“Won't go back”
Review of Sea Vista

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Smyrna Beach
Sea Vista
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Reviewed 11 June 2012

needed just a saturday night, but had to book a "2 night minimum" stay. Room clean but VERY old and dingy. had room 32, very close to Tiki bar, very noisey, didn't even stay the night, left after our planned event and went home. A very expensive $200 mistake!! This is not a place to relax in your room, that is for sure!

Room Tip: There are none that i could see. lots of folks had there doors propped open, all looked the same ex...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Ok first of all do not let the pictures fool you!! the rooms look nothing like the pictures!!! now me and my boyfriend went there for a 2 night beach getaway and was a horrible experience!! First of all we had the "beach front" efficiency (Room 30) and there is nasty mold in the bathroom, the fridge is tiny and you cant fit anything in it. Also the remote didnt work although we didnt really care to much about that since we where barley in the room. But one night just after preparing dinner some drunk fellow decided to bust in the window in our room and the motel staff said that they (are not responsible) for anything that happens in the hotel... So if you want to breath in black mold (if your over 5'2 or even close to 130lb you wont fit in the tiny showers either) not be able to use the fridge, have some drunken people that come to the bar off the street bust in your windows then please feel free to stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Heather H
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My friend and I stayed in one of the efficiency units. Although we didn't use the stove, both it and the fridge are very old. The fridge did work. The rooms looked as though they had been recently painted but the carpeting needs to be replaced. It looks almost like outdoor carpeting and is stained and just generally dirty. There is no A/C control in the unit next to the office. We were told by one of the cleaning women that it was controlled from the next unit. The fan in the living room shook so much when on that it rattled annoyingly and the pull chains noisily knocked against the lights. We left it off. On the other hand the staff was friendly and accomodating and when we reported a problem it was taken care of promptly. The linen was clean. I may just not be used to staying in places like this becuase it was generally either at full occupancy or close to it. I didn't check other local prices so perhaps this is a bargain. It is on the beach or at least the Tiki Bar is and its stairs lead down to the beach. The beach is one of the nicest I've seen on the Atlantic side.

Room Tip: Get a room as far from the Tiki Bar as possible. Although its hours seem to vary, it could be very n...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed 2 nights in the 2 bedroom condo which we didn't know was a block or 2 away from the main part and the tiki bar, and we didn't know it was down the street until we arrived. Disgusting patio loaded with ants, no chairs to sit outside either. The pool by the bar is very small and all but 3 or 4 of the lounge chairs are missing most of their webbing, they should be embarrsed to even put them out. Don't look at the web site either, it looks nothing like the real thing. The grounds are horrible and its obvious they don't put much money into upkeep!! Never ever again!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank ayerranger
Reviewed 18 July 2011

My husband and I stayed in King eff. with our 3 year old son. The room was clean, big, very well equipped it was also closer to the road which is away from the traffic from the Tikki Hut. The room was freezing cold with no thermostat to turn the air up, in the middle of the night my husband had to go and manually close the ducts after that it was fine. The grounds were littered with trash everywhere it looks absolutely terrible if I hadn't already made reservations there I never would have even looked at a room. If I was single and partying and wanted to drink at the tikki bar it would have been awesome. For our family vacation too much roughing it for me. Will not stay there again.

Room Tip: rooms closest to the beach are also closest to the tikki bar, that is busy and alot of foot traffic...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mrwobbysmommy
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Staying there now love it will be bringing my familia back

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank deeneil2004
Reviewed 10 March 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend - of course the weather was perfect beach weather, the tiki bar was busy but fun. It is an older motel - built maybe in the 40's or 50's but a great place to get away from the busy life. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. Only problem was parking on a busy beach day - but it worked itself out as the tiki bar people left late afternoon. We called ahead and they let us check into our room earlier than the 2:00 check-in which gave us almost all day Friday to enjoy the beach.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple