“An OK restaurant”

Beachtown Grill
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Our ladies club originally planned our lunch for another place on this day. We couldn't get in due to a special event with 150 people attending. We substituted across the street to the Beachtown Grill since none of us had ever been there before. I found it to be clean. The restaurant was almost empty when we first arrived. We were a party of 8. The menu was varied and all of the food items looked good and were tempting. I chose the Cuban sandwich meal with sweet potato french fries.. The problem was that it took a very long time for our lunch to arrive. When it arrived I saw that the french fries were soggy and seemed greasy. The Cuban sandwich was wonderful though. It was huge. I had ordered one for me and one to go for my husband. When I saw how big the sandwich was I wished I had not ordered an extra one as we both could have shared. I noticed that almost every one in our party also had big portions as we all asked for doggy boxes. From what I observed it seemed that no one had any objections with their food. As we sat eating, the restaurant was beginning to get really crowded and they only had one waitress covering the entire place. I guess the other waitress called in. I would recommend this place but not if you are in a hurry.

1  Thank Inlovewithcanyonvill

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Just passing thru NSB and found this spot in the Publix/Big Lots Plaza on 44. Food was fresh (had the hot grilled chicken wrap) service was awesome and very friendly! Plenty of flat screen TVs with satellite - I'll bet this place rocks during football season.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have been there numerous times and have never had a bad meal Last time I went I gkt the chef salas, it was pribally kne of the best ever. There wings are delicious too, ask for them grilled.

1  Thank RichmondLisa
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The chef [Mark Davis] here is a wiz kid. Absolutely fantastic. Uses no sugar and very little salt but manages to pack his dishes full of flavor using clever alternatives. He's an amazing saucier. His specials are top notch, innovative fine dining priced no greater than $15 TOPS even for a rack of ribs or a prime rib. As long as he's on shift, the food is unbelievable. The presentation is artistic and exciting, I see people taking photographs of their plates every time I go there. The servers are friendly. The prices are so low, with such high quality ingredients, I'm not sure how the place makes any money. Chef Mark makes all of the sauces, even the BBQ, himself. The chicken tenders are breaded and made fresh to order, the only frozen items they order are french fries [waffle, straight, and curly!] and a few apps. The portions are very generous. Even the cole slaw is homemade and you may find yourself ordering extra, even if you aren't a fan of cole slaw in general. I've seen a guy come in and order a couple pounds of it at a time to take home. Just about everything here is made from scratch or as close to from scratch as the equipment in the kitchen allows for. You would never expect such quality and creativity just looking at the place, it looks like a hole in the wall burger joint, but somehow it defies all expectations one might get from the signage, etc. And the kitchen is one of the very cleanest in the whole county, Chef Mark is known to be incredibly attentive to cleanliness, food allergies [at his insistence the kitchen is now latex-free and there are many gluten free offerings to be found, if you have a specific diet of any sort you can tell the waitress and Chef Mark will come talk to you about what you're in the mood for and whip up something off-menu custom designed for both your diet/allergies and palette]. Easily the best food in town.

1  Thank allison m
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This was our second attempt at this new restaurant located in a strip mall anchored by a Publix Grocery Store. The first ended when they did not have the advertised special so we had a beer and left.

This time was better. They have a somewhat New Orleans style theme to their menu so I felt we would give them the real test with a treat we have enjoyed in the Big Easy in the past. The home of the Muffuletta is reported to be The Central Grocery on Decatur Street founded in 1906. It's main ingredients are olive salad, mortadella, salami, mozzarella, ham, and provolone on a beautiful muffuletta loaf split horizontally. The Beachtown Grill added a little twist with a thin layer of crispy bacon. Nice touch. We were told that the bread was express shipped from New Orleans. It was very fresh and the sandwich was as good as I remembered.

The wife had a side of sweet potato fries and I went with the "straight" fries. Both sides were straight from the food service company freezer with the "straight" tending to be more crispy than usual. That is a good trait. Two draft beers brought the lunch bill to $24.16 before tip.

The property is a refurbished sports bar with a new paint job. Service by Maggi was fine if not a little slow for a sandwich order. There were four other customers at the time.

We will be back. Give it a try, especially if you crave a muffuletta.