“Warning!!!!! Stay away!!!!”
Review of Sea Vista

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Smyrna Beach
Sea Vista
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This place was the absolute worst place we have ever stayed. We had no choice and had to stay one night... Wow!! People partying all night, doing drugs outside, beer cans everywhere, liquor bottles everywhere, cops coming in and out to arrest people.... I could go on and on... Couldn't get to the beach without people blowing cigarette smoke in your face!! Absolutely horrible! The only good part is we got a one night refund for our original reservation, but had to pay for 2 nights to sleep less than 5 Hours... Be aware if you think this is a good deal... On the beach and cheap.... You will be sorely disappointed!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank 22vacation

Reviewed 31 March 2013

While this motel is old, it is clean & convenient to restaurants, shops & most of all the beach. They have a pool & Tiki Bar. The only problem was that we chose to visit during "Spring Break", (Easter week-end). The noise level at 4 am was unbelievable. Next time I would call the cops.
That was Friday night. I think the management got the word because Saturday night was fine.
The room was $119 per night which sounds high but it was an efficiency with a full kitchen.

Room Tip: We had a corner room which allowed for lots of windows and bright light, also no neighbor on one sid...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ginny C
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We had an "adult camping trip" with 6 couples. The motel is right on the beach with a Tiki Bar and wooden deck. The deck has steps to the beach. The rooms had kitchens and we took turns cooking for community meals. A sand court-yard between the two buildings was perfect. Just like camping without tents. It's true that it needs some renovatimg, but the price was good, it was clean and comfortable. For our needs, a place to get together, drink, eat and have a good time, it was perfect. If you are looking for a shiny new hotel with all of the bells and whistles, go somewhere else. I you want an inexpensive, clean place to get away, give it a try. On the down side, you may want to bring a bottle of fabrize as some of the rooms smelled of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Toby&Jim
Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying this is a motel 100 feet from the sand with a "Tiki Bar" right on the sand that is popular with the locals. I got a room with a kitchenette for $200.00 for a week. That's $28.50 a day. This ain't the Ritz. The rooms are outdated, but clean. The TV is old but works. This is more a " Spring Breakers" motel than a Mom, Dad, and the kids motel. If you're looking for peaceful rest and relaxation, look elsewhere. If you want a place to collapse at after a day of swim and surf and a night of Rumrunners and music. This is the joint.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank BigRicG
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I was very pleased with my stay at the Sea Vista. The rooms were very clean and they have very reasonable rates, especially for a hotel on the beach. I am a single woman and was traveling with my dog. I felt safe and my dog and I were both welcomed. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The atmosphere was more like a home away from home, not just your typical hotel. I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Only had 3 days for our vacation. Paid for 3 days upfront. After one night my husband and I were in so much pain from the horrible bed we felt awful. Made the best out of it but after the second night we couldn't stay another night. Tried to cancel last night but of course no refunds. Never Again. If your a kid and drink yourself to pass out then don't notice the crippling bed, noisy area, and bright light shinning in the window, ok. It's almost a week now after and I am going to therapy for my lower back issues. Thinking about getting a lawyer because this is how bad it is. They ripped us off.

Room Tip: All the rooms have same terrible bed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2012

So first off we stayed in room 30 which is the ocean efficiency. Soon as we walked to our room we seen one of our windows was busted and the broken glass was retaped to the pane! When we went inside the carpet was old and dirty and there was mold on the ceilings. The bathroom window didn't lock and there was a hole where someone could peep. The shower was nasty didny even get in it. There were bugs everywhere and there was hair from someone on the floors and in the sink. There was a ciggerette bud on the night stand. The beds sank way down when you sat on them and you felt dirty and soggy when laying on them. Tv didn't work right. Dust everywhere. Mold. Bugs. Everything was disgusting. People go by outside drunken from the bar and making noise on the windows and door. Then to top it all off the hotel staff were literally on crack. The front of the motel seems as if some crack heads live in there. The staff doesn't give a crap about you. Old oil barrels behind rooms from resturaunt. The ice machine looks like its from a horror movie. Don't come here. I would rather sleep outside on the beach.

• Stayed: March 2012