea to watch the sunrise and the dolphins play the last morning of our stay, and even saw a manatee or two. The owner, Brett, and his wife Sheila, as well as their son, Taylor made our stay wonderful. They could not do enough for us. The inn is beautiful and well kept, and has a dock right across the street on the Indian River where you can relax with a glass of wine or beer on the lounge chairs. Breakfast was delicious and large in size.

We have stayed in a number of beautiful B&B's over the years and this one has to be among the best we have stayed in, if not the best. Thanks for a great 3 night stay. Elaine & Ed

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings from the Black Dolphin Inn. It was such a pleasure to have you as our guests to celebrate your 48th anniversary. I distinctly remember our initial conversation when you first inquired about room availability and you expressed an interest in reserving a beautiful guest accommodation overlooking the Indian River. I am so pleased that room #202 fit the bill - as this 2nd floor NE corner unit offers a superb view of the lagoon and surrounding mangrove islands. And as you pointed out, sightings of dolphins and manatees are quite common - and to be able to watch all of this amazing marine life from the comfort of your balcony or on our private pier with a glass of wine or a bottle of champagne - is truly a wonderful experience. Thank you so much for sharing your personal insights with us and for all of your other positive comments regarding our service levels, food quality and facilities. May dolphins dance in your dreams until the next time we have the opportunity to be the host property for your 49th anniversary.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Black Dolphin Inn recently to celebrate our 20th anniversary. The hosts were very gracious and made our stay extra special! The inn is uniquely beautiful and the rooms are exquisite. Breakfast was one of the best we have ever had. Thanks for a great weekend!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings from the Black Dolphin Inn! We are indeed pleased that you selected the Black Dolphin Inn as your hotel of choice to celebrate your 20th Anniversary. I very much appreciated your kind words regarding the graciousness of our staff and our exquisite guest accommodations. It was also wonderful to hear that the "breakfast was the best you ever had " as we take great pride in offering an exceptional dining experience at the Black Dolphin Inn. Thank you so much for sharing your positive comments with us and we look forward to welcoming you back for your 21st anniversary.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Each year our GA and FL offices take a 2 to 3 day trip together to relax and connect as friends without the stress of work. We rented out 13 of the 14 rooms at the inn and we can't say enough good things about the accommodations. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel at home. The rooms were contemporary and comfortable with high-end architectural touches and vintage charm. The food was wonderful as we enjoyed great southern breakfast choices each morning. In fact, the chef was able to cook up our catch from the earlier day's fishing trip per our catering request. The location is on the river and just a few minutes from the beach, yet far enough to not be bothered by the tourist crowd. Overall, I would recommend this inn to anyone looking for a unique, welcoming and relaxing experience whether you are renting one room or all 14.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Brett S, Owner at Black Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Greetings from the Black Dolphin Inn! We were honored to serve as the host property for your company retreat and we were very pleased to read that you couldn't say enough good things about our accommodations, guest service, and waterfront location on the Indian River. We had a lot of fun working with you on all the details attendant to your meeting and the You Catch "Em Fish Dinner was truly enjoyable as it served to create a very sociable, relaxing, and stress free environment for all of your attendees. We very much appreciated your delightfully descriptive account of your group attendees experience at the Black Dolphin Inn and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you plan to host a meeting in New Smyrna Beach.