Black Dolphin Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
All-suite Motel(Edgewater)
View Hotel
The Riverview Hotel(New Smyrna Beach)
View Hotel
Sea Vista(New Smyrna Beach)
  • Pool
Islander Beach Resort(New Smyrna Beach)
View Hotel
Atlantic Plaza(New Smyrna Beach)
View Hotel
Oceania Beach Club(New Smyrna Beach)
  • Pool
Seahorse Inn Beach Side(New Smyrna Beach)
  • Free Internet
All reviewssmith familyshrimp and gritsb bthe indian riverhoneymoon suiteowners and staffbay frontmid centurynew smyrnabed and breakfastopen kitchenacross the streetmade to order breakfastfire pitgracious hospitalityunique propertyfrench toast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights and wished we'd booked for longer. Great location with a lovely dock on the water where you could sit, drink a beer, and watch the world go by. Wonderful rooms with comfortable bed and furniture, airy spacious rooms with beautiful fittings and decor. Good freshly cooked breakfasts in the garden, on the porch, on the dock, or at the table or counter. We were made to feel very welcome and part of the family while we stayed, extremely helpful and friendly hosts. Would love to come and stay again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Black D, Owner at Black Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Greetings from the Black Dolphin Inn. Whether you need a place to dock your I-Pod or to dock your weary body after a fun-filled day of activities , you are right - the Black Dolphin Inn is the perfect place to watch the world go by. We are very grateful for your wonderful review and appreciate your generous comments regarding our luxurious accommodations, the great breakfasts each morning featuring a host of unique seating options, and of course - the sense of family that you described while a guest at the Black Dolphin Inn. We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and we can't wait for you to return.

Brett P Smith

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Wonderful hosts & great location. Only traveling through for a one night stay celebrating our 30 year anniversary. The views were great! Sat on their private dock & saw the beautiful dolphins & manatees. Definitely coming back again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Black D, Owner at Black Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Greetings from the Black Dolphin Inn! Thank you for your great review - and happy anniversary. We are truly honored that you chose to celebrate this special occasion with us. It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the great views of the Indian River from your guest accommodation and that you had the chance to see dolphins and manatees from our private dock. It is so enjoyable to see such an abundance of marine life in their natural habitat - which is just one of the many attributes that makes the Black Dolphin Inn so special. Thank you again for your positive review and we can't wait for you to come back to enjoy your 31st wedding anniversary with us.

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

The Black Dolphin Inn was the perfect spot to stay for a nice Birthday weekend get away! The room was great! My boyfriend and I felt right at home! The nicest and most pleasant people run the Inn. Breakfeast was the best ever! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2013

Greetings from the Black Dolphin Inn. Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your birthday weekend getaway, It was wonderful to hear that your guest experience was a positive one. We are glad that you found our location to be ideal and that you were well taken care of during your stay with us. We also appreciated your generous comments regarding our guest accommodations, the superb breakfast which you described as the best ever, and that the staff made you feel right at home. We can't thank you enough for your TripAdvisor review and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of your company in the near future.

Brett P. Smith, CHA

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Brett, Sheila, and Taylor are soooo friendly and know all about the local eateries and goings-on in town which was soooo helpful. Our room was super nice and cozy. My my husband and I slept in every morning but still got up in time for the fresh, homemade, delicious breakfasts. I loved the french toast with tupelo honey the best (yum)! My husband really enjoyed the catfish and grits. Sitting on the deck out front, walking through the neighborhood, and just sitting on the front porch made my stay relaxing for me (after jet skiing, lol). I recommend the Black Dolphin Inn for anyone looking for a beautiful, clean B&B with charming owners who are available 24X7! There is a lot to do in New Smyrna Beach, Just ask the owners of the Black Dolphin Inn.

Room Tip: Honestly, each room is awesome and unique so any room you stay in will feel like the best room to you. Our room (#202) had a balcony that overlooked the dolphins in the river . . .. oh, the pillows are the best ever! We were with 6 other couples from our church and each of them loved their rooms as well. Black Dolphin Inn is a 5 Star B&B hands down!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings from the Black Dolphin Inn. Any time I receive a guest review that starts off with the words: Best B&B ever - I sense that we are making great strides in building a strong service culture in response to providing our guests with an exceptional and memorable experience.Thank you so much for your amazing comments and for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and positive review. I am so pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. From the super cozy room, to the great breakfast's created by Chef Joe, and the relaxing ambiance of our inn - I was so pleased that we received such high marks on so many different levels. Most importantly, we take great pride in delivering our unique brand of southern hospitality and we are so grateful for your great comments regarding our performance in this regard . Thank you again for your terrific post and we can't wait for you to return to the Black Dolphin in the near future.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We are doing work in New Smyrna and found this place close to our work. We are so pleased to have found them. Brett and Sheila are wonderful people and have be very gracious to me and my team. They have bent over backwards to accommodate us and are truly delightful to be around. The place is spectacular, new and current. The breakfasts were yummy and we loved sitting on the dock.

1  Thank Doomed2be

Greetings from the Black Dolphin Inn! Thank you for taking your valued time to post a review on TripAdvisor. It was indeed a pleasure to have you and your team as our guests at the Black Dolphin Inn. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I was particularly delighted by your favorable comments in which you described the Black Dolphin Inn as being spectacular, new, and current. We very much appreciate these kind words as well as your other glowing remarks regarding our "yummy" breakfast and private dock along the shores of the Indian River. As a family owned business, we understand the importance of delivering a high level of attentive and personal service to our guests and I was so touched by your comment that we "bent over backwards" and that we were "delightful to be around". Again, thank you for your positive review and I can personally assure you that we will continue to work hard to earn your business in the weeks and months ahead.