“Fantastic Wings, Fresh Wraps & Salads, Exceptional Customer Service”

Scruffy Joe's Wing & Things
Ranked #103 of 179 Restaurants in New Smyrna Beach
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Fantastic Wings, Fresh Wraps & Salads, Exceptional Customer Service”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Scruffy Joe's is one of those places where you instantly feel at home. The owners are super friendly and every order is freshly prepared. We have enjoyed all of the wing sauces, but our favorites include Junkyard. Hot and SKA (Swift Kick in the A). The fried chicken dinner is divine and tastes just like Grandma used to make.

They also have corn nuggets which are deep fried and lightly dusted with powdered sugar. When you bite into them they have a nice creamy consistency while maintaining the crispy crunch from each kernel.

You can also enjoy fresh salads (the wedge with bacon & bleu cheese crumbles is divine) or a cup of homemade chili. In the colder months, Joe serves up the best Colorado Green Chili in town!

Scruffy Joe's is the only place in town offering fried chicken livers and gizzards. You can get them plain or tossed in your favorite wing sauce.

This is a great place to get away from it all and sit outside under the umbrellas while enjoying an ice cold beer or glass of wine with your lunch or dinner.

• Visited May 2014

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very tasty food and fun outdoor dining!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I like everything about this restaurant. The owners are friendly and keep a clean establishment. I LOVE the wings with junkyard sauce, the Mahi fish sandwich, the blackened chicken sandwich, and the spicy fries. I have visited often since they opened, and was always happy with the food. They offer drive-thru service and an outdoor dining area with music. They cook food to order, so you do need to wait for up to 10 minutes, but it is well worth it. This is a wonderful place to go with friends or family.

Visited March 2014
edgewater
“Awesome place with great owners”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I've been coming to Scruffy Joes since they opened up on canal st some months ago. Their wings are the best in town in my book, and their other menu items are also awesome. The owners are really great polite nice people, very upbeat and happy to serve their customers.

• Visited February 2014
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Will visit again”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Have passed by many times and thought about stopping. This time we stopped at Scruffy Joe's and ordered some liver and gizzards. Wow, delicious! Will go back again for the same and try some of the other items on the menu.

• Visited January 2014
Florida
“Wings on the Go”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

When I heard about Scruffy Joes opening in New Smyrna all I thought was "thank god I can get wings without waiting at a bar". My family went on opening day for a late lunch. We ordered the Junkyard wings to start. They were scrumptious! The wings are crisp fried and then grilled and finally slathered in a delicious sweet, tangy, and garlicky sauce. I had the buffalo chicken wrap and the rest of the family had burgers. The wrap was perfect with a couple of fried chicken tenders dipped in the hot buffalo sauce. The cold crispy lettuce and tomato balanced the heat perfectly. My family loved the burgers. They are hand packed 1/2 pounders that my son proclaimed to be the "best burger in town". I was ready for the kinks that occur when a restaurant first opens but our order was timely and the service was friendly and accommodating. Since our first visit we have been back a few times to try their other menu items. The onion rings and tater tots are perfect. We brought wings home to reheat later and they were as delicious as they were right out of the window. Their to-go cardboard containers keep the wings from getting soggy so getting them on your way home is no problem. Calling ahead for the made to order menu makes it even easier. I'm so happy to see something different in NSB. Keep it up Scruffy Joe!!

• Visited July 2013