“Just like I remembered...”

J.B.'s Fish Camp & Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We returned to NSB after a 6 year hiatus. One of are 'must eat' places is JBs. We have been going there for many years, back when they were allowed to run fresh water from a hose into the river and you were almost guaranteed to see a manatee. I'm happy to report the seafood is still good as is the atmosphere. I read some negative reviews but we did not experience anything negative. Wait staff, food, and views are all still very good. We sat outside and even had a visit from a manatee!
Tip - get there early and avoid the wait (we arrived at 530 and our party of 8 was seated right away)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,499)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We love JB's. It's right on the inter coastal... boat docks and gazebo on the water, kayak rentals, stage with live music, seating indoor and out. It's an eclectic spot of bumper stickers, shirts, stuffed animals... Full liquor bar, good food, good view... Awesome for sunset! Nice crowd for family fun.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I won't go to Daytona/New Smyrna Beach without a couple of trips to JB's. All of their food is delicious, but my favorite is the crab sandwich! My son loved their raw oysters. This place is a must visit!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The menu here is very large and you can get plenty of seafood. Very causal dinning here, no need to get dressed up. Service was a bit iffy but then someone else took over our table and that worked much better. The rock shrimp were great! The fish sandwiches were all good. Nice to walk around and look at the dock and see the fish. I can see how this place could get very crowded and not sure if I would wait. The prices are what you are paying for seafood but that is still high! For 4 of us, no alcohol total was $90 with tip and we all had sandwiches no dinners. If I am in the area I might stop by again but I don't think I would do so in the evening and if there are many people drinking and I am with my kids.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Local, fresh and delicious!!! Service was fantastic! Everything we tried was on point! The perfect oceanside seafood restaurant. Casual and delicious!