“Location location location! ”

Chases on The Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Great view of the ocean! Park on the beach and walk up the stairs or park in their lot. Open air restaraunt with covered seating or take a table in the sun. Good full service bar with great drink specials. Fun place. They have a swimming pool where they have pool volleyball. Food was average, nothing spectacular, but plenty to choose from. Portions are good size. We had wraps, burger&fries, and quesadilla.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I'm cannot comment on the food or drink, just that when I walked up from the beach to order take-out, I was told, "Sorry, we don't allow take-out on Sundays because we're so busy." I looked around and saw 2 people at the bar. I asked if she would ask the manager if they'd make an exception as there were no customers. She said, "No! Sorry, we do not do take-outs on Sunday!" Ok, so that was that. Sorry I can't tell you anything about the food or service! I went to Manny's, across the busy street and was thrilled to find such delicious food!! AND, they do take-outs!

2  Thank Marty5755
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We took my Mom there for her 90th birthday luncheon. The beach is a place she used to go with our Dad and we wanted her to see it again. The hostess was very accomodating when we asked to change our table due to the wind on Mom. Additionally the waitress went out of her way to make sure everything was just right.
I had the grilled veggie wrap with fish. This isn't on the menu but the waitress asked and the chef prepared it for me. It was excellent - plenty of flavorful vegetables perfectly cooked. The white fish was also perfectly cooked and literally melted in my mouth. Others tried the she crab chowder - some thought it tasted too much like the thickener. For me it was a bit too sweet to eat too much of but lots of flavor. The Coconut shrimp needed the dipping sauce for flavor. Otherwise everything was excellent. And the dessert the waitress brought Mom was the highlight of the day. Thank you for your thoughtfulness. I wish I could remember her name.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stunningly bad service on Mother's Day. Our party of three arrived around 3 p.m. and were seated within 15 minutes.
Our order was so fouled up that I ended up leaving after an hour without having gotten food or cocktail.The fish tacos I ordered without chipotle ranch sauce came to the table slathered in the sauce.
The waiter had repeated the order back to me - twice. I was crystal clear.
Then a new waiter arrived, went into a long explanation, and took it away. The drink had never been served, which I also pointed out.
I said I didn't want one but this pushy new waiter *insisted* on bringing one - which we left behind.
I said no to another iteration of my food order, which inspired another long-winded explanation. He talked more than my tablemates, intrusive and tactless.
At this point I was hungry, thirsty and disappointed that the fun vibe of our lunch was spoiled by the rude waiter who kept interrupting us to "explain."
I did have iced tea, which they charged me for. lol.
Tea tasted like crappy beach tap water.
Ruined our Mother's Day lunch.
Miserable. Better service at McDonald's.
Fail. Avoid. Boycott.
{ receipt: server Jay, table 313/1

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My daughter, her little girl and I met my old friend for lunch. Food was good, service was good, the beach was beautiful and so the atmosphere was fun. Not too expensive and the seafood was fresh I would totally go back. I want to take my hubby He would like this place.