“Great staff wonderful meal also.”
Review of Denny's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Denny's
Ranked #120 of 177 Restaurants in New Smyrna Beach
Cuisines: American
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“Great staff wonderful meal also.”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Read the other reviews. We loved our food orders and didn't see any problems other folks had. Even told Dennys we'd forgotten how good the food was here. It's like forgetting you are at a chain restaurant.

Niceville, Florida
“Good food, mediocre service”
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Although the service was a little slow and not particularly friendly, everything out family ordered was very tasty and the bill was diner-low.

Visited December 2013
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do NOT eat at Denny's on Rt. 44 New Smyrna Beach, Fl”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I ordered the $8 fish dinner, cod supposedly. That fish left me sick for the day. The fish was fresh to the smell and taste and I'd had dessert first so took half of the fish home to the fridge, a mile away. I'd planned a shopping bit afterward which I didn't make. I was sick within an hour and was in the 'powder room' the better part of the day.

A couple days later I had an empty fridge and decided to try that half piece of fish if it seemed fresh, considering I could kill whatever bacteria was on it in the microwave if it WAS the fish which made me sick, I wasn't certain at that point. Wrong! Although the fish smelled and tasted fresh and good, it was a deceptive little fish. That night I was up for hours once again with 'runny tummy' and this time the nausea lasted a couple days.
I can't say it if was unclean hands or a chemical they used to keep the fish tasting/ smelling fresh but it clearly was the fish which made me sick and yet it had no taste of being spoiled.
The service was not good. I had to chase the server down for a refill of coffee then again for cream.
Save yourself the possiblity of at the most getting food poisoning and the least poor service.
Their pumpkin pie is pretty good though.
Judie Fizer

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank jfizer
Northern Wisconsin
“Kind of okay”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Not sure why we ate here. Great service but food was so so. All the seafood locations yet we ate here. Bad idea.

Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's a Denny's.”
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

What can I say?
It is a normal Denny's restaurant.
Nice atmosphere and my waitor "Jamey" was very nice and actually seemed to enjoy his job.

• Visited August 2013