“Greasy fish”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Had the fried fish and it was really greasy. Fries were the same. The food was ok other than that. I like the location, nice place to go after being on the water. Could be better.

1  Thank PAFarris
There are newer reviews for J.B.'s Fish Camp & Restaurant

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My wife and I were on a Saturday romp. We decided to investigate New Smyrna Bch. Drove down to the south end of the beach road into the Canaveral National Park ( Park was great ). On the way back we noticed this restaurant, thought we would give it a try. Bad move.... Mostly a seafood menu ( that makes sense,we're at the beach and river ). Quirky ambience to this place a bit eclectic. Ordered half pound of scallops in garlic sauce tasted like cut sting ray and rubber bands.I had the fried fish basket not to bad but the slaw was awwwwwful. My wife had a blacken grouper sandwich and liked it just fine. Service was really lacking here ( very slow ). Some of the staff couldn't answer a basic question as to the type of rolls they serve. Location was fun. A view of the intercostal water way and a beautiful marsh area. Boaters and kayaker abound, must be real good fishing their. Not sure if we'll give it a go again. Plenty of other restaurants in the area.Not worth the stop.( Parking lot was like a demilitarized zone, large ruts and holes ).

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

REALLY wanted this place to be good, but just isn't. It came highly recommended, so maybe the bar was set too high. Didn't care for the good at all, service was ok and location was kind of cool. Take out the location, I never even would have gone.

1  Thank DateKnight_Original
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Delightfully tacky decor including a Jackalope, Gatorfish, and a deer wearing a bathing suit. Food was good and fresh ( loved the hush puppies) but the bill for a family of 4, with two off the kiddie menu was $78 before tip!!! Probably good for a one time trip, but the price will stop us from coming back.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We went to JB's on a weeknight, on our last night in town. It was pretty busy on the patio and in the restaurant but we had no wait time. Our service was a little slow, but we didn't mind, we were soaking up the views and the atmosphere. The food was pretty good, I had the coconut shrimp. Not the best I've ever had but still really good. The key lime pie, get it!! It was amazing! They had so many different menu options, you could eat for weeks and not get the same thing twice! This place will be on my short list of places to go when in town!