“Very nearly perfect”

Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We invite you to enjoy an authentic taste of the Tuscan countryside. Walk down a vine covered arbor, surrounded by a walled Olde World fireplace and enter a garden lush with lit trees and flowering greenery. The garlic offers one of the most beautiful settings for a delightful and memorable dining experience. We offer great food, live music, fine wine, Italian beer, and perfect martinis. Come experience the garlic for yourself.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I was concerned when I sat down to a half set table (no forks) with used dirty silverware. As long as we're on criticisms, it was a monday and there were some empty tables and our waiter was often no where to be found. My wife ordered fish, a chef specialty, and it gave her a tummy ache.

Ok, that's the 15% that was bad. It is a beautiful restaurant with great ambiance and delicious food. The Caesar salad is average. The potato that came with the fish was worth the whole price of the meal. Pasta with beef tips was good if a little chewy. Chicken parm was excellent with perfectly al dente pasta. Apparently the lamb is good but my son refused to share, trade or release any of it, even when he was full. Portions are large but prices are steep. 5 apps, 3 meals, 2 desserts & drinks but no alcohol ran $150. The bread is truly amazing. Crunchy and soft. My companions liked the garlic spread. Everyone said I was a fool to look at desserts because they were so full (we brought 2 half meals home) but when carrot cake came I actually only got to eat about 1/3 of it.

The il forno oven not only makes the atmosphere fun but imparts great flavor (at 900 degrees) and the courtyard is stunning. There is valet parking. No reservations for parties smaller than 10 and I suspect they are jammed on weekends. There is very little in the Daytona Beach/east central Florida area that qualifies as really gourmet dining. It seems like they have live entertainment every night.

1  Thank f n

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The crowds of people waiting to eat at this restaurant speaks for itself. The restaurant has delicious food and the atmosphere is amazing. A lot of the restaurant is outside but throughout the decor is amazing. Nothing negative to say and will go again!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Reasonable drinks at Happy Hour with outside bar, decided to have dinner with friend to catch up. Dinner was good though a little pricey.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We just stumbled on this place on a Saturday night on vacation and were pleasantly surprised. It was packed, but they got us a table in about 25 minutes. Our waitress was very attentive and checked on us constantly throughout our meal... which, by the way was outstanding. My husband is always on a quest for the best Cesar salad and this one was far above average. The greens were fresh and the dressing was obviously house-made. Their bone-in ribeye was one of the best I've ever tasted, and the rest of our meal was delightful.
I would definitely visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We didn't even stay to eat. The staff was not courteous, acted like they couldn't be bothered to wait on us if we only wanted drinks and appetizers. The bar was full and we were told we couldn't sit at a table and just have drinks and appetizers. It was 4:30 in the afternoon on a Tuesday and the place was basically empty except for the bar. Ridiculous. Will happily spend our money elsewhere.

8  Thank Lisa A