“Good food, fun beach front bar”

Chases on The Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Cobnut shrimp great choice for the kids. Steamed mussels were great, and I typically do not enjoy mussels. Fun atmosphere with very friendly staff.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Chase's is our "go to" place for lunch when we are New Smyrna Beach. They are friendly and very accommodating, especially when we have any particular need or request. We have eaten there often, so we've had a wide variety of appetizers, entrees, desserts and drinks, and never been disappointed! On our most recent visit to Chase's, our waitress Jenn was amazing!! She treated us like we were the only people there, though she was running the whole time we were there, taking equally good care of everyone else too! Chase's is right on the beach so you can walk down the stairs onto the beach and into the water... ahhh, heaven!!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Ordered takeout, as we were staying next door at Oceans Trillium. Service was extremely fast, about 12 minutes for 2 entrees, 1 appetizers and soup. My 3 year old wanted to try the Alligator Bites. I had never had alligator before, and it was excellent. If someone put it in front of me, I would have had no clue that it wasnt chicken (I know that that is cliche, but its the truth.) However it was $13-14 for about a dozen small pieces. My wife had the clam chowder, she said it was very tasty. My kids split the fish finger basket, which was your standard deep fried fish. Very good batter though. Fries were excellent. I had the Coconut Shrimp wrap. It was awesome, but wished it was a bit bigger. When I went to pick up the food, the hostess was super polite. The atmosphere looked pretty cool too. Lots of people out on the picnic tables over looking the ocean and seemed to be enjoying themselves. Recommend going here and will visit again for sure.

1  Thank kabing
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We had lunch there yesterday and really enjoyed it. You can sit right overlooking the beach. The quesadillas were very good, as was the seafood wrap. Great service and a nice outdoor setting. A nice place for lunch.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Although no complaints at all about the service and the nice beachside atmosphere, the food is absolutely terrible. The fish was so overly salted and greasy that it had to be pulled off of the sandwich. The bread was so greasy from the fish that it was non-edible. The fish tacos were so watery that you couldn't even pick them up to eat them. As such the taco shells were non-edible. Perhaps OK to stop in for a drink but certainly not for the food. This place has the potential of being great given the location however this will never happen with the current quality of food.

1  Thank Susan P