“First visit to WUC.....”
Review of Wake Up Cafe

Wake Up Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“First visit to WUC.....”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I visited The WUC for the first time on Saturday the 28th. Place was busy and a bit loud. We were seated as soon as we walked in. Staff was friendly, atmosphere was nice. I enjoyed reading the short story of how the place came to be. Unfortunately, both my breakfast (eggs) and my wife's (eggs) were dry and over cooked. I agree with another post that I thought it a bit pricey, $1.99 for a cup of coffee, $1.99 for a glass of orange juice? I am not a big "going out for breakfast" person so I found that a little on the high side. The dishes also a bit on the high side. I will give them another try as we really try to support our local places as much as we can.

• Visited June 2014

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Delicious and different!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My dad and I stopped in one morning looking for coffee, after we looked at the menu we realized it had an Argentine/Spanish influence, we were both very excited to find this in NSB, the owner came out to say hello, he was very friendly. Everything people were eating around us looked amazing we only had time for some Empanadas(chicken filled patties) which were delicious and freshly brewed coffee . The restaurant was modern and clean, the staff was very friendly. We will defiantly be back!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank momonthego75
New Jersey
“Nice but a little pricey”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Nice little cafe - wonderful food, quick service, but a little pricey for breakfast. Had some outside seating which was nice.

Visited June 2014
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Argentina influenced breakfasts anyone??”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I met the owner while thrift shopping at Habitat for Humanity. He worked there and was always very nice. While walking by Wake up Cafe he was sitting outside and I asked hi if he was now working there and he said he owns it!!! How awesome, so we tried it one morning and glad we did. Everyone was very nice inside, great atmosphere with art for local artists especially the high school photog students hanging on the walls. Prices were very reasonable. I normally am the good ole American food type of person especially breakfast but I decided to be daring and try the Argentine “Tango Omelet" with Chorizo sausage and feta cheese. Wow that was awesome! My wife had a breakfast that included a pancake. I normally am not impressed by pancakes but this was like eating a funnel cake at the fair, very light and crispy on the outside soft inside with powdered sugar sprinkled on top...smack your momma good!!! They also have sandwiches, soups and salads as well as a great kids menu that will have them bouncing off the walls. They are open for breakfast and lunch. We enjoyed the food and will be back to try lunch and of course pancakes for breakfast next time.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Ranman2013
Edgewater, Florida
“Unique menu”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I went on a Sunday mid-morning and there was about a 15 minute wait, which was fine as there is limited seating. The service was quick and friendly and the kitchen was working hard to get the food out in a reasonable time. Everything came out as ordered and was hot and delicious!~
We will most definitely go back! This is a must stop if you are in NSB!!

• Visited May 2014