Islander Beach Resort
The Riverview Hotel(New Smyrna Beach)
US$231
US$180
US$174
US$203
US$179
Nocturne Motel(New Smyrna Beach)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$96
Travelocity
Atlantic Plaza(New Smyrna Beach)
Buena Vista Inn(New Smyrna Beach)
Priceline
All reviewshot tubtime sharestudio unitlarge poolsundaefull kitchenocean frontsecond weekgreat poolpool towelsan older propertyqueen bednew smyrnamake your ownmany yearslove this placethe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2003

We have been going to the islander since my daughter was around 3 yrs old, it was still a best western back then, so we have been in the timeshare for a long time. My daughter is 30 yrs old now and some of our favourite memories were there. Over the years staff has come and gone but have always been friendly especially with my daughter, always looking out for her. when I talk about one day selling my daughter makes me promise it will be her that will take it over!!!! It is really is a great place.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, TX
Reviewed 3 November 2003

I, too, have had my pockets picked by the Islander. I inherited a time share this year. Since I live out of state and cannot use the unit, I tried to sell the unit through the resort. I was told they were not accepting resales at this time. I then tried to give the unit back to the resort, and was told I could not because it had to be probated before I could gift it. Probating the unit cost over $1200 US! Now the resort wants an additional fee to cover their paperwork for the ownership change! Adding insult to injury, I have to pay the $700 US "restoration" fee to repair damages from the elements, and, since probate and ownership change took a while, I am being charged a "late fee" on the restoration fee. (How can I be late in payment when I don't yet own the unit?) Bottom line: with probate, "restoration fee," late fees, paperwork fees and association dues, I have paid more this year for this time share than it is worth!The final straw: my wife and I couldn't use our week this year even if we wanted to because the Islander is closed down for "restoration." We will owe another year's dues before we have the opportunity to "enjoy" our timeshare. I could have had a great vacation this year with the monies I've had to shell out to this so-called vacation resort.Think twice and long before willing a time share to your heirs.

21  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 26 August 2003

Close to Daytona, but without the crowds. Nice beach, clean, not too crowded, nice place. Will come here again.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ooltewah,TN
Reviewed 14 July 2003

I visited this resort with my eldely aunt and two children. We started our vacation out in Cocoa Beach at the Wacculla suites. The accomodations were awful at the Wacculla. We were lied to from the begginning and the first night the kitchen disposal broke and then later that night the refrigerator broke. We decided to leave and go back up he coast. We stopped in New Smyrna and found the Islander......This was the best thing that happened on the trip. The staff at the Islander were all very friendly and the accomodatons were beyond our expectations. Next year this will be our destination of choice. Thank you ISLANDER for saving our vacation.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lindsay, ONTARIO
Reviewed 25 March 2003

My wife and I have vacationed here for about 12 0r 13 years. We have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at the resort. What has become a very real problem to us is that we have never stopped paying. I will attempt to explain: The initial price for our first (1 week) time-share was about $7,000 CAN .......... we accepted that. Later on, we purchased a second time-share which, by that time, had deteriorated in value ........ so, it only cost us around $3,000 CAN. Every year, we pay our maintenance fees which amount to approx. $500 CAN/t.share week, plus Florida Tax of $98 CAN/t.share week. That brings our yearly total to nearly $1200 CAN. We accept that also. Our complaint is this: 1. Every time there is a beach-damaging storm, we are assessed additionally to pay for relacement of beach sand, etc. [Why is this not done by the City of NSB or by the State of FLA?] 2. Now it has been decided since the Islander has deteriorated so extensively, each owner has been "specially assessed" at a rate of $1150 CAN/t.share week. [This makes our cost for this year alone = $3500 CAN.] 3. I do not see why there have not been contingency plans for all of these situations, built into each individual contract from the very beginning. We are angry and refuse to be the "suckers" to finance any/all who may become owners in the future. We are retired with (naturally) less income; our CAN $ has devalued so badly that it is now worth just a little more than 1/3 of your US $. So, you can see why we are "hurting" and why we get upset when the costs & responsibilities of others get heaped upon us.

19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member