“Food - Service - and River View are all first class!”

Grille At Riverview
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
pennsylvania
“Food - Service - and River View are all first class!”
Reviewed 11 June 2009

This is an excellent restaurant with well prepared food, fine service along with a
relaxing and pleasant view of the river. Whether you are dining inside, outside, or
just having a drink at the deck bar you will not be disappointed.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“this is the BEST restaurant in the area! go if you're looking for the entire package.”
Reviewed 29 May 2009

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Orlando, Florida
“Terrible Food. Rude Service. Huge Disappointment.”
Reviewed 5 October 2008

We were so disappointed with our experience at the Grille at Riverview. We would strongly discourage anyone from going here, since there are so many good restaurants in New Smyrna. We decided to go here for lunch on a Sunday during the month of October 2008. You can eat inside or outside on the deck overlooking the water. Since it was cooler out, we wanted to eat outside. Our party consisted of 2 adults (my husband and I late 30's) and our 2 children (infant and 4 year old). They were both sleeping at the time, so they were extra angelic! I mention this because I think they discriminate against families with small children. I've never been treated so oddly and rudely. When we asked for a table outside, we were asked if we had a reservation. We said no, did we need one? It didn't seem very busy. We said that we didn't mind waiting. She tried to get us to eat inside, but we decided to wait for a table outside. At first, she said that a few tables would soon be turning over soon. She then called the owner (or "her boss") to see when we could get a table. We heard her saying "yes, there are 2". "They are asleep". When she got off the phone, she said that her boss said there would not be a table available outside for atleast 45 minutes. We said that if it was OK, we would wait by the bar for a table. Just let us know when something was available. I also asked her for a highchair, and she said that none were available. We just felt so uncomfortable as we walked outside. We were surprised when we got to the bar area because we could see that 5 of the approximately 15 tables were empty. We were scrunched to the side. I had a nice view of the garbage can, service area and stairway where they brought the food down. It looked dirty. We waited for a few minutes and all but 2 of the tables opened up. There was nobody sitting there. The hostess or no one ever offered us a table. It was SO strange. We ended up ordering food from the hightop table. It was very uncomfortable taking care of the now awake (but very good) baby. We never got a highchair. On top of that, the food was terrible. I ordered the Monte Cristo sandwich. It consisted of soggy bread and a couple pieces of turkey and ham. It was served with a few slices of a rotton strawberry. I think it cost about $12. Definitely not worth it. I couldn't eat it, and I was starving. My husband's sandwich was also terrible, and the fries were cold. The bartender who served us was friendly. We asked him if they discouraged families to sit outside, and we mentioned what happened. He said "45 minutes for a table, Yeah! I wish. There's nobody here." He apologized, and said that the hostess was probably an idiot. Then, he went over to an older gentleman that was sitting at the bar. I think he was "the boss". He told him everything that we said, but then, just came back and charged us for the whole meal. The "boss" or manager never took the time to talk with us. We were so looking forward to a nice lunch out, and it was a huge disappointment. It's too bad because we are frequent travelers to New Smyrna. We love going out with friends there, and we could never recommend this place.

4 Thank SunDollyOz
maryville, tn
“just ok, pricey”
Reviewed 29 July 2008

july 28, 2008 a monday night. we made reservations for 7pm right on the river. we really did not need reservation because they were not all that busy, but for some reason they did not seat us where we made the reservations for. we were on the boardwalk, buy not right next to the river's edge. so, the food was ok, not $30 per person good. our server was nice and was running in and out because she was waiting on tables that were inside and outside. she looked tired, but was very pleasant and knowledgable about seafood and the different ways that it can be prepared. I think that this would be a very good choice for lunch and drinks if you sit riverside.

New Smyrna Beach Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“dinner experience”
Reviewed 2 July 2008

I took my wife and niece to the resturant thinking I would have a great experience. The facility and location are great. The meal, however, was not. The entree, a salmon dinner was not good, nor was the duck dinner that my niece had. I would not come back.

1 Thank billykid