“Great Muffuletta...”

Beachtown Grill
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This was our second attempt at this new restaurant located in a strip mall anchored by a Publix Grocery Store. The first ended when they did not have the advertised special so we had a beer and left.

This time was better. They have a somewhat New Orleans style theme to their menu so I felt we would give them the real test with a treat we have enjoyed in the Big Easy in the past. The home of the Muffuletta is reported to be The Central Grocery on Decatur Street founded in 1906. It's main ingredients are olive salad, mortadella, salami, mozzarella, ham, and provolone on a beautiful muffuletta loaf split horizontally. The Beachtown Grill added a little twist with a thin layer of crispy bacon. Nice touch. We were told that the bread was express shipped from New Orleans. It was very fresh and the sandwich was as good as I remembered.

The wife had a side of sweet potato fries and I went with the "straight" fries. Both sides were straight from the food service company freezer with the "straight" tending to be more crispy than usual. That is a good trait. Two draft beers brought the lunch bill to $24.16 before tip.

The property is a refurbished sports bar with a new paint job. Service by Maggi was fine if not a little slow for a sandwich order. There were four other customers at the time.

We will be back. Give it a try, especially if you crave a muffuletta.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

First, we go to sit at the bar, and the chairs were so short I felt like I needed a child's booster seat. The bar top came above my chest level. Server was slow to greet us and serve us. She seemed distracted with side work instead of being attentive to the 4 customers (including us) in the place. Our food came out quick which was great until we tasted it. Got the cheeseburger, it was super greasy and burnt, I couldn't even eat it. Never even was asked if I needed a refil on my water... Very bad first impression, we won't be back.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

This restaurant occupies the old Beef O'Brady space -- sports bar with 8 televisions, 7 booths, about a dozen tables and 8 or 10 barstools. Menu includes a variety of sandwiches with fries. Also, baskets with cole slaw and fries, all up to $10. .There are several appetizers, including chips & salsa (1.99), onion rings (6.99). etc. There is a good salad menu from 8 to 9.50. The salads looked pretty good with added chicken, ham, shrimp or without. Burgers run 8.29 to 8.99. I got the baby back rib dinner (full rack served only on Sat & Sun) for 13.99 with cole slaw and fries. The fries were over-cooked -- too crispy. The ribs seemed oven cooked rather than barbequed but with barbeque sauce slathered on top. I can't in good conscience recommend them if you're accustomed to real b-b-q. They also serve beer, and maybe wine.