“great little place”

Beachtown Grill
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have been there numerous times and have never had a bad meal Last time I went I gkt the chef salas, it was pribally kne of the best ever. There wings are delicious too, ask for them grilled.

1  Thank RichmondLisa

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The chef [Mark Davis] here is a wiz kid. Absolutely fantastic. Uses no sugar and very little salt but manages to pack his dishes full of flavor using clever alternatives. He's an amazing saucier. His specials are top notch, innovative fine dining priced no greater than $15 TOPS even for a rack of ribs or a prime rib. As long as he's on shift, the food is unbelievable. The presentation is artistic and exciting, I see people taking photographs of their plates every time I go there. The servers are friendly. The prices are so low, with such high quality ingredients, I'm not sure how the place makes any money. Chef Mark makes all of the sauces, even the BBQ, himself. The chicken tenders are breaded and made fresh to order, the only frozen items they order are french fries [waffle, straight, and curly!] and a few apps. The portions are very generous. Even the cole slaw is homemade and you may find yourself ordering extra, even if you aren't a fan of cole slaw in general. I've seen a guy come in and order a couple pounds of it at a time to take home. Just about everything here is made from scratch or as close to from scratch as the equipment in the kitchen allows for. You would never expect such quality and creativity just looking at the place, it looks like a hole in the wall burger joint, but somehow it defies all expectations one might get from the signage, etc. And the kitchen is one of the very cleanest in the whole county, Chef Mark is known to be incredibly attentive to cleanliness, food allergies [at his insistence the kitchen is now latex-free and there are many gluten free offerings to be found, if you have a specific diet of any sort you can tell the waitress and Chef Mark will come talk to you about what you're in the mood for and whip up something off-menu custom designed for both your diet/allergies and palette]. Easily the best food in town.

1  Thank allison m
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This was our second attempt at this new restaurant located in a strip mall anchored by a Publix Grocery Store. The first ended when they did not have the advertised special so we had a beer and left.

This time was better. They have a somewhat New Orleans style theme to their menu so I felt we would give them the real test with a treat we have enjoyed in the Big Easy in the past. The home of the Muffuletta is reported to be The Central Grocery on Decatur Street founded in 1906. It's main ingredients are olive salad, mortadella, salami, mozzarella, ham, and provolone on a beautiful muffuletta loaf split horizontally. The Beachtown Grill added a little twist with a thin layer of crispy bacon. Nice touch. We were told that the bread was express shipped from New Orleans. It was very fresh and the sandwich was as good as I remembered.

The wife had a side of sweet potato fries and I went with the "straight" fries. Both sides were straight from the food service company freezer with the "straight" tending to be more crispy than usual. That is a good trait. Two draft beers brought the lunch bill to $24.16 before tip.

The property is a refurbished sports bar with a new paint job. Service by Maggi was fine if not a little slow for a sandwich order. There were four other customers at the time.

We will be back. Give it a try, especially if you crave a muffuletta.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

First, we go to sit at the bar, and the chairs were so short I felt like I needed a child's booster seat. The bar top came above my chest level. Server was slow to greet us and serve us. She seemed distracted with side work instead of being attentive to the 4 customers (including us) in the place. Our food came out quick which was great until we tasted it. Got the cheeseburger, it was super greasy and burnt, I couldn't even eat it. Never even was asked if I needed a refil on my water... Very bad first impression, we won't be back.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

This restaurant occupies the old Beef O'Brady space -- sports bar with 8 televisions, 7 booths, about a dozen tables and 8 or 10 barstools. Menu includes a variety of sandwiches with fries. Also, baskets with cole slaw and fries, all up to $10. .There are several appetizers, including chips & salsa (1.99), onion rings (6.99). etc. There is a good salad menu from 8 to 9.50. The salads looked pretty good with added chicken, ham, shrimp or without. Burgers run 8.29 to 8.99. I got the baby back rib dinner (full rack served only on Sat & Sun) for 13.99 with cole slaw and fries. The fries were over-cooked -- too crispy. The ribs seemed oven cooked rather than barbequed but with barbeque sauce slathered on top. I can't in good conscience recommend them if you're accustomed to real b-b-q. They also serve beer, and maybe wine.